Portfolio/Multi-Topic New special seeds for 10th anniversary

Marcato

Retinazer
Since Not the bees! is essentially a buffet world, I hope to see other bizarre buffet style worlds which I have ideas for here along with a few others:

Oops! all ocean: Makes the entire world an ocean/underground ocean with little islands and oases scattered throughout, if stone doesn't generate, put it in chests rather than use the Merchant, since the underworld is essentially a lava ocean, make houses less frequent, but have uniform scattering. Sky islands have an ocean theme. Lihzahrd temple is painted blue. Starting NPC is the Angler

Natural Selection: The only biomes are corruption/crimson and underground corruption/crimson and underworld. Lihzahrd temple is painted purple or red, sky islands generate like in for the worthy, but generate in clusters around the dungeon entrance which is elevated to the sky layer and may or may not touch the ground. Tavernkeep is the starter NPC. NPC hate towards evil biomes is disabled, but prices are still higher.

Sandstorm!(suggest other possible names): Desert is the only biome other than underworld, rain frequency is increased. Pyramids are guaranteed and spawn at higher rates. Crimson/Corruption has desert generation. Underground is only underground desert, but stone can be found in oasis crates. Sky islands are oasis themed. Lizhard temple is painted a lighter orange. Arms dealer is the starting npc.

Ice Age: Similar to Sandstorm!, but snow themed except for the underworld. Boreal crates drop stone, sky islands have snow theme, underground is purely frozen underground, dungeon entrance is sealed in a glacier and the dungeon is painted grey. Igloos spawn on sky islands with a guaranteed sky mill. Oceans spawn with layers of ice over them and the ground is snow and ice blocks, though water chest loot is preserved. Pyramid spawns are replaced with larger igloo structures. Surface cave frequency increased. Mechanic is the starter npc.

Sugar Rush!: World is completely hallowed(corruption/crimson still spawns, but sealed off until hardmode), stone drops from wooden(or hallowed) crates. Dryad is the starter npc. Sky islands are hallowed forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted pink/white

05162021: Modified drunk world gen, pre hardmode hallow generates on the surface and has a "crater" like footprint until the "v" shape spawns in hardmode. Sky islands have a chance to spawn "bouncy castles" on them which are made of slime blocks and contain slime themed loot along with the non-cloud ground being made of slime. Igloos have a change of generating likened as a parity of the pyramid concept. The dungeon generates in the sky with islands clustered around it (a reverse of being buried under a "dead" living tree). Lizhard temple is painted a random color. Some biomes have a chance to mimic the generation patterns from older versions, especially sky islands. Music option is still unlocked through the party girl, but defaults to the original soundtrack of Terraria.

Greenland/glade(please suggest a better name): Forest themed world with normal corruption/crimson and underworld, sky islands are forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted green. Starter NPC is the golfer. Living trees are more frequent. Golfer is the starting NPC.

These are my ideas for special world seeds, please suggest how I can revise and make this better, especially on some seed names.

Last edited:
Since Not the bees! is essentially a buffet world, I hope to see other bizarre buffet style worlds which I have ideas for here along with a few others:

Oops! all ocean: Makes the entire world an ocean/underground ocean with little islands and oases scattered throughout, if stone doesn't generate, put it in chests rather than use the Merchant, since the underworld is essentially a lava ocean, make houses less frequent, but have uniform scattering. Sky islands have an ocean theme. Lihzahrd temple is painted blue. Starting NPC is the Angler

Natural Selection: The only biomes are corruption/crimson and underground corruption/crimson and underworld. Lihzahrd temple is painted purple or red, sky islands generate like in for the worthy, but generate in clusters around the dungeon entrance which is elevated to the sky layer and may or may not touch the ground. Tavernkeep is the starter NPC. NPC hate towards evil biomes is disabled, but prices are still higher.

Sandstorm!(suggest other possible names): Desert is the only biome other than underworld, rain frequency is increased. Pyramids are guaranteed and spawn at higher rates. Crimson/Corruption has desert generation. Underground is only underground desert, but stone can be found in oasis crates. Sky islands are oasis themed. Lizhard temple is painted a lighter orange. Arms dealer is the starting npc.

Ice Age: Similar to Sandstorm!, but snow themed except for the underworld. Boreal crates drop stone, sky islands have snow theme, underground is purely frozen underground, dungeon entrance is sealed in a glacier and the dungeon is painted grey. Igloos spawn on sky islands with a guaranteed sky mill. Oceans spawn with layers of ice over them and the ground is snow and ice blocks, though water chest loot is preserved. Pyramid spawns are replaced with larger igloo structures. Surface cave frequency increased. Mechanic is the starter npc.

Sugar Rush!: World is completely hallowed(corruption/crimson still spawns, but sealed off until hardmode), stone drops from wooden(or hallowed) crates. Dryad is the starter npc. Sky islands are hallowed forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted pink/white

05162021: Modified drunk world gen, pre hardmode hallow generates on the surface and has a "crater" like footprint until the "v" shape spawns in hardmode. Sky islands have a chance to spawn "bouncy castles" on them which are made of slime blocks and contain slime themed loot along with the non-cloud ground being made of slime. Igloos have a change of generating likened as a parity of the pyramid concept. The dungeon generates in the sky with islands clustered around it (a reverse of being buried under a "dead" living tree). Lizhard temple is painted a random color. Some biomes have a chance to mimic the generation patterns from older versions, especially sky islands. Music option is still unlocked through the party girl, but defaults to the original soundtrack of Terraria.

Greenland(please suggest a better name): Forest themed world with normal corruption/crimson and underworld, sky islands are forest themed. Lizhard temple is painted green. Starter NPC is the golfer. Living trees are more frequent. Golfer is the starting NPC.

These are my ideas for special world seeds, please suggest how I can revise and make this better, especially on some seed names.
Support, this would be awesome! I especially like the Oops all ocean one, and I'm pretty sure these would be useful for adventure maps too.

Yes. Please.
I want a reason to unironically use aquatic gear outside of a challenge playthrough so bad.
Sky islands have a chance to spawn "bouncy castles" on them which are made of slime blocks and contain slime themed loot along with the non-cloud ground being made of slime
why not use Silly Balloon Block instead? They’re practically made for this and even let you bounce unlike slime blocks. (Unless you meant to say pink slime block)

Yes. Please.
I want a reason to unironically use aquatic gear outside of a challenge playthrough so bad.

why not use Silly Balloon Block instead? They’re practically made for this and even let you bounce unlike slime blocks. (Unless you meant to say pink slime block)
Yeah, the biome slice will be made of slime blocks and the castle made of pink slime blocks for epic bounciness.

Had they hinted they were going to add a new seed prior to the release of CelebrationMK10?

Well if they do add future special seeds on future anniversaries As others said I really like the "Opps all ocean" seed idea.

My main concern relates to my concerns regarding progression in light of how Not the bees! was implemented

My thoughts as to how these problems could be avoided is based on how the ocean can overlap with other biomes meaning we can avoid these pitfalls and keep the theme as well by having a few large islands with stuff other than just normal ocean each with its own beaches. Several of these would be optional(i.e. not guaranteed to spawn) islands variants. Others critical to progression or getting certain NPC's would be guaranteed to exist but be randomized in their position.

Forest Islands(common) would be a more "normal" forest island more typical of standard world gen ranging from a few patches of grass and trees surrounded by beaches to rarer larger islands. More exotic variants featuring rarer forest scenery i.e. log piles giant trees and where applicable sword shrines etc. becoming more likely to have exotic stuff the further out the player. Living Tree islands would feature one or more living trees preferably with a hollow shrine .

Other more exotic island ideas including evil islands(the evils would always spawn but may or may not spawn on an island potentially being under water) perhaps even rarely the alt evil (drunk ocean variant anyone?) and or could Hallow could appear as could a glowing mushroom surface island(naturally extremely dangerous).

Importantly I'd have one island corresponding to the locations of the Jungle, Desert, and Snow/Ice which could be randomized since all those areas can be found on islands IRL too. Each obviously with their corresponding underground areas and a small beach on either side. In the case of the normal underground Snow/Ice and Jungle everything below the ocean waterline depth would be completely flooded with their respective liquids (beehives with honey) water everywhere else above lava depth with only the underground desert remaining dry. The dungeon could co occupy existing islands spawn on the seafloor or spawn with its own island Maybe even getting a graveyard themed island?

lava Depth would probably occur lower down than usual and would naturally be separated from the water layer by obsidian when the fluids come into contact. In the Jungle however all the lava would be replaced with honey meaning the boundary region would be honey blocks instead with crispy honey blocks dividing the Jungle off from the rest of the lava depth caves where applicable. The Underworld could have islands with concentrated ruined houses to compensate for the rest of the underworld being a sea of lava. ( I ideally would hope there would be a suitable island to use the demon conch as its a pain that drunk worlds can't use it but it would be fine if it was just a chance).

