Weapons & Equip New Shroomite Stuff!

The difference is that his threads tend to be elaborated differently; when his threads have had vague terms usually the weapon itself has a special, unique attribute described, which is the focus. Here, the focus is/was pure dps without any unique effects, and especially for something with as high speed as the machine gun, one use time could make it 20% faster.
Ok, i see what youre talking about. I have since updated the OP and made the use times more specific. Anyway, what do you think of the updated weapons? They are no longer cradted from other weapons and have extremely nerfed DPH.

Ok, i see what youre talking about. I have since updated the OP and made the use times more specific. Anyway, what do you think of the updated weapons? They are no longer cradted from other weapons and have extremely nerfed DPH.
Much better! I like the rocket launcher, that's an interesting sidegrade/upgrade. The machine gun, though, I'd recommend nerfing the damage significantly still; the Chain Gun, nearly universally regarded as the best gun in the game, is one of the last weapons a player should get. It has a use time of 4, and the shroomite machine gun's is 5. That might potentially be okay if the damage weren't 30; the chain gun itself only does 31, and having the reduced spread would make it nearly as good as the chain gun despite being significantly lower-tier. I do like the shroomite repeater a lot; that's a unique idea, and balanced. I'm not quite sure about homing, I think that could be replaced with something else (unfortunately I can't think of anything at the moment), but otherwise I like it a lot! So the only thing that still needs huge change is the Shroomite Machine Gun, I think. Looks good now though :)

I'm still a bit iffy with the Repeater damage. It'll be hard to use against anything that has high defence and I don't think homing ability compromises that.

Looks better now. Might want to work on the machine gun sprite though. Blue chaingun recolor :/

I’m offering to resprite it for you if you want.

@Baconfry Basically what bad_news mentioned.

Looks better now. Might want to work on the machine gun sprite though. Blue chaingun recolor :/

I’m offering to resprite it for you if you want.

@Baconfry Basically what bad_news mentioned.
Im a horrible spriter, so my only hope is recoloring :p. If you would make a sprite for me that would be great, i will credit you for it. Also i will work on the machine gun stats.

Just updated OP with new stats on machine gun. Slightly slower with less damage, added 50% ammo consumption bonus.

hmm not bad, only real issue is the recolor aspect but the overall concept is interesting
(It seems people have helped improve your idea for the better based on the comments)

I feel all the specialized materials could use more items as right now only ectoplasm is necessary (as otherwise they only exist to give you the post Plantera class armor)

hmm not bad, only real issue is the recolor aspect but the overall concept is interesting
(It seems people have helped improve your idea for the better based on the comments)

I feel all the specialized materials could use more items as right now only ectoplasm is necessary (as otherwise they only exist to give you the post Plantera class armor)
I was considering continuing this with turtle shells / beetle husks, to give them more value as well. Is that a good idea?

Here ya go, decided to re-sprite the other two as well.

Shroomite machine gun.png

Code:
[IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/shroomite-machine-gun-png.7118/[/IMG]
Shroomite rocket launcher.png

Code:
[IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/shroomite-rocket-launcher-png.7120/[/IMG]
Shroomite repeater.png

Code:
[IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/shroomite-repeater-png.7119/[/IMG]

Shroomite is often thought of as an upgrade to chlorophyte, because of its better tool, armor, and the Hoverboard. However, there are no shroomite weapons (unless you count the Claw). I always thought this was rather strange. Why make an upgraded variant of Chlorophyte if it doesn't have weapons?
... no it's not

I don't like the idea.. I think these weapons would fit more as something that's not shroomite.
You tend to have well-fleshed-out ideas, and they're developed enough that a general range suffices.
I was going to say "wow rude" but it seems that you guys are done with this so whatever

... no it's not

I don't like the idea.. I think these weapons would fit more as something that's not shroomite.
Now that I think about it, there are no weapons crafted from the three end game materials, only wings, tools, and their corresponding armor :/
(except ectoplasm whish is needed for the endgame summoning items)

Now that I think about it, there are no weapons crafted from the three end game materials, only wings, tools, and their corresponding armor :/
(except ectoplasm whish is needed for the endgame summoning items)
Thats exactly why i started this thread. Im going to continue with turtle shells and beetle husks later as well.

Back
Top Bottom