New Water Physics, Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that @Skiphs was telling us it would be something that you could toggle on/off (or various levels) the other day....but don't quote me on that. Would have to defer to him there.

Some of the effects are really, really cool - triggered some nice ideas at least in my head.

I love the little polish that gets added along the road and beside the more direct "content" additions. :)

Quoted. I Hope so, considering my mac can barely handle terraria without FANCEE graphics.

Edit: We're almost halfway to 1.4, or as Minecraft puts it, 1.3.10

Uh... not to sound elitist but if running this game is already causing you problems (without mods), you must have a really out-dated rig. The needed processing power to run Terraria on my low/mid-range PC doesn't even make a dent into my resources, and still runs smooth as butter with other games (those that are resource-hogs) running simultaneously in the background.

Feel free to make Terraria as graphically-intensive (or packed with content) as you like. ;)

I just NEED to know:
1) if a "heavy" or "big" enough object fall, will it splash more/higher?
2) Could we flood nearby areas with the splash/water wave if it is more than 1 block tall?
3) You better make HUGE splash when throwing explosives into shallow wate. MAKE IT RAIN !!!!!

I cant wait for both the water physics, and the secrete! with the heat waves in hell and desert, the game just gets better and better looking! whats next? a graphic that makes it so when you jump, land, or walk on clouds it floats slightly around?

Will the water be affected by the wind and the moon? Also is this gonna lag the game more or is it well-optimized.

Will flowing water have actual realistic water physics or will it still be the old physics with a neat effect added?

Will the water be affected by the wind and the moon? Also is this gonna lag the game more or is it well-optimized.

As this is more visual effects, its possible it will add more strain on an outdated or overwhelmed computer. However, I've had no issues with it. Additionally, the feature can be toggled on or off if it turns out your computer can't handle it. It even has various options levels of performance, so you can use higher or lower settings with the effect based on what your computer can handle.

Will flowing water have actual realistic water physics or will it still be the old physics with a neat effect added?

This is only a visual effect.

This is great!
But I want the switching of the ON / OFF

According to Skiphs, there are several levels you can toggle the new water physics effects to. Depending on your preference and what your Computer can handle.

Yup.

As of right now we have:
Off - Water as it is right now.
Low - You just get the passive water distortion, and things don't actually interact with it.
Medium - Players and most NPCs create ripples as they pass through water. (Along with other things like the drops of water from the ceiling)
High - Projectiles also create ripples and ripples can bounce off walls.

I wonder that, besides the water been able to switch on/off. if the same thing can also happen to sandstorms and blizzards.
Not that it's really bad for processors, but it might hinder some players when building in the snow biome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom