New Weapon, Armor and Accessories Tier List

AngryNimbus

Terrarian
I have been trying various equipment in Terraria for several months and want to share my findings.
There are already a lot of similar posts, but this is for version 1.4.3.2, so if you need to know how good new weapons actually are, this is the right place.
List is based on relative performance of each item at a given progression stage.
Firstly this list can be really hard on eyes, so this section is meant to help readers in finding information. List has the following format:
Example 1.gif

S+ Tier
What does it mean?

WEAPON SPECIALIZATION: Tells you what this weapon is good at or how to maximise its efficiency.

1. RED : BOSSING (good against upcoming bosses and events; fast killtimes or safety)
2. YELLOW : Good single-target DPS
3. BLUE : Crowd Control (ability to deal with crowds, while not losing DPS at individual mobs)
4. GREEN : Mobbing (easy and effective use against regular enemies, more user friendy than others)
WHITE : Good in all 4 aspects, only S tier can cave this one.

5. ORANGE : EXPLOITABLE WEAPONS (The HB, Flying Knife, Fetid, Jousting Lances)
6. PURPLE : BEST SIDEARMS (Vampire Knives, Speed increasing whips, Betsy's wrath, Rainbow, Clinger, Nimbus, Raven Staff, North Pole). May include weaker sidearms too.

The visual scheme is given at the bottom of the list.
1. Pre-boss
Priority:
1.1 Surface;
1.2 Underground + Tundra, Ocean, Floating islands;
1.3 Demonite/Crimtane, Evil Biome orbs/hearts, Jungle, Bloodmoon fishing, Underground Desert
2.Post-eye loot, evil boss weapons, hellstone
3.Queen bee, Skeletron, Dungeon, Shadow chests, Deerclops

4. Pre-boss HM loot, WoF, Dreadnautilus, Queen Slime
5. Post 1-mech loot (any), OOA T2
6. Post 3 mech loot, Solar Eclipse
7. Plantera drops, HM Dungeon, Buffed Eclipse, Golem Drops

8. Pumpkin and Frost Moons, OOA T3, Duke Fishron, Empress of Light, Martian Madness
9. Lunar Fragment Weapons, Daytime Empress
10. ML drops, Zenith
*Weapon rarity affects rankings only in case when weapons are at the same stage and have similar power, for example rare Candy Cane Sword is in D tier, and more common Gold Broadsword is in D+.

S+, 10/10
Arguably overpowered in some way, these are the best weapons in the game. Outperform almost everything even a progression stage higher.
Deal obscene amounts of damage or have unique features which outshine everything else in the game.
Includes extremely versatile weapons that are effective in all situations.

Exceptional performance for up to 3 (if availiable) progression stages above obtaining

S, 9/10
Powerful, long-lasting options, excellent in target situations, even good in all remaining cases. May include weapons, which are particularly good in certain scenarios:
Aerial bane = as its name suggests
Daybreak = mixed class with Dragon, excellent in tank melee set
Scourge of the Corruptor = exceptionally user-friendly on mobs and has good melee-summon synergy for hybrids

Very high overall performance for 2 progression stages above obtaining

A+, 8/10
More effective weapons than regular A tier in their main use cases. Have slightly longer lifespan. May include one of the best exploitable weapons (HB + Statues, Fetid Baghnakhs in Facetanking)

High overall performance for 1 progression stage above obtaining

A, 7/10
The main tier of good weapons. They may be not cosidered as "overpowered" or something, but will serve well in a wide variety of situations.

High overall performance at the progression stage of obtaining

B+, 6/10
Great weapons when played into their strengths, but these strengths do not cover all possible situations. There is still an impact on performance in wrong circumstances. May include decent weapons with no prominent flaws or distinctive features, like Flairon.

Quite decent (or even high, but situation limited) performance at the progression stage of obtaining

B, 5/10
Reasonably effective in designed situations, however with noticeable performance decrease in any other case. May include good "stepping stone" weapons, which are good, but are rather quickly replaced (Silver and Tungsten Bows, Mythril and Orichalcum Repeaters). Usable on any game difficulty and therefore considered as the lowest tier of good weapons.

Moderate overall performance at the progression stage of obtaining.

C+, 4/10
Not especially good, but at least functional and can be used if there are no better options. Still may have a specialization, but are outclassed even in this.

Below average performance at the progression stage of obtaining.

C, 3/10
The lowest tier of at least to some extent usable weapons
They are bad and should not be considered in a serious playthrough.

Low performance at the progression stage of obtaining

D+, 2/10
Extremely weak and struggle to do anything well.
Quite decent junk.

D, 1/10
Hilariously weak and killing enemies with these is either pure luck or excruciating pain
Pretty mediocre trash.

F, absolute zero
The most unrivalled garbage.
So, now you know that Vampire Knives are S+ tier sidearm and are exceptional against bosses. They remain to be useful from progression stage 7 for the rest of the game.
Example 1.gif

S+ Tier
3 more examples for you to get used to the format:
Megashark has S tier boss performance (against upcoming Plantera, Twins, OOA etc.), very good at any single enemy, absolutely capable of CC and is very user-friendly (assuming crystal, high velocity and chlorophyte bullets respectively). Has high performance for up to 2 progression stages above obtaining.
Ex. 3.gif

S Tier
Fetid Baghnakhs are very good exploitable weapon. (Excellent in any facetanking builds based on Titanium or Turtle Armors). They are great on bosses and on single targets.
Ex.5.gif

A+ Tier
Meowmere can offer you slightly above average crowd control, compared to other ML drops.
Ex.4.gif

B+ Tier
Weapon tier list:
TL v7.4.1.gif

S+ tier (17)

Zenith, Vampire Knives, Terra Blade, Celebration MK2, S.D.M.G., Phantasm, Eventide, Tsunami, Electrosphere Launcher, Dart Guns, Last Prism, Razorblade Typhoon, Terraprisma, Sanguine Staff, Blade Staff, Explosive Bunnies

S tier (35)

Daybreak, Sky Dragon’s Fury, Seedler, Scourge of the Corruptor, Starfury, Aerial Bane, Snowman Cannon, Chlorophyte Shotbow, Phantom Phoenix, Megashark, Uzi, Daedalus Stormbow, Star Cannon, Molten Fury, Boomstick, Minishark, Betsy’s Wrath, Stellar Tune, Charged Blaster Cannon, Laser Machinegun, Razorpine, Staff of Earth, Rainbow Gun, Rainbow Rod, Demon Scythe, Stardust Dragon, Desert Tiger, Vampire Frogs, Flinx Staff, Kaleidoscope, Dark Harvest, Durendal, Firecracker, Spinal Tap, Snapthorn

A+ tier (42)

Influx Waver, Flying Dragon, The Horseman’s Blade, The Eye of Cthulhu, True Night’s Edge, True Excalibur, Dev Yoyos, Drippler Crippler, Fetid Baghnakhs, Bananarang, Thorn Chackram, Vortex Beater, Xenopopper, Stake Launcher, Nail Gun, Hallowed Repeater, Coin Gun, Onyx Blaster, Phoenix Blaster, Pew-Matic Horn, The Bee’s Knees, Beenades, Musket, Sand Gun, Snowball Cannon, Grenades, Nebula Arcanum, Nightglow, Blizzard Staff, Venom Staff, Clinger staff, Nimbus Rod, Life Drain, Cursed Flames, Flamelash, Water Bolt, Diamond Staff, Stardust Cells, Raven Staff, Imp Staff, Abigail’s Flower

A tier (56)

Terrarian, Kraken, Death Sickle, Yelets, Shadowflame Knife, Flying Knife, Sergeant United Shield, Sunfury, Cascade, Flamarang, Code 1, Amazon, Ball o Hurt, Terragrim, Enchanted Sword, Enchanted Boomerang, Chain Gun, Stynger, Sniper Rifle, Pulse Bow, Titanium Repeater, Adamantite Rpeater, Shadowflame Bow, Clockwork Assault Rifle, Hellwing Bow, Blood Rain Bow, Tendon Bow, Demon Bow, Platinum Bow, Gold Bow, Bone Throwing Knife, Sticky Grenade, Bouncy Grenade, Blowpipe, Lunar Flare, Nebula Blaze, Bat Scepter, Heat Ray, Spectre Staff, Resonance Scepter, Unholy Trident, Crystal Serpent, Sky Fracture, Crystal Storm, Book of Skulls, Magic Missile, Bee Gun, Space Gun, Grey Zapinator, Vilethorn, Ruby and Amber Staves, Xeno Staff, Spider Staff, Finch Staff, Staff of The Frost Hydra.

B+ tier (43)

Meowmere, Solar Eruption, Starlight, Flairon, Possessed Hatchet, Paladin’s Hammer, Flower Pow, Chlorophyte Partisan, Mushroom Spear, Gradient, Chik, Night’s Edge, Combat Wrench, Blue Moon, Ice Blade, Ice Boomerang, Flaming Mace, Spear, Jack o Lantern Launcher, Tactical Shotgun, Orichalcum Repeater, Shotgun, Toxicarp, Handgun, Blowgun, Revolver, Paintball Gun, Poisoned Knife, Tungsten Bow, Wasp Gun, Nettle Burst, Tome of Infinite Wisdom, Orange Zapinator, Crystal Vile Shard, Ice Rod, Emerald Staff, Crimson Rod, Ligtning Aura Staff T3, Explosive Trap Staff T3, Queen Spider Staff, Houndius Shootius, Morning Star, Cool Whip.

B tier (46)

Star Wrath, North Pole, Code 2, Ice Sickle, Dao of Pow, Amarok, Hel-Fire, Bee Keeper, The Meatball, Artery, Malaise, Falcon Blade, Shroomerang, Mace, Piranha Gun, Super Star Shooter, Gatligator, Ice Bow, Mythril Repeater, Flintlock Pistol, The Undertaker, Bone Javelin, Silver Bow, Shadewood and Ebonwood Bows, Throwing Knife, Shuriken, Bubble Gun, Shadowbeam Staff, Leaf Blower, Spirit Flame, Golden Shower, Frost Staff, Poison Staff, Laser Rifle, Aqua Scepter, Weather Pain, Wand of Sparking, Optic Staff, Hornet Staff, Slime Staff, Rainbow Crystal Staff, Ballista Staff T3, Ligtning Aura Cane T2, Explosive Trap Cane T2, Leather Whip.

C+ tier (48)

Christmas Tree Sword, Psycho Knife, Light Disc, Bladetongue, Format:C, Chain Guillotines, Valor, Fiery Greatsword, Lucy the Axe, Bladed Glove, Tentacle Spike, Storm Spear, Sawtooth Shark, Swordfish, Trident, Wooden Boomerang, Elf Melter, Candy Corn Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Venus Magnum, Flamethrower, Marrow, Palladium Repeater, Harpoon, Frost Daggerfish, Javelin, Lead Bow, Boreal Wood Bow, Palm Wood Bow, Magnet Sphere, Inferno Fork, Toxic Flask, Magic Harp, Meteor Staff, Shadowflame Hex Doll, Medusa Head, Magic Dagger, Flower of Frost, Flower of Fire, Thunder Zapper, Tempest Staff, Deadly Sphere Staff, Pirate Staff, Flameburst Staff T3, Ballista Cane T2, Ligtning Aura Rod T1, Explosive Trap Rod T1.

C tier (38)

Golem fist, Keybrand, Chlorophyte Claymore, Brand of the Inferno, Frostbrand, KO Cannon, Ham Bat, Jousting Lance, Shadow Lance, Muramasa, Blade of Grass, Rotten Fork, Bloody Machete, Exotic Scimitar, Stylish Scissors, Blood Butcherer, Light’s Bane, Platinum and Gold Shortswords, Katana, Chain Knife, Rally, Celebration, Proximity Mine Launcher, Cobalt Repeater, Happy Grenade, Quad-Barrel Stotgun, Spiky Ball, Red Ryder, Molotov Cocktail, Iron Bow, Rich Maogany Bow, Wooden Bow, Sapphire Staff, Lunar Poral Staff, Flameburst Cane T2, Flameburst Rod T1, Ballista Rod T1.

D+ tier (44)
Most broadswords, Copper Bow, Blood thorn, Flare gun (as a weapon, not as a tool).

D tier (32)
Rarer or worse broadswords

F tier (16)
Not worth mentioning, really

Average score is currently 5.1 points. (from 0 to 10, or from F to S+)
Rank of Abigail is based on the best stage, which is early HM. She is good on Queen Slime, Dreadnautilus, and has great mobbing with Firecracker.
Fetid Baghnakhs, while having S tier boss killtimes, are in a lower tier because they are very dangerous otherwise. Same with the Horseman's Blade.
Explosive Bunnies can be manually placed in cages and oneshot pre-HM bosses. They ignore i-frames.
Stealthed Celebration MK2's red rocket can outperform Zenith on Empress of Light.
North Pole is best used as a sidearm against large, grounded enemies, like Santa-NK1. Don't shoot upwards, you will quickly reach the projectile cap! Be above you target and shoot downwards (or sideways).
Bladetongue is good on Destroyer
Spears and Swawtooth Shark are good against Brain of Cthulhu.
Fiery Greatsword with Warding Molten Armor trivialise QB fight.
Accessories Armor v7.2.2.gif

Notes:
Beetle armor is used over Solar if you need:
--True melee performance with Dark Harvest
--HB statue farming
--Sky Dragon's fury rightclick shooting speed
--True Melee with the following swords: Influx Waver is capped at 5 frames, Terra blade on 3, Psycho on 3, Keybrand on 5
--Projectile melee sets appreciate using sentries and rainbow gun (Seedler, Scourge, Vampire Knives)

Recommended Mixed Armors:

Shinobi/Monk/Valhalla = melee projectile

Red riding shirt & Leggings +
----Adamantite helmet = Low base damage rocket launchers
----Shroomite helmet = arrows, high base damage rocket launchers, bullets

Hallowed+ Dark artist = magic/summon

Chlorophyte + Dark Artist + 8% mana reduction accessory = mana conservation build

Monk/Shinobi/Solar = maximum melee speed

Mythril leggings for early HM mixing (Adamantite/Frost/Mythril for ranged & non-stealth Piranha)

Adamantite/Huntress/Mythril for mixed post 1 mech ranged-summon

Squire great helm for regen (2hp/s)

Valhalla breastplate (4 hp/s)

Solar/Solar/Valhalla for post-ML projectile DPS

Spooky Breastplate for more minions and summon damage. (For Desert Tiger and Raven staves)

Starfury + Sharpened buff with Bee armor (6 minions) is a safer alternative to Obsitian Armor in WoF Fight. Slightly slower kill though.
Winged slime mount synergises with balloons.
Brain of Confusion also gives +10% summon damage after dodge (not mentioned in the buff description)
Recommended reforges:
MELEE warding
RANGED menacing
MAGE lucky (for spectre mask set bonus)
SUMMON menacing or warding (esp. in Blade builds)
Ammo TL.gif

Notes: confetti bullets can be obtained pre-HM by breaking pigronatas (sold by the Party Girl)
Chlorophyte arrows can be stacked by shooting directly above and are especially good with Phantasm.
Snowballs give Snowball Cannon high knockback, which is very useful in early game.
Ichor Darts ignore i-frames at a point-blank range.
Congratulations, if you reached the end and tried to understand all this mess!
I have yet to figure out how to make it more convenient to read...

World Download (grab Rod of Discord at spawn for easier travelling):

Attachments

• Bored_Afterworld.wld
    11.2 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
I used tiermaker for my tier lists but I have yet to find a tier list for all terraria weapons that isn’t missing some, and none that have 1.4.3 weapons. But for accessories and armor sets, tiermaker is absolutely the way to go.

i would argue with more than 50% of the items placement in this tier list but still a worthwide tier list overall ( zenith S+ lol no use). I love the layout desined of the ranking table but its defenitely hard to read though, the background should be more brighter atleast.

I notice you have Orichalcum armor really low. I know a lot of people value it for its additional DPS, especially in challenges. What's your experience been with it to rate it so low?

Also, I think Magiluminescence might be missing (maybe not! it's sprite is pretty inconspicuous)

Tests show that using 2 or 3 spiders are more effective than ori set bonus
Bearing that in mind,
Orichalcum Armor is outclassed by palladium, because regen cannot be substituted
Against Destroyer, Titanium Armor is way more damaging. Nimbus rod is just more feasible in any case. (Fetid + Titanium kill him in 19 sec, nimbus+hellevator destroy him instantly)
Mythril Armor's greaves have way better mixing potential: Adamant/Frost/Mythril is the best ranged DPS combo

Unfortunately, I havent tried Magiluminescence properly yet, so no rank currently

Updated the list slightly; I know that now it is blurred strangely, I am searching for solutions
Edit: now shold be a tad better

Last edited:
I notice you have Orichalcum armor really low. I know a lot of people value it for its additional DPS, especially in challenges. What's your experience been with it to rate it so low?

Also, I think Magiluminescence might be missing (maybe not! it's sprite is pretty inconspicuous)
Orichalcum doesn't have a niche I tested it an it lost to myhtril against all bosses, uses a pretty average hardmode weapon (Clockwork assault rifle or admantite repeater).

For wall cheesing the extra summon damage from spider armor for spider minions was more helpful than the orichalcum petals.

The main problem with orichalcum's set bonus is that the petals miss most of the time and rarely line up correctly do do a crowd control.

Challenge runs shouldn't have an effect on a tier list. Making the challenge run "Only coblat armor is allowed" doesn't make colbalt armor good in general use.

The last little change I want to apply is buff Staff of Earth back to S
Because even without Ravens it entirely destroys crowds
Overall slightly less user-friendly, but a bit more powerful than Scourge + Rainbow

Pumpkin Moon times: Scourge + Rainbow 11.16
SoE: 10.59
Empress of Light: SoE: 61 sec
Seedler (Beetle scale mail): 51 sec

SoE nerf to A+ (because of no longer iframe resetting ravens) was the decision made in a hurry

P. S. It will be the last S tier weapon, because S & S+ tiers are capped at 1/8 of total weapon count, which is 53 (418 total count)

P. P. S. Both Nebula Mantle and Vortex Booster are regular S.
And will try Magiluminessence

Last edited:
Thank you for this amazing work!
It would be better if there were also a written list so that people can ctrl+F. (And also for users like me who remember items by name rather than appearance...)

