Weapons & Equip New set bonus for Bee Armour

What set bonus do you think would be the best?

• Bees that fight for you spawn when you attack an enemy.

• A friendly bee/hornet that doesn't use a minion slot will attack nearby enemies.

• Hives rotate around you and burst into bees upon getting hit.

• A permanent swarm of bees protects you from enemies.

• Bee related gear is boosted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Idk how I feel about this. I'd need to start a new playthrough to really feel how Obsidian and Bee armors compare. Glancing at the current stats and points in progression, maybe what really needs to happen is Obsidian Armor needs to be taken down a notch in terms of progression. To do this, replace the requirement of Shadow Scales with Demonite Bars and Tissue Samples with Crimtane Bars. This would move it from post-EoW/BoC to post-EoC.
That actually would make Obsidian available pre-boss (you can find Demonite/Crimtane underground and mine it with a Gold/Platinum Pickaxe or better, and Obsidian can be mined by explosives and is easy to create) which would be way too unbalanced.

Does anyone know how I can add a new poll to this thread or that impossible?
Edit: Never mind I figured it out.

Last edited:
You got it backwards - Obsidian Armor is the much more powerful one and we’re trying to make Bee Armor worthwhile compared to it, not the other way around. Making Obsidian come earlier only makes this worse, as it’s just even easier to get Obsidian before Bee even comes into play.
That actually would make Obsidian available pre-boss (you can find Demonite/Crimtane underground and mine it with a Gold/Platinum Pickaxe or better, and Obsidian can be mined by explosives and is easy to create) which would be way too unbalanced.

Heh, I completely failed to explain my thought process behind what I said. I was thinking that if they knocked the Obsidian set down a notch in terms of materials required they could also bring the stats waaay down, so it's actually a rung on the ladder between the Flinx Fur Coat and Bee armor, instead of trying to be a side-grade as they originally intended.

On a side note, I really don't care for the whole whip mechanic. It makes Summoner feel like Melee with extra steps and half the armor – especially now that whips benefit from flasks.

The first one is just my first idea
If you switch the second one whip for minions, it's Dreadnatulius's original idea (spectral armor for summoners)

Sorry if it seemed like I was stealing ideas or something – wasn't my intention.

Heh, I completely failed to explain my thought process behind what I said. I was thinking that if they knocked the Obsidian set down a notch in terms of materials required they could also bring the stats waaay down, so it's actually a rung on the ladder between the Flinx Fur Coat and Bee armor, instead of trying to be a side-grade as they originally intended.
I think that instead of Demonite/Crimtane Bars as a replacement for the Shadow Scales/Tissue Samples, there should be Corrupt/Crimson Seeds (it’s a weird idea, I know) because they’re the only thing that can’t be obtained before EoC but are available immediately after before any other bosses. The only two ways to get them is from EoC itself and from the Dryad (which is technically post-any boss except for King Slime, but the other bosses are harder than EoC).

Back
Top Bottom