And lastly even if all the other minibiomes are removed let spider caves spawn somewhere I hate how the Stylist is unobtainable because they removed spider caves I don't care if there is just a single spider cave in the world that needs to be unflooded to spawn anything I want all my NPC's \>\_\>
---------------------------------------------------------------
A few minor thoughts for other buffet seed concepts

Natural Selection is interesting but one thought to add is with regards to the hard mode V stripe is what if it uses the alternate evil? That could be a fun tweak that still includes hardmode changes Hallow would then have to be created artificially. :p

Name wise For the golf themed seed call it the great greens

For Ice Age if the Jungle doesn't spawn naturally then the Dryad should sell Jungle Seeds or at least allow underground mushrooms to spawn

Honestly thinking of the graveyard a graveyard themed seed could be interesting say as part of a Halloween seed? It could even be linked to the Dungeon which naturally is the most creepy biome. While at it why the hell not make it a boss rush world of sorts?
The world could be locked in Halloween with the surface featuring randomized tombstones sprinkled around such as to ensure every part of the surface and underground counts as a graveyard, each with typical terraria humor messages using funny names. Traps would be far more common with all gold chests not found within the dungeon or a pyramid being Deadman's chests

Also 50%/75%/100% of nights (depending on difficulty) with exception for new moons would naturally be a blood moon and solar eclipses would be far more common once unlocked.
Marble Caves, Spider caves Mushroom biomes and Bee hives would be much, much, more common and larger than normal. Underground houses would use spooky wood and furniture rather than normal wood(biome underground houses would be unaffected)

Traps would be everywhere with the use of Lizahrd traps in the dungeon as a hidden nasty surprise as well as the use of boulder statues and other nasty things

The Dungeon would be much larger than normal mostly extending through the majority of the lower caverns and extending down to or even into the underworld using a variation of all dungeon colors wall types dungeon variants painted with deep paint to thematically match. All of the underworld could even be in a single large "chamber" consisting of a continuous hell house with many linked chambers horizontally leaving a large cavern for the WOF fight below that would be contiguously walled off without any gaps so you can't make houses down there initially. Though the normal lava ash and hell stone would still spawn within the bottom of the large chamber/arena for the Wall of flesh. and Hell stone bars could be found in large amounts. Geyser traps would be present and extremely common. Echo blocks could also be used as hidden barriers/platforms especially if seeds can effect pickaxe mining strength requirements or something

Also the Jungle Temple would always only be accessible through the Dungeon as far away as the Dungeon entrance as possible forcing the player to fight through the Gauntlet of the newly unlocked hardmode dungeon. The entrance would be at the bottom and the altar at the top in a chamber rigged with far more traps than usual.

Boss Rush! A challenge seed starting in Hardmode and scaled to face buffed post Plantera FTW difficulty Bosses Nothing says oh crap like drastic buffs to all the bosses. The world would technically start in Hardmode to facilitate this but

Last absurd seed idea Drunken Madness For the Worthy Insane Basically Drunk world plus FTW but also everything would start in hardmode though you still would have to kill the WOF to progress

I think Drunken Madness won't work because I believe that that Terraria just checks if you defeated Wall of Flesh instead of checking if you are in hardmode

I think Drunken Madness won't work because I believe that that Terraria just checks if you defeated Wall of Flesh instead of checking if you are in hardmode
Yes normally but FTW already drastically messes with enemy stats and behavior and CelebrationMK10 shows new and or different enemies can be spawned so it shouldn't be hard to make a world where the scaling starts as "hard mode" even though it technically isn't. This was what I had meant effectively think of it as a world where from the start everything has stats as if it was hard mode sort of serving as the absurd difficulty mode intended for those who have already beaten the game on its higher difficulties. Basically it just combines 3 different special seed effects together to put the player to their limits. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :)

Back
Top Bottom