Game Mechanics New spelunker lighting

Do you guys think the lighting should be changed?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SrAstral

Skeletron Prime
I've been a Spelunker Potion fanatic for months now, but I think its light needs a bit of a change...

When a player uses a Spelunker Potion or has a "Spelunking" buff, all ores, gems, and chests glow yellow. Although its glow can help you find treasure easily, can also confuse us with treasure, especially to ores. I think it should just make treasure glow bright instead so we won't get confused on which ore is which.

Anyways, that was my suggestion! It's a bit small but I think it will help us greatly.

Yes, it should be changed. Maybe just white?
Oh and sub-suggestion: How about this potion also tells you with text what kind of treasure is shown?

I'm surprised I've never had this issue. Somehow my eyes have adapted to learning what each ore is by their visual appearance, rather than their color. Sure, it can definitely get confusing, (Boy does it ever.) but even Cobalt and Mythril have an odd bluish/greenish hue to the yellow, and the Palladium ore has a definitively different shape than the copper ore despite being the same color.

Otherwise, sure, I'd be curious to see what a brightly glowing ore would look like.

Back
Top Bottom