Weapons & Equip New Sand elemental drops

Owen Healy

Terrarian
The sand elemental is a hardmode mini boss that spawns during sandstorm, and is supposed to be the desert counter part of the ice golem. It is a very easy to kill, even in early hardmode, due
to its lack of mobility and slow attacks. The one thing that annoys me is that the sand elemental only has one drop, the forbidden fragment which is used to
craft forbidden armor, the desert counter part of frost armor. Everything the ice golem has the sand elemental has, except one thing: A weapon

The ice golem has the frost staff and the sand elemental has nothing, so I was thinking they could add a sandstorm blade or something along those lines so the desert has more elemental weapons besides the mandible blade.

The desert has two weapons the mandible blade and the spirit flame.
The snow biome has five the amarok, Ice blade, frost staff, frost brand, and the ice boomerang.

The desert has two weapons the mandible blade and the spirit flame.
The snow biome has five the amarok, Ice blade, frost staff, frost brand, and the ice boomerang.
Tundra Weapons:
  • Boreal Wood Sword
  • Ice Blade
  • Ice Sickle
  • Frostbrand
  • Amarok
  • Ice Boomerang
  • Boreal Wood Bow
  • Ice Bow
  • Snowball Cannon
  • Flower of Frost
  • Frost Staff
  • Staff of the Frost Hydra
  • Snowball
  • Frost Daggerfish
  • Snowball Launcher
Desert Weapons:
  • Cactus Sword
  • Mandible Blade
  • Onyx Blaster
  • Sky Fracture
  • Spirit Flame
  • Bone Javelin
  • Bone Throwing Knife
  • Sandgun
  • Dao of Pow
While I do agree that the Tundra has many more weapons, I don’t think adding a weapon to the Sand Elemental would really help. The main issue is with chest weapons and the Ice Mimic, two things the Desert is lacking. Without them, the matchup goes from 15v9 to only 8v9, actually making the Desert have more weapons that the Tundra.

Back
Top Bottom