New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice patch !
After you are done stabilizing the PS4 & Xbox One update, will you go to focus on the Switch ?
I kinda really want it, because I would play it at school... with a friend :D

Nice one ClearConscious I would give you a high five or something but your kinda far away but still nice one
[doublepost=1521841667,1521841211][/doublepost]ClearConscious I was wondering about a few bugs I read the post so I was wondering when you guys are gonna get on things like
* When opening anything it keeps opening over and over again
* When looking at anything the text is super small and can sometimes not be read
* Also when looking at things the transparency of the menu makes it hard to read things because of the fact that background things like blocks are getting in the way so you could possibly make letters bolder so there easier to read
* This is the big one the game not showing fully on the tv like the edes being cut off.
Mostly that's it so if I have anymore problems I'll be sure to ask but I would appreciate if you could help me with whatever information you have thank you in advance.
On the first page, about halfway down ClearConscious answered the transparency question, and they are indeed working on it.
We have a list of other items that will be addressed in another patch like UI transparency.
And AFAIK the edges of the game getting cut off is a setting on the console/TV that isn't related to Terraria, but for some reason this game does trigger your console/TV to crop the screen with black borders. See this link to get it fixed: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/#3

Your first two questions are new though, so if you can report them here they might get seen sooner. But make sure to search that section for those issues before you post something as they might have been reported already and you can just add your two cents to the thread then.

Hope that helped! :D

Great! But hold up what ABOUT MOBILE???
[doublepost=1521930226,1521930145][/doublepost]I’m surprise don’t you guys said it would come out in March.

Nice patch !
After you are done stabilizing the PS4 & Xbox One update, will you go to focus on the Switch ?

Great! But hold up what ABOUT MOBILE???
[doublepost=1521930226,1521930145][/doublepost]I’m surprise don’t you guys said it would come out in March.

From the 1.3 PS4 Launch thread:
Switch & Mobile are being worked on. We don't have an ETA yet on when those will be available. Once we have news to share we will.

We're also resolving a few other things for the next PS4 & Xbox One patch before doing final testing & submission.

I just wanna ask about some freezes that my game has, i play in normal ps4, when im playing there is sometimes that the game frezees by 1 sec and its really common to happen. Is this only me? Or is "normal"
You're not alone, it happens to me quite often. I always worry if it's starting to crash when that happens (it used to be a common pattern on the PC version), especially during a long play session. It's a HUGE reason to bring back the "save without exit" option. Having to wait for the next autosave doesn't cut it.

Haven't seen anyone else mentioning this but is anyone else experiencing that the Mechanical worm is invisible. I'd say 9 out of 10 times he in invisible. I imagine some of his minions are too. Only way I can see him is his icon/head on the minimap. Makes the fight a lot harder than it should be..

This is on Xbox One X.

Well my character freezes when I use certain weapons. Such as the Lunar Flare, where my character freezes for about 20 seconds and it only spawns tiny projectiles. There's also the Nebula Arcanum, where the projectiles are invisible and I get frozen in place indefinitely. I haven't tried with other weapons.

Nice patch !
Pretty sure they're planning on Mobile being updated before the Switch, since we mobile users were waiting longer.

And if you look at the mobile section on the forums, the last one is from April 5th 2016, and the whole section doesn't mention Pipeworks Studio. I believe PW took/will take over Mobile as well.

Pretty sure they're planning on Mobile being updated before the Switch, since we mobile users were waiting longer.

And if you look at the mobile section on the forums, the last one is from April 5th 2016, and the whole section doesn't mention Pipeworks Studio. I believe PW took/will take over Mobile as well.

https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/975150116746211328
Switch is first, mobile is last because of hard optimization... I think

https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/975150116746211328
Switch is first, mobile is last because of hard optimization... I think

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-major-news-updates-for-console-mobile.47156/
Key things to know:
  • Timing is planned to be “around the time of” the Console Reset – but likely will come after it by at least a few months. As we know more, we will share it.
Granted, this is all before the Switch even came out, but I still think it applies.

Besides, it wouldn't be much harder to do Mobile than to do Switch, since they have to write the Switch's originally.

EDIT: Nope, it takes Unity. Unity is what they just wrote Console to.

Last edited:
Giant Porkchop said:
It's a problem with your TV (so Pipeworks can't fix this). Should be in your TVs video settings. If you let me know what TV you have, I could help more.

That is just not true. When I turn off the over scan on my tv it makes terraria look blurrier. So the overscan is there for a reason.

Also, before the big update the screen was not cropped. So the update caused this problem.

More importantly, NONE of my other games cut off the screen HUD. Not one. So how is that a problem of my tv and not the one game that crops the screen and only started doing it after an update?

I had a busy day in Terraria... Loaded into the game while it was raining, so I was hovering waiting for more rainbow slimes so I can get their banner. Night switched to day, and I was puzzling over the fact that the little icon in front of the lunar phase as displayed by my cell phone had turned red. It took getting hit to realize a solar eclipse had started. Some four-letter words were uttered while I set up a sentry and summoned a minion while I shuffled accessories (I'd logged out after fishing yesterday). Solar eclipse ran straight into a blood moon, which I spent in the jungle looking for Doctor Bones spawns. Was getting harassed by harpies at ground level during XP

I wanted to make a set of magic cuffs and celestial cuffs for my magic character, but I didn't have any bands of starpower. Went over to my expert corruption world to get some. First Eater of Worlds fight I didn't get a treasure bag, which I am confused and annoyed by. Next two fights I banished my summon and just shot the worm to death, got two bags. And got three bands of starpower, so I can make two sets of cuffs and have one band for a spare. Also had a freaking blood moon during fight #2.

During the third worm fight I got a notice of a meteorite impact. But damned if I could find the thing. A second one crashed while I was searching, and then I got hit by a goblin army. Thankfully even in an expert world pre-hardmode goblins are still pushovers and my sentries did most of the work (I run the rainbow crystal and lunar portal staffs since learning that I can). Then I went back out for the meteorites. Found one at the bottom of a shallow but wide hole, but the first one had managed to spawn at the bottom of a deep two-block-wide gap in a desert by the far left ocean. No wonder I couldn't find the thing.

Left the expert world, got the weird text graphical bug on the character select screen so I had to exit and relaunch. Went to my main world and made the stuff. After that I got in one Moon Lord kill (he dropped the Terrarian), and then, just as I was about to quit for the night, SUDDENLY PIRATES.

I had a busy day in Terraria... Loaded into the game while it was raining, so I was hovering waiting for more rainbow slimes so I can get their banner. Night switched to day, and I was puzzling over the fact that the little icon in front of the lunar phase as displayed by my cell phone had turned red. It took getting hit to realize a solar eclipse had started. Some four-letter words were uttered while I set up a sentry and summoned a minion while I shuffled accessories (I'd logged out after fishing yesterday). Solar eclipse ran straight into a blood moon, which I spent in the jungle looking for Doctor Bones spawns. Was getting harassed by harpies at ground level during XP

I wanted to make a set of magic cuffs and celestial cuffs for my magic character, but I didn't have any bands of starpower. Went over to my expert corruption world to get some. First Eater of Worlds fight I didn't get a treasure bag, which I am confused and annoyed by. Next two fights I banished my summon and just shot the worm to death, got two bags. And got three bands of starpower, so I can make two sets of cuffs and have one band for a spare. Also had a freaking blood moon during fight #2.

During the third worm fight I got a notice of a meteorite impact. But damned if I could find the thing. A second one crashed while I was searching, and then I got hit by a goblin army. Thankfully even in an expert world pre-hardmode goblins are still pushovers and my sentries did most of the work (I run the rainbow crystal and lunar portal staffs since learning that I can). Then I went back out for the meteorites. Found one at the bottom of a shallow but wide hole, but the first one had managed to spawn at the bottom of a deep two-block-wide gap in a desert by the far left ocean. No wonder I couldn't find the thing.

Left the expert world, got the weird text graphical bug on the character select screen so I had to exit and relaunch. Went to my main world and made the stuff. After that I got in one Moon Lord kill (he dropped the Terrarian), and then, just as I was about to quit for the night, SUDDENLY PIRATES.

R.I.P you

nice, you're better at the game than me
(i haven't played Terraria in like a year so I am a bit rusty )

It helps that I'm running end-game armor and weapons, with all the best modifiers on my accessories. Eater of Worlds was easy, and with an empty, unobstructed killing field the sentries were taking care of the goblins. That invasion was done in under two minutes. As for the solar eclipse, that wasn't in expert mode, and it was unusually quiet for an eclipse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom