NPCs & Enemies New Twins Sprites

Should the twins receive new sprites?

• Absolutely! They would be well needed!

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I think that they look fine as it is.

Votes: 23 25.6%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Ok, I'm just going to get straight to the point on this thread. Retinazer and Spazmatism both need new sprites. The pupil on them looks pretty bad.

So here are the original sprites and my improvements.

Retinazer.png
Retinazer.png

Okay, so the most obvious change is that I completely changed the iris and pupil to fit the theme more. The original has a completely bleh look to it, and it doesn't even fit the laser color. I also added a reddish tint.

Spazmatism.png
Spazmatism.png

Spazmatism was changed to have a greenish hue, and iris and pupil colors that look more like cursed flames and less like baby food.

And since its such a popular, well written, extremely dedicated thread, here is a respite of sclerepugnant from @FireChaos's suggestion!

Sclerepugnant.png
Sclerepugnant.png

Just gonna say it, but do not get me wrong here. While I love his suggestion and know he was just following the original twins iris design, I wanted to take a shot at it too. Anyways, yellow is a very hard color to work with and I gotta say, this didn't come out as well as it could have been done better.

Anyways, I hope you support this suggestion, as I stayed up late on a school night to work on it! :D

It does seem rather redundant, you know, coloring the pupil of the eye.
Most people won't even see or notice that.
Regardless, looks great, and looks a lot better than all of the originals mentioned.
You've got my support on this.

having them be one color looks really boring. Eyes can have more than one color in them which makes them look far more interesting.

you people are always worried about things being "fitting" or "making sense." why not "it looks cool, so just roll with it." I for one love the purple in the irises of the original sprites. seeing that torn away from your touch ups takes a lot away from the overall look of the sprite.

The contrast of colors on retinazor looks really bad, while spazmatism only really looks okay.

also if you're gonna touch up the sprites, you might as well touch up the entire sprites, not just one detail. the irises you resprited look really out of place with the old shading of the rest of the boss.

overall I like the idea of the mechs getting a visual makeover, but I see these sprites as a step in the wrong direction.

Reactions: Bry
having them be one color looks really boring. Eyes can have more than one color in them which makes them look far more interesting.

you people are always worried about things being "fitting" or "making sense." why not "it looks cool, so just roll with it." I for one love the purple in the irises of the original sprites. seeing that torn away from your touch ups takes a lot away from the overall look of the sprite.

The contrast of colors on retinazor looks really bad, while spazmatism only really looks okay.

also if you're gonna touch up the sprites, you might as well touch up the entire sprites, not just one detail. the irises you resprited look really out of place with the old shading of the rest of the boss.

overall I like the idea of the mechs getting a visual makeover, but I see these sprites as a step in the wrong direction.
Perhaps changing the vein color would improve it?

Sorry, dude, but I don't support :(
The Twins is a MECHANICAL boss!!! Where's their steel body and screws?
Also, the flamethrower-like cursed flame and super fast dashes attacks look better with Spasmatism mouth.
Uh... Dude, have you ever actually fought the Twins? Or know anything about them at all?

They start out looking like giant eyeballs, and switch to mechanical in their second phase.

Back
Top Bottom