Items New ways of Summoning

The name of the class is summoner and it summons a wall of flames.

Summons are all animate. A wall of flames or a cloud are not.

Edit: It's tooltip using the word summon doesn't mean it should be a summoning weapon. It could just as easily say create.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438135499,1438135292][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's pretty cool, though I wouldn't see something like this, a bit unnecessary to say the least, being used by me. Whether I'm a summoner or not. I guess my support is granted, there isn't that much I see that's wrong with this suggestion.

You couldn't see yourself using the monstrous summons?

Edit: It's tooltip using the word summon doesn't mean it should be a summoning weapon. It could just as easily say create.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438135499,1438135292][/DOUBLEPOST]

You couldn't see yourself using the monstrous summons?
Another thing: Summons give you a buff that says they are deployed too, other than turrets, witch are summons because who knows why.
Magnet Sphere-Summons a magnet sphere to attack enemies. So should this be a summoner weapon too?
The sphere is a projectile, not a summon.

Magnet Sphere-Summons a magnet sphere to attack enemies. So should this be a summoner weapon too?
don't forget bat staff(and wasp gun ect, they all fit thematically at least as much as the cloud and fire so they should migrate over)

ooh, and spore sack makes the mistake of using the word "summon" so thats gotta count too

Another thing: Summons give you a buff that says they are deployed too, other than turrets, witch are summons because who knows why.

The sphere is a projectile, not a summon.
Sorry for that. They still need to balance the drops of the Large Mimics so that summoners (and throwers) have a weapon in it.

Just please create a real summon with hit-points that can be killed and will draw aggros like the Stardust and lose a bit of HP over time...

Summoners badly need a main weapon becaues as a "summoner" you have some boring-:red: AI coded sprites flying around ramming into enemies, while you personally just use another weapon type

Stardust Guardian was a good step, 1.2 or whatever with the stationary "turrets" was also good, but i would like to see the logic of the Guardian taken back into previous tiers with a weapon that requires active use, clicking to move the minion around while it does it's thing and tanks enemies for you, then is defeated or times out and has to be re-summoned. I believe this could use a new resource (such as Anima, Enchanted Clay, whatever) and have a cool-down, a short one to prevent reckless use or maybe a long one to encourage bringing multiple different summons (like other classes would bring, ex. Terrarian + Solar Eruption for different stiuations)

MAYBE (kind of asking for a lot), new mechanics, such as clicking ON the Summon to give it a minor heal, or clicking ON an enemy to launch special attacks

I envision getting a Mini-GOlem drop from GOlem, and it walks slowly along the ground and fires a laser, then transforms into the flying head when it dies

Or I mean why not just give the Summoners some ordinary weapons but classed as "summoning damage" ?? Considering that at some points in the game there's no practical difference between some available weapon types...

Just please create a real summon with hit-points that can be killed and will draw aggros like the Stardust and lose a bit of HP over time...

as a "summoner" you have some boring-:red: AI coded sprites flying around ramming into enemies, while you personally just use another weapon type

Maybe new mechanics

yeah, summon is too passive. cast once and never think about it again. boring.

Last edited:
How about straight up healing minions?
How would that work?

Summoners badly need a main weapon becauese as a "summoner" you have some boring-:red: AI coded sprites flying around ramming into enemies, while you personally just use another weapon type
And that's exactly what I think should change, that "summon and destroy with something else", It should be possible for one to play summoner only, like it is possible with every other class.

Stardust Guardian was a good step, 1.2 or whatever with the stationary "turrets" was also good, but i would like to see the logic of the Guardian taken back into previous tiers with a weapon that requires active use, clicking to move the minion around while it does it's thing and tanks enemies for you, then is defeated or times out and has to be re-summoned. I believe this could use a new resource (such as Anima, Enchanted Clay, whatever) and have a cool-down, a short one to prevent reckless use or maybe a long one to encourage bringing multiple different summons (like other classes would bring, ex. Terrarian + Solar Eruption for different stiuations)
As someone who watched a lot of Shaman King, I loved the guardian and it would be amazing to have more of them in different tiers.

MAYBE (kind of asking for a lot), new mechanics, such as clicking ON the Summon to give it a minor heal, or clicking ON an enemy to launch special attacks

I envision getting a Mini-GOlem drop from GOlem, and it walks slowly along the ground and fires a laser, then transforms into the flying head when it dies
Yes. Those mechanics you said could work as I mentioned to Pseudoname in this thread, with a second staff, you could use it and the minion would use its special attack.
Now this Mini-Golem, would it be a stationary? I can't quite picture it.

Or I mean why not just give the Summoners some ordinary weapons but classed as "summoning damage" ?? Considering that at some points in the game there's no practical difference between some available weapon types...
Would not like that, it would the ultimate that summoner is never to be a real, complete class.

Mini-golem would move slowly to the directed point by your click.. or maybe jump there like the boss? And then automatically fire lasers or fireballs or whatever at nearby enemies. Then the head is released whne it dies,a nd it could either be a directed flyer or a normal summon like the laser eye

How would that work?

And that's exactly what I think should change, that "summon and destroy with something else", It should be possible for one to play summoner only, like it is possible with every other class.

As someone who watched a lot of Shaman King, I loved the guardian and it would be amazing to have more of them in different tiers.

Yes. Those mechanics you said could work as I mentioned to Pseudoname in this thread, with a second staff, you could use it and the minion would use its special attack.
Now this Mini-Golem, would it be a stationary? I can't quite picture it.

Would not like that, it would the ultimate that summoner is never to be a real, complete class.
Emits an aura of a HoT buff.

Mini-golem would move slowly to the directed point by your click.. or maybe jump there like the boss? And then automatically fire lasers or fireballs or whatever at nearby enemies. Then the head is released whne it dies,a nd it could either be a directed flyer or a normal summon like the laser eye
Oh, I get it.

Emits an aura of a HoT buff.
As it would with leeching, HoT would be difficult for the devs to balance, maybe even more since there is no HoT in the game, so it's unlikely, as it is leching summons.

Oh, I get it.

As it would with leeching, HoT would be difficult for the devs to balance, maybe even more since there is no HoT in the game, so it's unlikely, as it is leching summons.
I said healing. I was explaining how it would work. Also, regeneration is HoT.

I said healing. I was explaining how it would work. Also, regeneration is HoT.
I understand, I was comparing with leeching summons, which is something I suggested and realized is unlikely to happen for balancing reasons, sadly.

I understand, I was comparing with leeching summons, which is something I suggested and realized is unlikely to happen for balancing reasons, sadly.
You could combine the healing one with a debuff inflicting one and only have it heal when it is able to debuff an enemy.

I just checked the wiki and the cloud isn't a summoner weapon. BUT the Lunar Portal Staff and the Rainbow Crystal Staff are.

I just checked the wiki and the cloud isn't a summoner weapon. BUT the Lunar Portal Staff and the Rainbow Crystal Staff are.
Those two staffs function like the frost hydra staff, witch is a summoner weapon. The other staffs don't, so they are not.

Those two staffs function like the frost hydra staff, witch is a summoner weapon. The other staffs don't, so they are not.

I'm kinda confused now. Some staves that do one thing are summoner weapons and other staves that do almost the same thing aren't summoner weapons.

Back
Top Bottom