NPCs & Enemies New Town NPC: The Bard

Update:
Self Defense: Since, as of 1.3, NPCs have a means of protecting themselves and assisting in battles, I though I should update this thread with consideration to the new feature. Upon confrontation with an enemy, the Bard will whip out his trusty lute and play a deadly chord, sending three musical note projectiles in a spread towards the attacker. These can penetrate twice and bounce once, but inflict relatively low knockback.

I can imagine lots of personalised weapon being on sale by players now. Heh. Would be nice if we can get a lute ourselves as a weapon of some sort though

Could he rename accessories?
There are very few accessory modifiers with a very limited set of effects, so that would just be giving them an extra large amount of unjustified bonuses. Plus, doubling up an accessory's modifiers would be lenient towards "OP" just because you could get a Shackle that provides 9 defense for a mere handful of Gold.

If the "double reforge" element was left out, then I don't see why not. :)

Example:
Some Guy walks up to the Bard and renames his Godly Excalibur. He pays (approximately) 97
Gold_Coin.png
Silver_Coin.png
and calls it the "Maxcalibur" which now looks like this:

Excalibur.png

Maxcalibur
54 Damage
9% Critical strike chance
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback
*The Godly Excalibur wielded by Some Guy.

He still isn't satisfied, so he goes to the Goblin Tinkerer and reforges it a couple of times. He is finally satisfied when he gets a Murderous Maxcalibur:

Excalibur.png

Murderous Maxcalibur
58 Damage
12% Critical strike chance
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback
+7% Damage
+4% Speed
+3% Critical strike chance

So, does that mean you could keep naming and reforging it?

"Then Some Guy STILL isn't satisfied and goes up to the Bard and renames his Murderous Maxcalibur to 'Universe Blade' (I don't know :p )"

Excalibur.png

Universe Blade
58 Damage
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback

"Some Guy STILL isn't satisfied. He reforges his Universe Blade and now has a Demonic Universe Blade."

Excalibur.png

Demonic Universe Blade
67 Damage
17% Critical strike chance
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback
+15% Damage
+5% Critical strike chance

Would it keep going up and up? Because wouldn't that become extremely overpowered? What if somebody did it with a Meowmere?

Sure it would cost a lot... but still. :happy:

So, does that mean you could keep naming and reforging it?

"Then Some Guy STILL isn't satisfied and goes up to the Bard and renames his Murderous Maxcalibur to 'Universe Blade' (I don't know :p )"

Excalibur.png

Universe Blade
58 Damage
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback

"Some Guy STILL isn't satisfied. He reforges his Universe Blade and now has a Demonic Universe Blade."

Excalibur.png

Demonic Universe Blade
67 Damage
17% Critical strike chance
Fast Speed
Strong Knockback
+15% Damage
+5% Critical strike chance

Would it keep going up and up? Because wouldn't that become extremely overpowered? What if somebody did it with a Meowmere?

Sure it would cost a lot... but still. :happy:
That's True. You could get something that could literally kill almost anything in one hit.

May I ask why renaming items needs it's own NPC, or why it needs to be gated past Plantera? Well, I suppose that the double reforge thing should be gated past Plantera, but I would ask why the double reforge is even a thing in this suggestion. I think that item renaming should be gated at EoW/BoC tier, and that the weapon mod should display behind the custom name in parentheses. Example: Name.Weapon.Custom(Ruthless).

Some dude was killed by Joe's Massive (Modifier) Tiny Poo (Name)
[doublepost=1512777917,1512777771][/doublepost]I have a rod of discord
I will buy it for 100 platinum
Ok
Gets Rod of Discord, the broken copper shortsword weilded by troll:red2:

Back
Top Bottom