New Player, have some questions.

Curesto

Terrarian
I've been playing with my friend for 2 days and she gave me these outfits. I have about 160 HP . I've never fough any bosses, i've been playing terraria only for 5 days. She told me about bosses and housing. Also, i have these items. What should i do next? Thanks.
Terraria_2020_12_10_20_11_24_085.png

The eye of cthulu or the king slime is the first boss you should fight. The eye of cthulu drops ore that lets you make some new weapons. If you want to make an armor or pickaxe from that ore, you need to either fight the Brain of Cthulu or the Eater of Worlds depending if you have the purple or red biome. Once you do this, come back for some more tips.
Or, better yet, visit the wiki and follow the tutorials

use your staff that summons a birdo in this.
get 20 gel, and a gold crown. you will have to get a ruby and some gold for the gold crown and kill slimes for the gel.
go to your local corruption place and find an alter. it will either look like something purple with many horns or something red with many eyes.
craft a slime crown. use it at day, and use your summon staff and boomerang to kill it and defeat it. boom you killed your first boss. this is probably the easiest boss for a begginer

The eye of cthulu or the king slime is the first boss you should fight. The eye of cthulu drops ore that lets you make some new weapons. If you want to make an armor or pickaxe from that ore, you need to either fight the Brain of Cthulu or the Eater of Worlds depending if you have the purple or red biome. Once you do this, come back for some more tips.
Or, better yet, visit the wiki and follow the tutorials
Thanks.
use your staff that summons a birdo in this.
get 20 gel, and a gold crown. you will have to get a ruby and some gold for the gold crown and kill slimes for the gel.
go to your local corruption place and find an alter. it will either look like something purple with many horns or something red with many eyes.
craft a slime crown. use it at day, and use your summon staff and boomerang to kill it and defeat it. boom you killed your first boss. this is probably the easiest boss for a begginer

Thanks.

These would be my next steps:
  • Do some more exploring underground for life crystals. While you *could* go fight a boss now, it'd be pretty tough, especially for a beginner. I'd say try to get up to at least 200HP.
  • Try to get a matching armor set (all 3 pieces made from the same ore), because a matching set will give you a defense bonus.
  • Craft or find some chests to store some of your stuff!
  • Build some extra houses so more NPCs like the merchant will move in.
  • In general, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to fight your first boss - it'll naturally show up on its own when you're strong enough to fight it.

These would be my next steps:
  • Do some more exploring underground for life crystals. While you *could* go fight a boss now, it'd be pretty tough, especially for a beginner. I'd say try to get up to at least 200HP.
  • Try to get a matching armor set (all 3 pieces made from the same ore), because a matching set will give you a defense bonus.
  • Craft or find some chests to store some of your stuff!
  • Build some extra houses so more NPCs like the merchant will move in.
  • In general, you shouldn't have to go out of your way to fight your first boss - it'll naturally show up on its own when you're strong enough to fight it.
I've defeated Eye Of Cthulhu with 240 HP and Snowball Cannon. Thanks. Will my next step is defeat King Slime? Thanks.

I've defeated Eye Of Cthulhu with 240 HP and Snowball Cannon. Thanks. Will my next step is defeat King Slime? Thanks.

yeah i recomend you make a flat three platform arena flat terrain underneath and some camp fires.
you will need a hook some kind of double jump and some speed boots.
Jesters arrows with a platinum or gold bow works very well with him because it damages all the slimes.
And maybe get some Stronger armor if you can or a full set of lead or iron

yeah i recomend you make a flat three platform arena flat terrain underneath and some camp fires.
you will need a hook some kind of double jump and some speed boots.
Jesters arrows with a platinum or gold bow works very well with him because it damages all the slimes.
And maybe get some Stronger armor if you can or a full set of lead or iron
I've strenghtened myself. Now, i have these items. Am i strong enough for King Slime?
Terraria_2020_12_11_02_24_34_697.png

Not Related to Progression, but it's a nice QoL Tip.

Example of Someone who Favorited Items in Their Inventory:
1607664807665.png

You can Favorite your Items by pressing Alt+Click on them.
When you Favorite an Item in your inventory, you will not be able to Quick-Stack, Trash, Sell, or Drop that item; it's pretty useful.

Don't forget to craft Demon Bow, it is better than yours for now. From King Slime you should get Slimy Saddle, an amazing mount (drops with 25% chance)

Not Related to Progression, but it's a nice QoL Tip.

Example of Someone who Favorited Items in Their Inventory:
View attachment 301404

You can Favorite your Items by pressing Alt+Click on them.
When you Favorite an Item in your inventory, you will not be able to Quick-Stack, Trash, Sell, or Drop that item; it's pretty useful.
That's looks useful, thanks. Also, i don't know how to spawn King Slime. What should i do? Also, have these items:
Terraria_2020_12_11_16_11_22_759.png

That's looks useful, thanks. Also, i don't know how to spawn King Slime. What should i do? Also, have these items:
View attachment 301434

you can spawn king slime with a Slime crown Crafted with one crown and some gel at a demon alter. (easiest)
you can also spawn him after killing 150 slimes in a slime rain event (mediium)
Rarely in the outer lateral sixths of the map, during daytime, and only on grass. (hard)

also start another house next to yours and fill it with about 6 or 8 chests it will clean your inventory a lot and make it easy to find everything
1607693877025.png

(this is just some rando pic i found)

you can spawn king slime with a Slime crown Crafted with one crown and some gel at a demon alter. (easiest)
you can also spawn him after killing 150 slimes in a slime rain event (mediium)
Rarely in the outer lateral sixths of the map, during daytime, and only on grass. (hard)

also start another house next to yours and fill it with about 6 or 8 chests it will clean your inventory a lot and make it easy to find everything
View attachment 301435
(this is just some rando pic i found)
I think i'm ready right now, also i've built this house from searching ideas from internet:
Terraria_2020_12_11_22_03_51_888.png

Back
Top Bottom