New Water Physics, Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, this won't be something I will be using in-game. I have to use the old lighting stuffs to not be forced into a max 30 FPS already, meaning I can't use the new water anyway.

It's good, how you improved quality of life in the game.

But why 1.3.4 super-hyper-mega secret update? It's very big or what?
No one ever said it was a big update. It is a "secret" update, though.
[doublepost=1476272361,1476272337][/doublepost]
That's quite interesting, but isn't that going to be quite intensive for the system?
It was said that you could turn it off in the settings.

To be honest, the only reason I was really curious about the water having a setting of it's own is because I was hoping it was finally separated from the lighting options.

interesting ripples on the surface. Will this affect making air pockets? Just curious, even though it is an effect. :dryadsmile:

I'm still hoping for Halloween or Christmas update, especially the Christmas one. The current Christmas event doesn't give much, the mobs don't drop anything other than snow. Of course you can get a few accessories here and there, but it's missing something, like a mini boss or something, like the pirate invasion for example, the pirate ship was such a good addition to it, I'd love to see the Christmas event getting some love as well.

Yup.

As of right now we have:
Off - Water as it is right now.
Low - You just get the passive water distortion, and things don't actually interact with it.
Medium - Players and most NPCs create ripples as they pass through water. (Along with other things like the drops of water from the ceiling)
High - Projectiles also create ripples and ripples can bounce off walls.
How costly is this 'process' actually? I'm a curious rabbit

Which one is the gif?
High, of course.
As of right now we have:
Off - Water as it is right now.
Low - You just get the passive water distortion, and things don't actually interact with it.
Medium - Players and most NPCs create ripples as they pass through water. (Along with other things like the drops of water from the ceiling)
High - Projectiles also create ripples and ripples can bounce off walls.
It shows projectiles making ripples so it must be high. (Plus why would they choose anything else to show off?)

I'm wondering if there'll be worldgen changes. If so, I might have to delay my Halloween season playthrough so I can experience the new ocean/jungle/sky/hallow etc. deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom