New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main character's a summoner, fully decked out with 3 sentries, 4 different minion types, all accessories Warding and max minions without buffs. I got buff stations scattered across all worlds. Don't have much summoning potions because they are a pain to get. My mage has the cuffs, mana flower, boots, wings, and the Celestial Shell. No room for a shield on him. Got a Last Prism which only consumes 7 mana, plus the amount of mana I have and the set bonus, I hardly ever run out. Laser Machinegun and Bubble gun use 3 and 2 mana, making them really fun for events. Ranger so far barely has anything, but my melee character is decked out with an Ankh Shield, Fire Gauntlet, Wings, Boots, and Master Ninja Gear.

I'm wrapping up my third playthrough of the game, yet again amazingly fun. Used Ranger this time, and I discovered how fun traps are. Spent hours in the dungeon farming for the sniper rifle. The Scope really needs to be fixed on console. Same with the lunar flare.

Just started an Expert Playthrough. Found out it was really fun. Beat King Slime, EoC, BoC, and now using their weapons. Life Crystals are very aggravating to find.

My main is a fully-decked melee character in full solar flare armor. Accessories are a bit of a mess because I switch them out depending on what I'm doing. Secondary character is my ranger... full vortex armor, avenger emblem, ranger emblem, sniper scope, warding fishron wings... I switch out the wings for a warding worm scarf usually b/c I have the ufo mount. Main weapon is an Unreal SDMG. My magic character has only been used for co-op Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon farming, back on the 360. Has mana flower but no magic/celestial cuffs (I only just made those) and spectre armor with hood. Do not like the set nerf to damage output or the mana sickness debuff so I'm going to put her in full nebula.

My summoner character is new... Full stardust armor and all accessories, but so far only the stardust dragon staff. I'm still equipping her. Farming Moon Lord for more of his drops so I can get her the lunar portal and rainbow crystal sentries. Also have a stardust cell staff that needs reforging and a deadly sphere staff ready, along with a sharknado staff. Also need to go on another fishing spree to get all the potions I'll need for her. But she's coming along nicely.

My main is a fully-decked melee character in full solar flare armor. Accessories are a bit of a mess because I switch them out depending on what I'm doing. Secondary character is my ranger... full vortex armor, avenger emblem, ranger emblem, sniper scope, warding fishron wings... I switch out the wings for a warding worm scarf usually b/c I have the ufo mount. Main weapon is an Unreal SDMG. My magic character has only been used for co-op Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon farming, back on the 360. Has mana flower but no magic/celestial cuffs (I only just made those) and spectre armor with hood. Do not like the set nerf to damage output or the mana sickness debuff so I'm going to put her in full nebula.

My summoner character is new... Full stardust armor and all accessories, but so far only the stardust dragon staff. I'm still equipping her. Farming Moon Lord for more of his drops so I can get her the lunar portal and rainbow crystal sentries. Also have a stardust cell staff that needs reforging and a deadly sphere staff ready, along with a sharknado staff. Also need to go on another fishing spree to get all the potions I'll need for her. But she's coming along nicely.

I don't use my Xbox 360 account so I had started from scratch. I only have some armor and weapons my friend doesn't use, I need to farm a lot more before moon lord

I moved my main world ahead from the 360 to the Xbox One version. Have made other new worlds since but that's still where my main base and all my storage is.

I had someone join my game who was apparently on my co-player's friends list but not mine (and I was hosting). We were doing Moon Lord kills, the boss spawned on him at my main base, and killed half my NPCs

Interesting. Will ask PW if that is supposed to be the case. That kinda makes sense about the "randoms" coming in being the issue vs it supposed to be friends list... and still, Invite Only would be nice so that you could isolate to 2-3 people if you wanted.

Is the invisible projectiles bug and the bug that causes the characters to go to glitch text when reloading a world fixed? Those have been the only big bugs for me.

I am only aware of the "glitched text" thing in regards to the map/minimap (which is annoying but not game-breaking).

fter you are done stabilizing the PS4 & Xbox One update, will you go to focus on the Switch ?

Great! But hold up what ABOUT MOBILE???

Switch and Mobile, yes. Some work has already started - it will ramp up to full speed once Console is stabilized.

Pretty sure they're planning on Mobile being updated before the Switch, since we mobile users were waiting longer.

There will is and will be a team focused on each, working in parallel. Game development is what it is - but yeah, ideally, each of them come as soon as possible.

Has mana flower but no magic/celestial cuffs (I only just made those) and spectre armor with hood. Do not like the set nerf to damage output or the mana sickness debuff so I'm going to put her in full nebula.

The Mana Sickness comes from having Mana Pots and the Mana Flower Equipped. Celestial Cuffs are OP, I suggest getting those on your mage ASAP, buy multiple Celestial Magnets when the Travelling Merchant sells them.

I don't have a Console, especially not 1.3, and it's been a while since I've played 1.3 PC, but I've found that Spectre Armour, (Hood), Celestial Cuffs, and a Razorpine, Bubble Gun, Razorblade Typhoon, or any other fast, cheap mana cost, high-damage magic weapon, used in tandem, is incredibly OP.

The Spectre Armour (Hood) heals you whenever you deal damage, (hence why you need a fast weapon, so you deal damage faster.) which seems to be relative to the enemy's HP, so Bosses heal you incredibly well. The Celestial Cuffs increase the pickup range of mana stars, which is quite useful, killing things gets you mana. It also gives you mana when damaged, so combined with a Cobalt, Obsidian, or Ankh Shield, makes it so you can take continual damage from an enemy, which gives you infinite mana, combined with infinite health from you Soectre Armour, you're good to go. Pre-1.3 I can currently take continual touch-damage from any boss and live. (Course, SANTANK does way more damage through other means, so not him, and Ice Queen doesn't stand still.) I agree that Nebula Armour might be better, but then combat changes, cause you really need to maneuver around.

I just wanna ask about some freezes that my game has, i play in normal ps4, when im playing there is sometimes that the game frezees by 1 sec and its really common to happen. Is this only me? Or is "normal"

Hard to say what this is exactly. If you could take a video that would be helpful. Could be a number of different things.

That is just not true. When I turn off the over scan on my tv it makes terraria look blurrier. So the overscan is there for a reason.

Also, before the big update the screen was not cropped. So the update caused this problem.

More importantly, NONE of my other games cut off the screen HUD. Not one. So how is that a problem of my tv and not the one game that crops the screen and only started doing it after an update?
I don't know exactly. Most games don't put vital items at the edges of the screen, so you wouldn't really notice a quarter inch getting cut off. With Terraria, it's different. Like I said, if you can tell me what TV you have, I can probably help you more.

On the first page, about halfway down ClearConscious answered the transparency question, and they are indeed working on it.

And AFAIK the edges of the game getting cut off is a setting on the console/TV that isn't related to Terraria, but for some reason this game does trigger your console/TV to crop the screen with black borders. See this link to get it fixed: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/#3

Your first two questions are new though, so if you can report them here they might get seen sooner. But make sure to search that section for those issues before you post something as they might have been reported already and you can just add your two cents to the thread then.

Hope that helped! :D
Thank dude

The Mana Sickness comes from having Mana Pots and the Mana Flower Equipped. Celestial Cuffs are OP, I suggest getting those on your mage ASAP, buy multiple Celestial Magnets when the Travelling Merchant sells them.

I don't have a Console, especially not 1.3, and it's been a while since I've played 1.3 PC, but I've found that Spectre Armour, (Hood), Celestial Cuffs, and a Razorpine, Bubble Gun, Razorblade Typhoon, or any other fast, cheap mana cost, high-damage magic weapon, used in tandem, is incredibly OP.

The Spectre Armour (Hood) heals you whenever you deal damage, (hence why you need a fast weapon, so you deal damage faster.) which seems to be relative to the enemy's HP, so Bosses heal you incredibly well. The Celestial Cuffs increase the pickup range of mana stars, which is quite useful, killing things gets you mana. It also gives you mana when damaged, so combined with a Cobalt, Obsidian, or Ankh Shield, makes it so you can take continual damage from an enemy, which gives you infinite mana, combined with infinite health from you Soectre Armour, you're good to go. Pre-1.3 I can currently take continual touch-damage from any boss and live. (Course, SANTANK does way more damage through other means, so not him, and Ice Queen doesn't stand still.) I agree that Nebula Armour might be better, but then combat changes, cause you really need to maneuver around.
Dude Nebula is way better than specter hood. You get 45% damage increase, as well as a lot of mana and health increase, better than Specter hood.

Hey this is completely off topic but I was just wondering some stuff about red the ceo of terraria he doesn't post and it says that Yoraiz0r is now the CEO ot lead developer did like something happen with him or something cause idk what's goin on with him just wondering hoping someone answers

Hey this is completely off topic but I was just wondering some stuff about red the ceo of terraria he doesn't post and it says that Yoraiz0r is now the CEO ot lead developer did like something happen with him or something cause idk what's goin on with him just wondering hoping someone answers

I think he's working on TOW right now, I'm not sure

@Loki is the map exploration reset bug being fixed in this update?

Yoyo counterweights are not working for me. Yes I'm sure I'm using them on enemies and NOT target dummies. They worked the first time I played after the update. Now nothing.

Interesting. Will ask PW if that is supposed to be the case. That kinda makes sense about the "randoms" coming in being the issue vs it supposed to be friends list... and still, Invite Only would be nice so that you could isolate to 2-3 people if you wanted.

I am only aware of the "glitched text" thing in regards to the map/minimap (which is annoying but not game-breaking).

Could be it. Instead of a "just friends join" it seems to be more like "friends of friends of friends of friends" thing. It's as if, if they're in your game you're on their join list and anyone on their friends list can pop in whenever they please. So you get people you don't know or people you know but do not ever want anywhere near your game (some of my friends have friends who are jackasses, trolls, and jerks in general) joining and screwing things up.

And that PW took from us the ability to kick unwanted randoms out is not helping the situation any

The "glitched text" could be referring to how pictures on the character select screen change to freaky weird text instead of pictures of your characters when you switch between worlds frequently.

In other news, I was fighting a nighttime Martian invasion and had a solar eclipse start when night changed to day. Was fighting Martian saucers and mothrons at the same time. That was an interesting experience. Thankfully I'd blocked off the front of the dungeon so the cultists didn't get involved, too.

Last edited:
The crash when trying to download a PS3 chracter/world from the cloud still has not been fixed. I have PS Plus, so it should work without any problems, but as soon as I try to reach my cloud saves on the PS4 version, it starts loading and then it crashes.

@Loki is the map exploration reset bug being fixed in this update?

Yoyo counterweights are not working for me. Yes I'm sure I'm using them on enemies and NOT target dummies. They worked the first time I played after the update. Now nothing.

Don't know - @ClearConscious do you know if that one is in tihs. (I cannot play MP, so tracking MP issues is harder for me).

Gonna try yoyo+counterweight later.

The "glitched text" could be referring to how pictures on the character select screen change to freaky weird text instead of pictures of your characters when you switch between worlds
Yes, it happens when you exit and re-enter the game more than once. Very game-breaking, as it causes the character to move slow, textures to not load, weapons not working, phasing between blocks, and more.

Yes, it happens when you exit and re-enter the game more than once. Very game-breaking, as it causes the character to move slow, textures to not load, weapons not working, phasing between blocks, and more.

Yeah, every time I see it I exit the game and relaunch to be on the safe side. Which is its own nuisance because of lengthy load screens. The whole thing makes shuffling resources around a pain in the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom