New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like the option to go to the old equipment and crafting UI. This transparent inventory sh*t has got to go, I cannot see what I am selecting and when I am in combat I can’t tell. Crafting is :red:ty now too I preferred being able to see all recipes for items so I know what I need to find.

Its been said many many many times already. The old UI is not coming back. Its gone, let it rest now please.

Its been said many many many times already. The old UI is not coming back. Its gone, let it rest now please.
I hope people keep bringing it up. That’s what ultimately got Mojang to enable coordinate display in Minecraft Bedrock without it being a cheat.

To put it bluntly, the devs need to know a large portion of the players do not like the current menu system. Even if we never get the good one back, maybe this will push their “tweaks” more in that direction.

I hope people keep bringing it up. That’s what ultimately got Mojang to enable coordinate display in Minecraft Bedrock without it being a cheat.

To put it bluntly, the devs need to know a large portion of the players do not like the current menu system. Even if we never get the good one back, maybe this will push their “tweaks” more in that direction.

I agree, assuming that what works on pc automatically works on console is an illusion.
I realy don't get that the devs didn't notice this when testing the new console UI.

Great job on the patch! Amazing that even though you had to essentially make Terraria from scratch completely, it only took one patch to pretty much eliminate all major bugs.
I'd hate to think what mess the console edition would be without pipeworks studio!

They know a large portion dont like it, and its been stated on here its gone, not coming back. Let it go. Its ok, you will get used to the new UI. I didnt like it at first either, but now i prefer it.

They know a large portion dont like it, and its been stated on here its gone, not coming back. Let it go. Its ok, you will get used to the new UI. I didnt like it at first either, but now i prefer it.
I know it’s gone. But that doesn’t mean in their future plans they won’t make the new one a little more like it to try and improve attitudes about it.

Or they can totally ignore us and just prove they don’t really care about their console players.

The main reason they removed the old ui is because it showed all the recipes without the need for the guide, so they took away that ability and brought it to parity with pc.

I see no reason at all why they shouldn't/won't optimize this new ui for console at some point in the future.

As it is, there are more important things to work on, and I think we can all agree that this ui at the very least works for now. If you can think of specific ways to improve the ui, then please use the dedicated threads and suggest them!

The text 'Inventory' still flashes.

Whoops, missed one. :eek:

Since the update, all of my reflective dyes lost their animations and have either turned gray or black. Are you aware of this issue?

Pretty sure this is known, would be fixed by something already in the works for next time (as my non-technical brain reads it at least)

I have been playing a bit today, and I've had an issue with my Solar Eruption becoming invisible. From testing it seems to happen for me when using Familiar clothing, specifically the Familiar Shirt. The wig and the pants don't do it, and this is without any dyes applied.

Known issue, one of the remaining "invisible" issues. Thanks for reporting that it is still around though - that lets the team know it is still an active bug. :)

The main reason they removed the old ui is because it showed all the recipes without the need for the guide, so they took away that ability and brought it to parity with pc.

I see no reason at all why they shouldn't/won't optimize this new ui for console at some point in the future.

As it is, there are more important things to work on, and I think we can all agree that this ui at the very least works for now. If you can think of specific ways to improve the ui, then please use the dedicated threads and suggest them!
Specifically, for me, I miss the “pages”. It put inventory, equipment and crafting each in its own page, with big icons and text so things felt more organized and far easier to see, track and manipulate at a glance. Now, the menu UI is a tiny, crowded mess that is a royal pain in the neck to navigate with a controller.

And quite obviously, we don’t all agree.

Specifically, for me, I miss the “pages”. It put inventory, equipment and crafting each in its own page, with big icons and text so things felt more organized and far easier to see, track and manipulate at a glance. Now, the menu UI is a tiny, crowded mess that is a royal pain in the neck to navigate with a controller.

And quite obviously, we don’t all agree.

All I meant was that it works for now while they fix crashes and release 1.3 on other versions. It might be harder to use, but at least it works (even if not very well in a lot of cases).

As for the rest, I basically agree. Everything is much too small for normal TV viewing distance, (I have a 55" and I can only read the text and see the items easily at about 3' away) and it is not generally clear what button to press to get where you're going.

I think they can and will make a ui that is at least good if not great for us console players, it just might take a while with everything else going on.

Great job on the patch! Amazing that even though you had to essentially make Terraria from scratch completely, it only took one patch to pretty much eliminate all major bugs.
I'd hate to think what mess the console edition would be without pipeworks studio!
It actually took them 3 patches not counting the initial release.

1. 5 days after PS4 launch
2. Xbox release
3. This one.

Honestly I don't see how it took that long for them to fix something that they had 2 whole friggen years to prepare for.
[doublepost=1522377627,1522377473][/doublepost]Also I personally like the new AI. It is easy to maneuver around while still being able to look at your character.

What I'm not so happy about is the new Autopause. The old autopause was just menu and map, which was great, but now the new autopause pauses inventory too, which I hate because I use a lot of items straight from the inventory.

1. 5 days after PS4 launch
2. Xbox release
3. This one.

Honestly I don't see how it took that long for them to fix something that they had 2 whole friggen years to prepare for.
[doublepost=1522377627,1522377473][/doublepost]Also I personally like the new AI. It is easy to maneuver around while still being able to look at your character.

What I'm not so happy about is the new Autopause. The old autopause was just menu and map, which was great, but now the new autopause pauses inventory too, which I hate because I use a lot of items straight from the inventory.
I play on Xbox so we only got this patch. But we also did get the "first patch" bundled with the initial release, so I see where you are coming from.
I also agree with your opinion on the new autopause, pausing the game should actually pause the game whether or not you have autopause enabled.

Thank, you, thank you, THANK YOU for making the text stop pulsing. That was seriously annoying XP

I was doing a lot of shuffling between worlds yesterday and I didn't get the glitch text on the character select screen even once, which I am very happy about.

Got to take my summoner character out for a spin... I had her loaded in my main world to get the weapons and summons I'd gathered for her and a solar eclipse started. Still no potions, but I had a deadly sphere, a sharknado, and a 7-segment stardust dragon active along with the lunar portal and rainbow crystal sentries, and I barely took any damage at all. She's a monster already.

How do you use stuff from inventory on a console?

Also - not sure if this is due to the new patch or to new equipment I've gotten (just started doing the Alien and Lunar events) - but yesterday after the patch hit - I started having some serious bugs in the Dungeon and in the Glowing Mushroom biomes.

For some reason all wall become invisible on screen - so I see the biome backgrounds instead - also all blocks an everything else in a close proximity becomes invisible too.

I still crash into stuff - I just can't see it. And since stuff is invisible I don't get the button prompts for chests, doors, etc - so can't interact with anything.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
How do you use stuff from inventory on a console?
You need to have AutoPause off. Then drag the item you want to use outside the inventory and activate it.

Also - not sure if this is due to the new patch or to new equipment I've gotten (just started doing the Alien and Lunar events) - but yesterday after the patch hit - I started having some serious bugs in the Dungeon and in the Glowing Mushroom biomes.

For some reason all wall become invisible on screen - so I see the biome backgrounds instead - also all blocks an everything else in a close proximity becomes invisible too.

I still crash into stuff - I just can't see it. And since stuff is invisible I don't get the button prompts for chests, doors, etc - so can't interact with anything.

Anyone else experiencing this?
No, I'm not experiencing anything like that. If your console's Power mode is set to Instant-on, try doing a full reboot. Sometimes things get funky when the console haven't been restarted for a long time.
If that doesn't fix the issue, try reinstalling the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom