NPCs & Enemies New Town NPC: The Bard

Because it's not just general advice to help you progress through the games stages, it's hints at where to find rare treasures that players might be completely oblivious to if they don't spoiler Terraria for themselves. They serve different purposes.
No.... I'm pretty sure that's the guide's job. He points you into the direction of different biomes, tells you about the different NPCs and how to find them, talks about mana crystals, and other things. The advice from the Bard could easily fall under what the guide could tell you, and I think that the guide should have more lines like this for the same mentioned reasons why the bard should have them instead. The guide's job is to point new players in the right direction and how to get items and where to go next. I just feel like this a guide that you have to pay for.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea though, I actually really like his renaming thing and think it would be good enough for a new NPC by itself.

I wonder if this would be a difficult job, considering names may not be stored well for every time. Then again, items are all stored locally, so I guess with the right updates the game could handle custom Titles, Weapon Names, or even Prefixes.

I wonder if this would be a difficult job, considering names may not be stored well for every time. Then again, items are all stored locally, so I guess with the right updates the game could handle custom Titles, Weapon Names, or even Prefixes.
The way I see it; if the game can accurately track modifiers, then this should be no different. It's just more information to carry around.

Not sure if said before but renaming accessories would be awsome too! Overall love this idea since it brings more uniqueness and character customization.

Only thing ive got, this would allow you to double reforge..... epic but not realistic I could get my terra blade to do upwards of 210 dmg

Not sure if said before but renaming accessories would be awsome too! Overall love this idea since it brings more uniqueness and character customization.
There are very few accessory modifiers with a very limited set of effects, so that would just be giving them an extra large amount of unjustified bonuses. Plus, doubling up an accessory's modifiers would be lenient towards "OP" just because you could get a Shackle that provides 9 defense for a mere handful of Gold.

If the "double reforge" element was left out, then I don't see why not. :)

Only thing ive got, this would allow you to double reforge..... epic but not realistic I could get my terra blade to do upwards of 210 dmg
Probably, and it would only cost an upwards of 210 Platinum! :p

It does seem a little OP, getting a Terra Blade with legendary, renaming it to Taz's Blade then getting a legendary modifier again. Other then that support.

You Spoony Bard!

...Edward should totally be a name the bard can get.

Anyway I really like this idea! I am definitely in support of expanded customization!
On a side note, will the Bard be able to rename armor too?
It would be fun to have custom armor as well.

Just one thing:

"The Legendary The Horseman's Blade wielded by Zero."

Still, I find this incredibly appealing. I would totally rename my Terra Blade "Z-Saber."

Someone just made a suggestion concerning the same topic, I'll just go support that one, much more simpler.

Someone just made a suggestion concerning the same topic, I'll just go support that one, much more simpler.
I am very glad that you realized the utmost necessity and importance of posting that here. :rolleyes:

//sarcasm

If you're going to post something like that, at least give me a link to the suggestion in question.

I'm going to also be on the side that says being able to stack reforges is not a good idea. Renaming a weapon shouldn't effect the reforge. A Razorpine with Mythical renamed to Thousand Needles should make it Mythical Thousand Needles. Stacking reforges not only makes every single weapon imbalanced because it can reach higher damage output then what the devs intended, thus requiring them to rebalance every weapon; it also means every Legendary, Unreal, and Mythical reforge has to be acquired twice to get the best damage output. There's no need to make people blow through even more money.

Megaman Zero.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

Nice Zero impression, Strawman.

You should add 'Kvothe' to the names list. He is the main character to the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom