1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

New Summoner Staffs & Armor

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by LeeTwentyThree™, Jun 11, 2018.

?

What do you think?

1. I love the slime armor & slime staffs!

16.7%
  2. I love the unicorn armor & unicorn staff!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I love the bone armor & bone staff!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I like all of it!

83.3%
  5. I don't like it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It's the worst idea I've ever heard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Too Overpowered!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Too Underpowered!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I don't understand this post!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LeeTwentyThree™

LeeTwentyThree™ Official Terrarian

It's really hard to be a summoner, especially in early pre-hardmode. Most early summoner weapons do very low damage.

I haven't made any sprites yet, they will be coming soon. I would like help with the slime armor, because I have no idea what it would look like.

Tell me if any of this is unbalanced.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Huzbubber Tim likes this.
  2. Electroman102

Electroman102 Eye of Cthulhu

It’s a good idea, but slime staff shouldn’t have a crafting recipe.

3. LeeTwentyThree™

LeeTwentyThree™ Official Terrarian

But it also shouldn't be like a 0.01% drop chance...

4. Electroman102

That’s what farming slimes is for.

And slime statue.

5. sharkman0101

sharkman0101 Skeletron

But if you are doing a new Summoner only playthrough, that drop chance doesn't cut it. It is extremely unreasonable why the drop chance is so low, it just makes life hell for new summoners, especially on Expert. Farming isn't really an option, the drop chance is still extremely low and quite frankly, makes no sense.

A slime statue won't cut it. You could farm for hours and hours, and still have no luck. A drop shouldn't be that low, a statue should NOT be the solution to an early game problem for one of the four major classes of the game. That would be like saying there is only one kind of magic weapon,which is only a 1/50000 chance to drop from Demon Eyes. Keep in mind that finding a Slime Staff is several times more rare than finding a shiny Pokemon naturally in one of the games, and I'm sure many people know how rare that is.

This drop rate is exponentially absurd and the statues don't solve the problem(you would also need the luck of finding the damn statue). A crafting recipe would be a perfect solution for early game summoners, so why not?

Baconfry likes this.
  6. Electroman102

Why don’t you add a crafting recipe to the slime statue

7. sharkman0101

sharkman0101 Skeletron

That would only fix part of the issue. Farming shouldn't be the solution, a crafting recipe for the weapon itself would do fine on its own.

Like I said, the drop rate is extremely absurd and it is unlikely you would get it, even with farming. A recipe won't hurt anyone, it would actually benefit the people who start out on the class. Why should the class have to struggle when it starts out? I certainly wouldn't want to farm for a 1/10000 drop chance just to get the only weapon available for a class at the beginning, so why should it be mandatory for that drop rate to even be that low?

8. Atlaz

Atlaz Terrarian

More summoner armors would be great. Terraria has like 5 or 6 of them so more of them wouldnt hurt.