New track for 1.3.6!

Yo, is this what you guys meant when you said you'd be adding Winnie the Pooh vibes to the soundtrack? Because when I listen to this, it just seems to be a rather blustery day!

Seriously, the nostalgia trip is pretty real. Looking forward to more tracks like this in the next update!

Oh my goodness, those vines flow so luxuriously! :D That's incredible! Thank you so much for showing it all off! Really made my day.

So those vines... when they flow like that during a spot of wind, is their actual "true position" the same in terms of cutting them down to make vine ropes, or is their graphical position where the vines actually are?

In other words, my mind is like "Nah, this is purely a visual change and the vines are still stationary on a grid as always." But surely I'm wrong? :p

There's a lot to uncover here...
1) New tree design, looks a bit different from the previous existing ones.
2) Wind! More weather dynamics are in store.
3) Flower vines, adding more flair to the world.
4) Previously seen, but leaf particles throughout the world.
5) A new soundtrack. This one's in 3/4 time, which I haven't seen in the game soundtrack very often, if ever.
Overall looking forward to this update, and props to Scott for making such a great soundtrack for this "event"!

Two things: number 1 is this the Winnie the Pooh track and number 2 I like this but it is definitely not my favorite track.

If you guys are super excited about this update, then does that mean it will come soon? I cannot wait for this update, been dying to get back into Terraria!

As for the spoiler, this theme is very different from what we've had in the past for Terraria. Very up-beat, like other themes in the game, but also heavily based on chip-tune. It definitely has a whimsical feel to it, like Winnie the Pooh! I like it! And the new wind mechanics and new vine graphics look great as always. It's cool to see that wind is now more significant than it was in previous updates. I can't imagine that this track would be for strong wind, as that is already quite common in Terraria, but I'd love to be proven wrong! More fleshed out weather events always seem cool! Can't wait for this update!

The Youtube channel had a comment about the bunnies acting like lemmings. Of course, I had to reply. Can we get a minigame on saving moving bunnies? (Wishful thinking). "SAVE 50% OF 36!"

I wonder how the wind will fair with lag in mind. How laggy would this be?
I'm sure it's all just a visual thing; it wouldn't change gameplay in any way. The game wouldn't need to send any network data to other clients/a server in order to sync a tree's windy motions.
If you're talking about framerate loss (which isn't lag, but some people call it that anyway), I'm sure this effect can be disabled in the options menu. :)

Some things to notice:
The vines have flowers on em (idk if that's new or not)
the bottom left has a constant bunny flow. Look, another bunny spawns at the same time every few seconds.
Also, how would this work? would this music replace the Day Track?

Some things to notice:
The vines have flowers on em (idk if that's new or not)
the bottom left has a constant bunny flow. Look, another bunny spawns at the same time every few seconds.
Also, how would this work? would this music replace the Day Track?
If you look in the comments section of the video on YouTube, a person asks a question. The question in mind is whether or not wind will now be considered an event like rain or sandstorm with unique music, creatures, items, etc. Re-Logic replied, and said they are considering it. So this track wouldn't replace the day track, but perhaps play during a new weather event, just like how rain and sandstorms do currently.

I really like it.
It sounds very peaceful and it stands out from all the other tracks in the game.

Back
Top Bottom