GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
The new torch feature(Biome torch swap on) of v1.4.0.5 in the left upper corner of your inventory works for:
desert, snow, jungle, corruption, crimson, underworld(demon torch), hallow(i dont know).

It doesnt work for:

1. ocean (coral torch) - only normal torch placed.
2. Anywhere except for Snow biome, Desert, Jungle, Corruption, Crimson and Hallow(bone torch after wiki) - for instance cavern(biomeless) only normal torch placed.

In case of 1. and 2. only a normal torch is placed. So the question is, is that a bug or intentional(you still need to get/make bone/coral torches) ?
Do bone/coral torches still work correctly ?

Last edited:
Bone torches can also be bought from skeleton merchant. That's the regular way to get them.

If you are getting coral torches through biome torch swap in sky lakes I'll bring it up to the developers.

Bone torches can also be bought from skeleton merchant. That's the regular way to get them.

If you are getting coral torches through biome torch swap in sky lakes I'll bring it up to the developers.

yes, coral torches in sky lake and no coral torches in ocean.

Well i assumed the torch swap works for all places. Players get bone torches in dungeon, so bone torches should be placed in cavern too instead of normal torches.

Well i assumed the torch swap works for all places. Players get bone torches in dungeon, so bone torches should be placed in cavern too instead of normal torches.
As for coral torches in the ocean, Leinfors mentioned it was intended:

I'm being told that Coral Torches were excluded, presumably because the biome itself has limited interaction from the torches and their underwater functionality.

But I don't know for sure.

I am unable to place Coral Torches in Sky Lakes through the Biome Torch Swap feature. I've verified that I am in a lake that is classified at the "Space" Depth from the Depth Meter.

To double check, you have no Coral Torches in your inventory when you try to place a regular torch in a sky lake? You just have regular torches in your inventory? If you have a Coral Torch in your inventory already, autoselect will automatically bring the Coral Torch to be placed in the water.

I am unable to place Coral Torches in Sky Lakes through the Biome Torch Swap feature. I've verified that I am in a lake that is classified at the "Space" Depth from the Depth Meter.

To double check, you have no Coral Torches in your inventory when you try to place a regular torch in a sky lake? You just have regular torches in your inventory? If you have a Coral Torch in your inventory already, autoselect will automatically bring the Coral Torch to be placed in the water.

yes, seems like that happened, so i removed that part from main posting.

I had normal torches on key 0 and coral torches lower right corner, so i thought the normal selecting rule from top left to bottom right applies ;(

Back
Top Bottom