Portfolio/Multi-Topic New Underworld Boss Idea!

Should this be in terraria?

• Yes!

• Yes, but it needs more work

• No, but it could be a mod

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Imagine a boss, a hard mode underworld boss meant to be defeated after golem similar to duke fishron. To summon him, you need to put 10 hellstone bars and one new item called the hell soul (which is a 1.5 percent drop from any enemy in the underworld after golem has been defeated) while standing at a demon alter to create the enraged demonic spirit summoning item. This summoning item only works in hell and will summon the new boss: Hell's Champion (name change may be needed). He has 3 phases and I'm not sure how much damage each attack will do but I want him to be as powerful as duke fishron or stronger. You also get the horrified debuff upon summoning him that stays until he is defeated.

Phase 1: HP - 50,000/60,000 in expert
Defense - 30
Attacks - 1. A charge attack going from one side of the player's screen space to the other rapidly about 2 or 3 times
2. A purple projectile that looks like a spear and will shoot in bursts of 3 that will lock on the player for a small amount of time
3. Like the other bosses, if you walk into him, you take damage and you will be inflicted with on fire debuff as well

Phase 2: HP - when he gets to 40,000/50,000 in expert
Defense - 30
Attacks - 1. The same charge attack as before
2. The same projectile attack as before but fires in bursts of 4 instead
3. Same as attack 3 of phase 1
4. Summons 3 of a new enemy, lava imps, that are much harder than fire imps to kill. They throw fire balls 30 percent bigger than fire imps. They also teleport more often and have 800 hp each with 30 defense.

Phase 3: HP - when he gets to 25,000/30,000 in expert
Defense - 80 because he creates a translucent purple shield around him and upon entering phase 3, will cause 2 debuffs (which I am unsure what they will be) to the player
Attacks - 1. The same charge attack as before but he charges about 4 or 5 times now and is slightly quicker
2. Instead of the purple spear projectile attack, it is now a much more powerful attack that fires a flame like beam that causes the cursed inferno debuff except the flames are orange instead of green and lasts 5 seconds.
3. Walking into him also causes this modified cursed inferno debuff
4. Still summons the same minions but only 2 and after summoning will charge 2 or 3 times
5. Giant fire balls that are 50 percent larger than lava imp fire balls and do more damage. He will summon about 5 and they will travel kinda like the yellow devil's pieces do in mega man.
Expert Mode Only Phase 3 Attack - He will summon 6 lava imps when almost dead to fight for him, you can't attack him until all imps are dead.

Drops - Hell's Champion Trophy 10%
Hell's Champion Mask 14.29%
Modified Cursed Inferno Grenades 10-30 100% A Grenade that explodes into modified cursed flames
Champion's Minion Staff 33.3% Summons Lava Imp to fight for you, only 2 can be summoned at once no mater what because they are so good
Death Inferno 33.3% Spell book that does 80 magic damage and inflicts modified cursed inferno debuff. It fires like the death sythe.
Hell's Soul In a Bottle 33.3% a spell that when used, summons a smaller, translucent purple version of Hell's Champion for a brief amount of time that charges at enemies for a few seconds doing 50 damage to any enemy in path
Lava Pet 5% summons a baby lava imp pet
Expert Mode Exclusive Drop, The Lava Medallion ( Hell's Champion is seen wearing this) 100% provides 5 defense and immunity to any fire or lava related debuff

Boss Design: He would be really big but not too big, have a human like demon body that is red and he would wear some armor and a Lava Medallion.

So, what does the Terraria Community think of this idea? Also, if a developer sees this, please say if you like the idea and if you might want to put it in game. Any modders out there who want to add this idea to a mod, ask my permission first please and thanks to all who made it this far and read this whole thing

Last edited:
Is the charge attack like that of queen bee? As for my notes on this section, the caster ai projectiles are destroyed on contact with a weapon, so a TB could make the attacks redundant. Speaking of melee, you should add a drop for them and ranger. The suggestion sounds pretty cool though.
*Drops Mike*

Is the charge attack like that of queen bee? As for my notes on this section, the caster ai projectiles are destroyed on contact with a weapon, so a TB could make the attacks redundant. Speaking of melee, you should add a drop for them and ranger. The suggestion sounds pretty cool though.
*Drops Mike*
I would imagine the charge attack pretty fast like the expert queen bee at low health. These lava imp projectiles could have a 60 percent chance to not be able to be destroyed by a weapon. As of the drops for melee and ranger, not sure lol

What i think could be cool is if it was like an opposite ML. A hell version. Look like him and could have the WoF eyes and mouth with his body being made out of the same stuff as the WoF

Back
Top Bottom