Weapons & Equip New Pillar Weapons and accessories

MoonLord_With_DirtRod

Official Terrarian
I think the we need more pillar weapons. heres some ideas:

Stardust:
My idea for the stardust pillar depends on how many weapons will be added. If there is only one being added, I think the cell staff should be reworked into a sentry, as well as adding a whip. If adding 2 weapons, the cell staff should be kept as is, and add a whip and sentry weapon.
Vortex:
The Vortex Pillar needs a rocket launcher, and either a dart or "throwing" weapon. the rocket launcher could summon a vortex (size depending on rocket used) that would stay in place and damage enemies. as for the other weapon, i feel that both sub-classes are severely underdone. i dont have any ideas for either at the moment, but i would love to see what the terraria devs could come up with
Solar:
Solar weapons are not like other pillar weapons, as they dont fit into a specific subclass of weapons (ex. sword or yoyo). the solar eruption kinda resembles an "extendo-sword", and the daybreak acts as a thrown spear of sorts. id love to see more unique melee weapons from the solar pillar. maybe a "flail" that will go around you like normal, and you can control how far away it spins, and it will bounce and change direction if the orbit is blocked by solid blocks. maybe a yoyo that "erupts" like the pillar itself. maybe a boomerang that act like the flying knife. there are tons of possibilities.
Nebula:
Nebula should have a spell tome and a wand weapon. i have no idea for the spell tome, but perhaps a charge-up wand that the projectiles damage, size, and possibly other things change based off of how long you charge it.

each pillar should get its own "charm", an accessory made with the fragments. they will all boost damage and crit chance for their respective weapons, as well as the following:

Solar = melee weapons always inflict Daybroken debuff (already in game)
Nebula = magic weapons have a 1/2 chance to inflict Nebula Burn debuff (damage over time and enemy damage reduced by 50%, both gradually reducing back to normal as the debuff runs out.)
Vortex = ranged weapons have a 1/3 chance to inflict Vortex Pull debuff (cannot move or attack until debuff is over)
Stardust = minions, sentries, and whips always Inflict Stardusted debuff (slightly slows enemies. when debuff ends, an small implosion will occur, dealing 2/3 of the damage that was dealt by the weapon that inflicted the debuff. can be applied to a target twice at a single time as seperate debuffs. reapplying the debuff will not reset either of the currently applied debuffs timers)

these charms can be used to upgrade the fire gauntlet, recon scope, papyrus scarab + pygmy neclace combination, and the mana cloak respectively, and will also add an extra effect.

just thought these were cool

Back
Top Bottom