New PS4 & Xbox One Patch Launching Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still disappointed that there is no ui slider. My t.v. settings don't have an option to fix it and I will be damned if I'm spending money to get a new tv just for this game

I'm still disappointed that there is no ui slider. My t.v. settings don't have an option to fix it and I will be damned if I'm spending money to get a new tv just for this game

What TV do you have - would be happy to try and sort it out for you in the meantime. :)

If I'm not mistaken both the PS4 and the XBox One have settings in their OS that will allow you to adjust the screen area or picture size. You should be able to manipulate this to get the same effect.

The Screenshot was taken from 505's Support KB.

PS4:
MyeIhiD.png

Xbox One:
Go to Settings, then Display and Sounds, then Video Output, and click on "Calibrate HDTV". Eventually you'll be lead to a screen that shows Blue and Green lines that allows you to adjust the screen area.

Hopefully this helps.

I think that is a bit of a hyperbole, the last part
OK, a 100% PLAYABLE version of the game; I get that all games have some bugs, like background NPCs in GTA walking into walls etc., but at least you can use game items and weapons. Terraria freezes whenever a few light-emitting projectiles are on screen.

If I'm not mistaken both the PS4 and the XBox One have settings in their OS that will allow you to adjust the screen area or picture size. You should be able to manipulate this to get the same effect.

The Screenshot was taken from 505's Support KB.

PS4:
MyeIhiD.png

Xbox One:
Go to Settings, then Display and Sounds, then Video Output, and click on "Calibrate HDTV". Eventually you'll be lead to a screen that shows Blue and Green lines that allows you to adjust the screen area.

Hopefully this helps.
It doesn't let me adjust the screen area on that part. It only says next

It doesn't let me adjust the screen area on that part. It only says next

Are you using XBox One or PS4?

Edit: From the looks of your information on your profile it looks like your using XBox One.

After additional research it appears that the XBox One doesn't allow you to manipulate the settings in the OS. It merely displays a graphic that you can reference while you change the settings using your TV.

This will not be that helpful to your situation.

So instead we'll need to know your model number for your TV. This can be in multiple places depending on the manufacturer. If you find the bar code on your TV it will usually be near that. If you have the manual to your TV it will also tell you there.

Once given the model number I will assist you in seeing if there's anything you can do to work around not being able to adjust the display area in game or through the XBox One itself.

Last edited:
Hey I’m new to terraria and I just downloaded it on my Xbox one. I noticed when I’m on the menu screen it says v1.0.1229.15 but from what I see online it is supposed to be 1.3. Is the console version 1.0.1229.15 really 1.3 just labeled weird or did it download wrong or what happened?

Hey I’m new to terraria and I just downloaded it on my Xbox one. I noticed when I’m on the menu screen it says v1.0.1229.15 but from what I see online it is supposed to be 1.3. Is the console version 1.0.1229.15 really 1.3 just labeled weird or did it download wrong or what happened?
The console version says 1.0.1229.15, but that's just code for console 1.3. Everything's fine.
Enjoy your adventures, new Terrarian!

When I begin to play Terraria on the Xbox One with a friend, I notice that the progress of the map don't save when you exit an online world. Is it normal or is it a bug? If it is a bug, can you fix it please? It would be very nice! :)

Can't you set games to friends only or invite only?

We used to be able to, but with 1.3 that changed. It was intended to be so that only people on your friends list could join you, but what it ended up being is that anyone on your friends list can join, anyone on their friends list can join, and friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends, and so on onto infinity. We've been complaining about it for just about a year now and so far no fix.

Are you using XBox One or PS4?

Edit: From the looks of your information on your profile it looks like your using XBox One.

After additional research it appears that the XBox One doesn't allow you to manipulate the settings in the OS. It merely displays a graphic that you can reference while you change the settings using your TV.

This will not be that helpful to your situation.

So instead we'll need to know your model number for your TV. This can be in multiple places depending on the manufacturer. If you find the bar code on your TV it will usually be near that. If you have the manual to your TV it will also tell you there.

Once given the model number I will assist you in seeing if there's anything you can do to work around not being able to adjust the display area in game or through the XBox One itself.
Model number is TLX-04240B polaroid

Model number is TLX-04240B polaroid

Here's how you can adjust the display area on your TV. You can use the some aspect ratio pre-sets or adjust the H and V position so that the top of the UI is included. Guides are from ManualsLib.com

eGc7I2r.png

F8KGhsJ.png

Here's how you can adjust the display area on your TV. You can use the some aspect ratio pre-sets or adjust the H and V position so that the top of the UI is included. Guides are from ManualsLib.com

eGc7I2r.png

F8KGhsJ.png

eGc7I2r.png

F8KGhsJ.png
There is no h or v setting

For some reason your model of TV doesn't allow the the H or V position to change if the signal source is anything but standard VGA. Which seems like a design flaw in my opinion... regardless, unfortunately if manipulating the aspect ratio doesn't allow you to see the full extent of your UI then you may be out of luck with your TV.

I'm sure Pipeworks understands the importance of being able to adjust the display area in game in the case of the Xbox platform. It's just a shame it wasn't included in this particular patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom