New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Launching Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
What annoys me about the issue reporting is when it asks for all the detailed information about specific model and OS. I got my Xbox One used; I don't know what specific model it is or OS it has. I've never paid any attention. As long as it works, I honestly don't care. And the issue I want them to fix has been reported across all platforms anyway.
The version info and OS will be in console information in the settings menu.

On another note: yaaaay my character looks like a head on the map, not a random white tile!

Glad to see the updates are getting more frequent. I just wish there was an in-game option to set the safe zone. I can't see my mana bar at all and most of the button prompts are still cut off. Before you say it, no, there is no option on my TV to change this, nor does the Xbox One allow the safe zone to change any more than the default setting.

Can we get keyboard and mouse compatibility for ps4 edition please??? This would make it so much easier to use the new U.I. i dont have the money for a pc but i do have a keyboard and mouse i can use. If you could add that compatibility, that would be so amazing

There is a thread already started requestion keyboard and mouse support. I tagged @ClearConscious in it yesterday asking for support. I know you have a ps4, I have a xbox one and Xbox now supports keyboard and mouse, but it is up to the developers to fully implement it. Here's to hoping they will:kingslime:

New patch causes terraria to crash when you open a world and then try to go multi player with someone else on the same console. I open my world and then my son tries to add his player to my world. Issue started after the patch

New patch causes terraria to crash when you open a world and then try to go multi player with someone else on the same console. I open my world and then my son tries to add his player to my world. Issue started after the patch
Hmm, it seems to work for me. See if your son can play by himself in single player.

My world now also crashes the entire game back to the XBOX ONE os now. When it gets to "Settling liquids 99%" the sound grates and repeats for a few seconds before a black screen and the whole game just dies back to the XBO operating system.

My world now also crashes the entire game back to the XBOX ONE os now. When it gets to "Settling liquids 99%" the sound grates and repeats for a few seconds before a black screen and the whole game just dies back to the XBO operating system.
This has happened to me in other games on my iPad, but that's off topic.

Maybe people who have this issue should study a little on this patch and see if it changes something with liquids. If it does, settling liquids could be the issue.

Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer players would be stuck in an infinite load after the host force quit Terraria.
  • Fixed several bugs that would occur from exiting and re-entering both split-screen and online multiplayer in different ways.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to add the maximum number of split-screen players into a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories equipped or unequipped would not be reflected for either the host or other players in the session.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes freeze for the host when multiple players joined the game simultaneously.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would fail to navigate to a multiplayer session after accepting the invitation while they hosted a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a few other crashes that occurred from different actions surrounding console invitations.

Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the crafting menu to not update when the player ran out of material while in auto-pause.
  • Fixed a couple of different bugs related to sign-in changes on Xbox One.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor movement to become inconsistent when the extendo grip was equipped.

General Crash Fixes
  • Fixed several PS4 crashes that were reported via the System Crash Reporter.
    • Includes fix for Daybreak Weapon crash.
    • Includes fix for crashes that occurred while mining.
    • Includes other miscellaneous gameplay crashes.

Performance Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the frame-rate would drop drastically when the primary player would exit and rejoin a session several times.

Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the defense stats of armors would flicker when equipped.
  • Fixed several localization bugs.

Last edited:
Update: The patch is now available to download on Xbox One & PS4.

Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch will be releasing Tuesday, December 11th at 10:00AM (Pacific Time) on PS4 & Xbox One. Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the update to propagate to your console.

As we explained in our previous “State of the Game” posts, the team was focused primarily on a Unity Game Engine update. This was done to remove some tech debt that accumulated during development.

Think of it as game development housekeeping.

We were also able to address several noteworthy bugs that were reported by the community which you can check out below.

Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where multiplayer players would be stuck in an infinite load after the host force quit Terraria.
  • Fixed several bugs that would occur from exiting and re-entering both split-screen and online multiplayer in different ways.
  • Fixed a bug where players were unable to add the maximum number of split-screen players into a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a bug where accessories equipped or unequipped would not be reflected for either the host or other players in the session.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes freeze for the host when multiple players joined the game simultaneously.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would fail to navigate to a multiplayer session after accepting the invitation while they hosted a multiplayer game.
  • Fixed a few other crashes that occurred from different actions surrounding console invitations.
Functionality Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the crafting menu to not update when the player ran out of material while in auto-pause.
  • Fixed a couple of different bugs related to sign-in changes on Xbox One.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the cursor movement to become inconsistent when the extendo grip was equipped.
General Crash Fixes
  • Fixed several PS4 crashes that were reported via the System Crash Reporter.
    • Includes fix for Daybreak Weapon crash.
    • Includes fix for crashes that occurred while mining.
    • Includes other miscellaneous gameplay crashes.
Performance Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the frame-rate would drop drastically when the primary player would exit and rejoin a session several times.

Art & Text Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where the defense stats of armors would flicker when equipped.
  • Fixed several localization bugs.
I've played and still play this game a lot, I'm currently focusing more on playing on the console, I'm happy to be giving proper value to the consoles, I still hope the items in versions 1.3-1.3.5 for ps4, I recognize that the interface is the engine should be done in due time and care, but please bring this update to the consoles soon ...

have you tried power cycling your xbox?

i have a world with a lot of water and lava. after the 1.3 patch with would take 5+ mins for it to load.
after this last patch, it would load to a screen black and only couple of sprites on the screen then lock up
power cycled a few times and it finally loaded, still take forever, but i have not removed any of the fluids

I was in farming the Christmas event today. Much smoother movement, and no more snap-back when using items that extend the viewing range

Not yet. @TheCaffeineKid (above) are having the same issue as you. Maybe he has found one.
  • If you have more than one worlds, have you tried another world?
  • Have you tried generating a new world, and then play on that?
Generating new worlds and some of my other worlds work. I just want to access a specific world that won’t load. Too bad there’s no workaround. Anyways thanks for the help.
[doublepost=1545174978,1545174918][/doublepost]
is it crashing or stalling?
if not crashing, let it go for awhile, one of my problem worlds took 10-12 mins to finish loading
My world is crashing so that won’t work.

Generating new worlds and some of my other worlds work. I just want to access a specific world that won’t load. Too bad there’s no workaround. Anyways thanks for the help.
[doublepost=1545174978,1545174918][/doublepost]
My world is crashing so that won’t work.
Have you checked your save files (in-system)? My player data was corrupted so I deleted it and it worked fine. But check for corrupted files first. You'll lose you're achievements and controller preferences, but that's about it.

Agreed. I think the issue might be that they's have to go through every item in the game and assign it its; own cursor speed, which would be a lot of man-hours. I'd be happy with a "cursor speed" slider in the general options.
That's not exactly how it works but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom