New Water Physics, Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: superceded by newer version
Lock date: 11:56 19-10-2016
  1. Hobobrine25

Hobobrine25 Plantera

Quoted. I Hope so, considering my mac can barely handle terraria without FANCEE graphics.

Edit: We're almost halfway to 1.4, or as Minecraft puts it, 1.3.10

2. Lunatic Lobbyist

Lunatic Lobbyist The Destroyer

Uh... not to sound elitist but if running this game is already causing you problems (without mods), you must have a really out-dated rig. The needed processing power to run Terraria on my low/mid-range PC doesn't even make a dent into my resources, and still runs smooth as butter with other games (those that are resource-hogs) running simultaneously in the background.

Feel free to make Terraria as graphically-intensive (or packed with content) as you like. ;)

3. Dark_Reaper115

Dark_Reaper115 Terrarian

I just NEED to know:
    1) if a "heavy" or "big" enough object fall, will it splash more/higher?
    2) Could we flood nearby areas with the splash/water wave if it is more than 1 block tall?
    3) You better make HUGE splash when throwing explosives into shallow wate. MAKE IT RAIN !!!!!

4. Levion

Levion Terrarian

I cant wait for both the water physics, and the secrete! with the heat waves in hell and desert, the game just gets better and better looking! whats next? a graphic that makes it so when you jump, land, or walk on clouds it floats slightly around?

5. GreenV

GreenV Terrarian

They never make that. 1.3 the last big update for game.

6. The1024GB

The1024GB Terrarian

Water seems "jelly". Just look at the water waves caused by Star Wraith projectiles. `:indifferent:

ppowersteef likes this.
  7. TailedVechi

TailedVechi Plantera

Looks great. I'm glad that you guys keep on working on things you see as needing improvement.

8. Terraria Informer

Terraria Informer Terrarian

CAN YOU ADD SHADING EFFECTS PLEASE???? I wan't to see light on the ground and on the walls, it feels bland without any light features.

Lunatic Lobbyist likes this.
  9. LuminaryEm

LuminaryEm Steampunker

OWO intresting

10. inzetegames

inzetegames Spazmatism

water is now even more realistic! i love it!

11. Hax4Ever

Hax4Ever Terrarian

Will the water be affected by the wind and the moon? Also is this gonna lag the game more or is it well-optimized.

12. ALmaZss

ALmaZss Plantera

This new water is OWESUM

13. FrozenFire

FrozenFire Plantera

Will flowing water have actual realistic water physics or will it still be the old physics with a neat effect added?

14. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

As this is more visual effects, its possible it will add more strain on an outdated or overwhelmed computer. However, I've had no issues with it. Additionally, the feature can be toggled on or off if it turns out your computer can't handle it. It even has various options levels of performance, so you can use higher or lower settings with the effect based on what your computer can handle.

This is only a visual effect.

Tamorr and Daikonradish like this.
  15. zenmai

zenmai Terrarian

This is great!
    But I want the switching of the ON / OFF

16. ALmaZss

ALmaZss Plantera

I guess there is already this function

17. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

According to Skiphs, there are several levels you can toggle the new water physics effects to. Depending on your preference and what your Computer can handle.

18. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

I wonder that, besides the water been able to switch on/off. if the same thing can also happen to sandstorms and blizzards.
    Not that it's really bad for processors, but it might hinder some players when building in the snow biome.

19. Terraria Informer

Terraria Informer Terrarian

Please add shaders to Terraria!

20. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

...there is already shading in the first version of Terraria?
    Please explain properly what you mean.

Therefore, a suggestion shouldn't be posted on this thread, the suggestion is there for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.