PC New playthrough challenges

ToaRex

Empress of Light
Hello people, I was thinking of starting a new playthrough challenge but I don't know what to do I've already done some of the basic ones like melee magic ranger I've also done a yo-yo only playthrough so any ideas of what I should do next?

Do a barrel roll!
Or even better. Now do it with a copper shortsword.
On the first night.

1:
Don't let more than 2 of your npcs be dead at the same time, but always build your arena close to your "town" and don't make your doors be unopenable.
2:
You must always have the "Well fed" buff. You have to craft and eat your first food item in the first day, and from then you must always have the well fed buff.
3:
Only use melee weapons that don't shoot projectiles
4:
Never use any life crystals
5:
You have to kill anything you see. If you see a critter at the edge of your screen, you must go and kill it before continuing what you were doing.

Some interesting challenges are (use other world or inv editor to get items):
1: Play through the entire game upside-down using a gravity globe (unless using real gravitation potions). You fail if you fall into the sky.
2: Play through the entire game with the neptune's shell and the fishbowl equipped, so you always drown out of water (when you use a gills potion, you can switch your helmet to something more useful for the duration of the buff)
3: Play through the entire game underground, from when you first spawn. Dig down immediately, or walk into a cave if you see one, and never come outside - or close to the surface - again. Don't bother chopping trees either.

These are especially fun on hardcore mode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Edit your inventory to start with a Slime Staff instead of a Copper Shortsword.
You are now doing a true Summoner run.
You will not be allowed any weapons other than Summons, and any melee with Pickaxe, Axe, or Hammer functions (on the justification that they are tools, not weapons).
You will be allowed only Summoner armors or armors made of wood.
There are no accessory or mount restrictions.
Have fun!

I have a few ideas, though it may seem odd or even impossible.

Challenges:
No Healing or Mana potion usage - Your only means of Health and Mana restoration are hearts and star drops from monsters.
No Reforges - When you craft or find an item you stick to the prefix it came with.
No Wings - Your only means of flight are Spectre/Rocket Boots.
Do not allow more than 5 NPC's to die - If said thing happens, it's game over.
Do not use Flight Capable Mounts - No UFO No Pigron etc.

Impossible? Easy? Tough? or just silly?

Last edited:
Play with no magic mirrors. It makes fishing always necessary so you can make recall potions.

Also, I have always wanted to do a "trophy" play through with armor. You have to make each armor set in order; displaying all the sets on wooden mannequins once the next level is achieved. So this would only pertain to craftable armors. You can wear armor from npc drops if you have unlocked the level, for instance you can wear ninja gear if you have achieved platinum/gold armor. This is the list of armor in order http://terraria.wiki.gg/Armor

Also, I have always wanted to do a "trophy" play through with armor. You have to make each armor set in order; displaying all the sets on wooden mannequins once the next level is achieved. So this would only pertain to craftable armors.

I hollowed out a hill next to my base and have been busy putting in a copy of every armor in the game in order of defense provided. This includes helmet/body armor variations, with each variant needing a full set. Getting the hardmode ores that didn't spawn on my world from fishing crates was a bit time consuming. All I'm missing now are Spectre Armor (my plan requires a crapton of Chlorophyte bars and it's been slow going) and the 4 armors that need Moon Lord drops. You wouldn't believe how much screen lag there is when I first start up the game and move over to that hollowed out hill...probably doesn't help that I'm also working on accumulating a full set of vanity equipment. Dev armors are proving challenging.

Back
Top Bottom