NPCs & Enemies New Post Moon-Lord NPC: the Master of Knowledge

What do you like/not like?

• I like the new NPC.

• I do not like the new NPC.

• I like the Lunar Shards.

• I do not like the Lunar Shards.

• I like the placable Demon Altars.

• I do not like the placable Demon Altars.

• Needs more work for me to like it.

• This thread is full of bad ideas.

• This thread is full of good ideas.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TBNRWolf

Terrarian
*This idea is a WIP and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.*

So, I was thinking about NPCs, and realized that the last NPC, the cyborg, is unlocked after you beat Plantera, or about halfway through hardmode. This leaves a no new NPCs in late hardmode, so I propose adding (drumroll please) the Master of Worlds (I need better name plz). This NPC arrives after defeating the Moon Lord, and does not need a specific biome to spawn.

Lore: The Master of Knowledge is the Moon Lord's weaker cousin who was captured by the Moon Lord after trying to inform the people of Terraria. He, unlike the Moon Lord, decided to collect knowledge through peaceful means and share the knowledge across the cosmos.

Names: Aristotle the sophic, Daedalus the enlightened, Archimedes the cogitative, Ciero the sagacious, Hippocrates the foresighted, et cetera et cetera. Their names refer to ancient philosophers (except Daedalus) and the third words are all synonyms to wise.

Sells (everything listed here is sold all the time unless stated otherwise):
1 platinum: Lunar Shard (sold at night)
30 gold: Enchanted Sundial (sold during the day)
30 gold: Enchanted Moondial (sold at night)
1 platinum: Demon Altar (Crimson or Corruption is determined by the world the Master is in)

The Enchanted Moondial is identical to the Enchanted Sundial, except it speeds up night; they each have separate cooldowns. The demon altar would act just as a crafting station, attempting to break one will only result in picking it up. Now to the good stuff; the Lunar Shard is a crafting material used to make all the weapons dropped by the Moon Lord, making RNG less of a factor. At any Ancient Manipulator, a Lunar Shard can be crafted with 20 Luminite Bars to make a Lunar Weapon base; tooltip: imbued with the strength of the Moon Lord. Lunar Weapon base + 15 of a certain fragment (solar for melee weapons, vortex for ranged, et cetera et cetera) makes any of the weapons dropped by the Moon Lord. This helps eliminate the RNG of Moon Lord drops. I faced the Moon Lord 9 times in my magic playthrough and got a Terrarian, 2 Meowmeres, all four ranged and summoner weapons, and 2 lunar flares!!!! Through this system, I should only have to face him 4-6 times and the pillars 2-4 times to get everything I need.

*Sprites are greatly appreciated.*

Last edited:
"Through this system, I should only have to face him 3-4 times and the pillars 2-3 times to get everything I need."

You're forgetting that the Moon Lord only drops an average of 20 bars worth of Luminite, and I'm sure you'd want some of that for armor. So, say 4 wins, call it 3 random weapon drops and a dupe, plus 80 Bars worth of Luminite. So, 36 bars for armor, and you get 2 more weapons of choice... if you're not interested in Wings (10 bars), Pickaxe (10) or Hamaxe (12), much less the DCU (40). And the Moon Lord weapons are further competing with the Pillar weapons.

"Through this system, I should only have to face him 3-4 times and the pillars 2-3 times to get everything I need."

You're forgetting that the Moon Lord only drops an average of 20 bars worth of Luminite, and I'm sure you'd want some of that for armor. So, say 4 wins, call it 3 random weapon drops and a dupe, plus 80 Bars worth of Luminite. So, 36 bars for armor, and you get 2 more weapons of choice... if you're not interested in Wings (10 bars), Pickaxe (10) or Hamaxe (12), much less the DCU (40). And the Moon Lord weapons are further competing with the Pillar weapons.

Fixed. thanks for the feedback :)

It's an ok idea in my opinion, I like it but.. WHO THE HELL NEEDS SHARPENING STATION AFTER BEATING MOON LORD?!?

Back
Top Bottom