Game Mechanics New shortcut keys: "Teleport", and "Teleport Home"

Which shortcut key(s) would you like to get added?

• I want both of them to be added

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I want the "Teleport" shortcut key to be added

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I want the "Teleport Home" shortcut key to be added

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don't want them to be added, I'm fine with searching through my inventory

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don't really care if they get added or not...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SrAstral

Skeletron Prime
Terraria has a lot of shortcut keys like Quick Heal, Quick Mana, Quick Buff, Grapple, etc. But I think there could be two more....

The two shortcut keys I want to add are "Teleport" and "Teleport Home" (previously mentioned before in the title).
Here's an explanation on how these shortcut keys will work:

The "Teleport" key will allow the player to teleport to the cursor's location via Rod of Discord. I find this really helpful during a battle because trying to scroll around your inventory and find the Rod of Discord can be a bit dangerous, especially if autopause is on.
And here is the procedure on how it will be used (If it does get added):

• First, move your cursor to location you want to teleport
  • And then press the button you assigned for the "Teleport" key
  • And now your teleported!
Please note that even if you do use the teleport key, the Rod of Discord will still inflict the "Chaos State" debuff, so be careful

The "Teleport Home" key will allow the player to teleport to their spawnpoint via Recall Potions, Magic/Ice Mirror, or Cellphone. I don't think there's a reason for how this would be useful during any situation though, to be honest, I think the "Teleport" key would be more useful than the "Teleport Home" key.
And here is the procedure to how it will be used (If it does get added):

• Press the button you assigned for the "Teleport Home" key
  • And now your teleported!
Note: The "Teleport Home" key would use the item closest to the first slot in your hotbar. For example: Even if you have a Magic Mirror, but your Recall Potion is more closer to the first slot, the "Home" key will use your Recall Potion rather than the Magic Mirror.

Pretty new to terraria forums so i hope this works :D anyway, there is a mod for it. Not just the key buy a mod. It's forgowiltas, or Fargo's mod I believe. The hotkey still doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure if it's Terraria's last update that they will go through a lot of forums for ideas, so let's just hope!

I would love a recall button but a teleport button would be too powerful. The whole point of the rod is that you have to temporarily be defenseless while you switch to it. If they made it inflict cursed for a few seconds when you use the hotkey, it would be better but still messy... yeah, I think they should definitely add a recall hotkey!

The teleport hotkey would be useful (and I really don't think it's overpowered - Chaos State covers that aspect), but I really wouldn't want teleporting home to be a hotkey. Too easy to press it by accident because you were typing without the chat window up or your hand-keyboard map was slightly off. Accidentally teleporting home is one of the most annoying things in this game, and I wouldn't want to make it easier.

The teleport hotkey would be useful (and I really don't think it's overpowered - Chaos State covers that aspect), but I really wouldn't want teleporting home to be a hotkey. Too easy to press it by accident because you were typing without the chat window up or your hand-keyboard map was slightly off. Accidentally teleporting home is one of the most annoying things in this game, and I wouldn't want to make it easier.
So... being defenseless while you switch to the actual teleporting item isn't part of said item's balance? Also I usually assign my recall button to somewhere out of the way (like square bracket) during modded playthroughs and I have never hit it on accident, which I usually hit things on accident incredibly often.

i really like your idea, and i hope that the developers will add it.
but wouldn't it be also great if they make a keybind for chat?

Back
Top Bottom