NPCs & Enemies New slime boss/mini boss

Just a simple thought. But I kind of thought it would be cool to be able to summon a pinky slime boss similar to the slime king. Maybe the called the Slime Queen or Royal Pinky haven't given it much thought because I don't know how popular it would be. Could have exclusive drops like pink slime armour or expert mode drop that makes mobs bounce off you when they inflict melee damage - similar to how they are knocked back from cythulu shield but it does not apply damage - would be an ok item for any ranged character I guess (obviously wouldn't work on bosses though). You would need the pink gel to craft the summon instead of regular gel. This boss would have much more health then the King Slime and maybe could have a drop that gives a little nod to the regular pinky dropping a large amount of money for a pre-hardmode enemy. This is all I have come up with at the moment.

It doesn't seem like it's much harder though. A few bits of rope is just as effective, and yet this supplies a ridiculous upgrade loot wise

We dont really need another slime boss. Its not very unique, and a shield that somewhat knocks back enemies that touch you isn't really very useful, ESPECIALLY as an expert mode drop.

Reactions: Bry
I just got a fun idea on how to implement that: whenever King Slime would spawn, there's a chance the better stronger Queen Slime will spawn in his place instead, just like Pinky does with normal slimes, because King Slime will randomly keep spawning outdoors at the proper zone and is already bound to keep appearing whenever Slime Rain triggers, whether or not you care about him anymore, so this builds onto old mechanics for a bit more fun meaning instead of maybe just making a separate new boss that gets done once and forgotten

-Can't happen if King Slime hasn't been beaten yet, doesn't happen with the boss summon item (so it has to come by surprise at the forest or event, and, if you WANTED King Slime with the item then there's no chance of it going wrong)
-Stronger boss than King Slime, higher stats and different moves/strategy (and definitely not cheatable like King Slime), maybe could be a bretty tuff pre-hardmode miniboss or something stronger locked to only happen after hardmode
-Just a pink-colored version of King Slime, with a different crown design, and no ninja inside
-Maybe its size will constantly scale to its remaining HP so it gets smaller with smaller hitboxes as its HP lowers, and hurting it will split off new new pink slimes that will hop like normal slimes but every so often may pause to try to do one aimed shot at you (or, better, a charged aimed superjump at your direction because pink slime means bouncy). By the end it has no crown and visually it's just a Pinky, as if every Pinky is just a member of the slime community and there can be one alpha that eventually grows into being the de-facto Queen Slime in the terraria wilderness

It might have some "normal" loot but it would also have a couple just fun things that don't care where in the progression you are
-I'm not sure if I dig the bouncy accessory, but her expert item could be a pink royal gem that directly crafts with King Slime's so that it gets another effect on it
-Her crown as a vanity item for you, exactly as much pink gel as 1 Pinky, boss trophy (crown with pink splooge on the plaque, resembling King Slime's trophy, posed to obviously pair together if put to the right of King Slime's), same Solidifier as King Slime
-A pink slime mount that controls different to the blue one in some way (on the floor can hold jump to Mario2 charge jump farther than the blue one can, loses ability to auto re-jump on landing if holding the jump button, can still goomba stomp)
-Drops those little bouncy balls for playing, as a throwing weapon. Infinite use, melee damage, needs to hold button to charge force, maybe lowered speed while charging. Each bounces around with a little light trail behind, lasts for X seconds before fading or if too much momentum is lost. I imagine mostly for messing with other people like the slime gun and photobombing other people doing the golf minigame

It doesn't seem like it's much harder though. A few bits of rope is just as effective, and yet this supplies a ridiculous upgrade loot wise
It seems like a downgrade to me. Another Expert item you have to take damage to activate? Seems terrible, especially because there isn't any real reward for it. And we don't know how good the "pinky armor" is, but it probably is equally as awful.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom