Weapons & Equip New set bonus for Bee Armour

What set bonus do you think would be the best?

• Bees that fight for you spawn when you attack an enemy.

• A friendly bee/hornet that doesn't use a minion slot will attack nearby enemies.

• Hives rotate around you and burst into bees upon getting hit.

• A permanent swarm of bees protects you from enemies.

• Bee related gear is boosted.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s not all that minor tbh. A theoretical minion that hit for 100 damage a second, because that’s easier to work with than Sanguine, would hit 700 Hallowed and 800 DPS for Tiki. Then you add the damage multipliers, which would put Hallowed at 819 DPS and Tiki at 1,040 DPS. Eyeballing it, that’s about a 20-25% difference.

And of course, again I don’t think Hallowed is *better*. Hallowed simply has the second best defensive bonus, only beaten by the insane damage reduction of endgame melee gear. However, the 25% DPS difference between Hallowed and Tiki is equally huge. I think they’re purposed for different things - Hallowed is for pure survivability and Tiki for damage output. It’s two different niches that depend heavily on your playstyle.
Again don't forget that damage gap will close a bit if you're also using a non summon weapon.

Here's a rough estimae sanguine staff at base is about 32dps, megashark is musket balls it about 285dps. With tiki that's 333dps from bats and 285dps from megashark for a total of 618dps With hallowed that's 262dps from the bats, and 325dps from the megashark for a total of 587dps. Tiki has like a a 5% dps advantage here.

Now obviously tiki is going to look a lot better when using whips but the durandel and mourning star aren't exactly what would be considered top tier weapons. This is why I think a whip range buff for tiki would be good since it would help to pronounce its niche against hallowed better,

That would be cool,, it would add to Tiki’s offensive property and help make it an actual upgrade to Hallowed rather than a sidegrade, being post-Plantera and all.

Not related to Tiki, but I’ve also seen an alternate helmet or chestpiece for Spooky suggested as well, which would also be neat because then summoners would have more options in pre-moon lord like every other class does.
Like maybe a Spooky Headgear that could be focused on whips or something?

Again don't forget that damage gap will close a bit if you're also using a non summon weapon.

Here's a rough estimae sanguine staff at base is about 32dps, megashark is musket balls it about 285dps. With tiki that's 333dps from bats and 285dps from megashark for a total of 618dps With hallowed that's 262dps from the bats, and 325dps from the megashark for a total of 587dps. Tiki has like a a 5% dps advantage here.

Now obviously tiki is going to look a lot better when using whips but the durandel and mourning star aren't exactly what would be considered top tier weapons. This is why I think a whip range buff for tiki would be good since it would help to pronounce its niche against hallowed better,

Morning Star is actually a pretty good weapon after all the buffs. Its the only whip thats range buff was super noticeable, almost twice what it used to be. Also it hits with insane (300+!! with damage multipliers), and has a good tag bonus (minion crits is pretty significant on stronger foes). It’s better than Dark Harvest on bosses, and its almost perfect piercing and surprising knockback make it wonderful for crowds for the gap until Dark Harvest.

Morning Star is actually a pretty good weapon after all the buffs. Its the only whip thats range buff was super noticeable, almost twice what it used to be, and with hits with insane (300+!! with damage multipliers), damage, a good tag effect and good piercing, it’s good for the phase of the game you’d actually want to use it - dungeon, pumpkin moon, and Golem.
But the Dark Harvest is more for Duke Fishron and Empress, right?

Morning Star is actually a pretty good weapon after all the buffs. Its the only whip thats range buff was super noticeable, almost twice what it used to be, and with hits with insane (300+!! with damage multipliers), damage, a good tag effect and good piercing, it’s good for the phase of the game you’d actually want to use it - dungeon, pumpkin moon, and Golem.
I mean it's not bad per say but there are alterntives that do its job better, like the palladin's hammer and sniper rifle.

Nope. Dark Harvest is purely for crowds - the tag bonus does nothing to the enemy you initially hit. Granted its crowd bonus is insane, but Morningstar is better for Duke and Empress.
dark harvest is basicly a pallidin's hammer with an amazing tag effect slapped on. It's tag effect is only good for hoards though.
I haven't tried it out yet, I was just making an assumption. So is it good for Frost Moon and Martian Madness?

But those are not summon weapons.
All that means is that the morning star is going to get a bit more out of the summon damage boosts, but considering that it has worse dps the the mentioned weapons it's only going to close the gap. Once you get a bunch of pumpkin moon summon gear it may outperform those two, but then it has to compete with the pumpkin moon weapons which are better than dungeon weapons.

Also, any ideas for the obsidian armor set bonus other than stats? I have an idea of every piece of armor providing 3% minion damage, 14% whip range and 12% whip speed, the hat providing 20% whip knockback and 8 armor pentration, longcoat providing +1 minion slot, and pants provides 15% movement speed. I want this armor to be purely boosts whip, and not minions (so I nerfed minion damage but boosted whip speed). I want a unique set bonus that will make whips viable and fun.

I'll be responding after around 10 hours.

I compared the current Obsidian armour and your suggestion for it and you left out whip damage. The current set boosts all summon damage by 31%. I doubt that 8 armour penetration and 20% increased knockback is a good substitute, but I guess in Pre-Hardmode enemies don't have much defense, so the penetration may be powerful.

Also, any ideas for the obsidian armor set bonus other than stats? I have an idea of every piece of armor providing 3% minion damage, 14% whip range and 12% whip speed, the hat providing 20% whip knockback and 8 armor pentration, longcoat providing +1 minion slot, and pants provides 15% movement speed. I want this armor to be purely boosts whip, and not minions (so I nerfed minion damage but boosted whip speed). I want a unique set bonus that will make whips viable and fun.

I'll be responding after around 10 hours.
Armor penetration is a very strong stat in pre hardmode. Just that 8 armor penetration alone is going to provide more offense for minions than all of bee's summon damage.

Armor penetration is a very strong stat in pre hardmode. Just that 8 armor penetration alone is going to provide more offense for minions than all of bee's summon damage.
But in Eternity mode there is a accessory that gives 10 armor pen, so I thought it won't be much
well guess I'm wrong

I don’t think Obsidian or Bee need super fancy set bonuses. Pre-Hardmode armors are usually just stats anyway, including in the set bonus. Obsidian is fine as it is as well.

Spider and especially Tiki and Spooky should do something cool as a set bonus however, being Hardmode armors surrounded by neat set bonuses and effects.

I don’t think Obsidian or Bee need super fancy set bonuses. Pre-Hardmode armors are usually just stats anyway, including in the set bonus. Obsidian is fine as it is as well.

Spider and especially Tiki and Spooky should do something cool as a set bonus however, being Hardmode armors surrounded by neat set bonuses and effects.
But what about Molten and Crimson? For Spider the set bonus could be that spiders can fly to enemies.

Back
Top Bottom