For the rankings, I suggest moving S.D.M.G. and the Last Prism to S+.

S.D.M.G. is the strongest homing weapon in the game when used with chlorophyte bullets and Vortex armor. It even has an advantage over the Zenith in that it can damage enemies offscreen with 100% accuracy. I think one of the most important usages of ML drops is to safely beat ML again for other loots. For that purpose, I think S.D.M.G. is the best. By using S.D.M.G + chloro bullets + Vortex armor + starboard + Soaring Insignia, you can easily beat ML even if you suck at dodging and aiming.

If Celebration Mk2 is an S+, I think the Last Prism is also. Yes, Celebration Mk2 has better damage potential, but that is when you land short-ranged red rockets on large targets. In other situations, Last Prism shows better damage. Overall, the Last Prism is easier to aim, more consistent, and has better range.

For accessories, I think Scaly Truffle is at least an A (I'd say S). It is a mount obtainable right after entering HM and functions almost the same as a Golem-tier wing (excl. Hoverboard), being faster and allowing higher and longer flight than early- to mid-HM wings. You don't have to go out of your way to obtain this either, since fishing is an effective strategy in early HM (for HM ores/bars from crates, potion ingredients, and even some weapons).

Last edited:
I have been trying various equipment in Terraria for several months and want to share my findings.
There are already a lot of similar posts, but this is for version 1.4.3.2, so if you need to know how good new weapons actually are, this is the right place.
List is based on relative performance of each item at a given progression stage.
Firstly this list can be really hard on eyes, so this section is meant to help readers in finding information. List has the following format:
View attachment 348382
S+ Tier
What does it mean?

WEAPON SPECIALIZATION: Tells you what this weapon is good at or how to maximise its efficiency.

1. RED : BOSSING (good against upcoming bosses and events; fast killtimes or safety)
2. YELLOW : Good single-target DPS
3. BLUE : Crowd Control (ability to deal with crowds, while not losing DPS at individual mobs)
4. GREEN : Mobbing (easy and effective use against regular enemies, more user friendy than others)
WHITE : Good in all 4 aspects, only S tier can cave this one.

5. ORANGE : EXPLOITABLE WEAPONS (The HB, Flying Knife, Fetid, Jousting Lances)
6. PURPLE : BEST SIDEARMS (Vampire Knives, Speed increasing whips, Betsy's wrath, Rainbow, Clinger, Nimbus, Raven Staff, North Pole). May include weaker sidearms too.

The visual scheme is given at the bottom of the list.
1. Pre-boss
Priority:
1.1 Surface;
1.2 Underground + Tundra, Ocean, Floating islands;
1.3 Demonite/Crimtane, Evil Biome orbs/hearts, Jungle, Bloodmoon fishing, Underground Desert
2.Post-eye loot, evil boss weapons, hellstone
3.Queen bee, Skeletron, Dungeon, Shadow chests, Deerclops

4. Pre-boss HM loot, WoF, Dreadnautilus, Queen Slime
5. Post 1-mech loot (any), OOA T2
6. Post 3 mech loot, Solar Eclipse
7. Plantera drops, HM Dungeon, Buffed Eclipse, Golem Drops

8. Pumpkin and Frost Moons, OOA T3, Duke Fishron, Empress of Light, Martian Madness
9. Lunar Fragment Weapons, Daytime Empress
10. ML drops, Zenith
S+, 10/10
Arguably overpowered in some way, these are the best weapons in the game. Outperform almost everything even a progression stage higher.
Deal obscene amounts of damage or have unique features which outshine everything else in the game.
Includes extremely versatile weapons that are effective in all situations.

Exceptional performance for up to 3 (if availiable) progression stages above obtaining

S, 9/10
Powerful, long-lasting options, excellent in target situations, even good in all remaining cases. May include weapons, which are particularly good in certain scenarios:
Aerial bane = as its name suggests
Daybreak = mixed class with Dragon, excellent in tank melee set
Scourge of the Corruptor = exceptionally user-friendly on mobs and has good melee-summon synergy for hybrids

Very high overall performance for 2 progression stages above obtaining

A+, 8/10
More effective weapons than regular A tier in their main use cases. Have slightly longer lifespan. May include one of the best exploitable weapons (HB + Statues, Fetid Baghnakhs in Facetanking)

High overall performance for 1 progression stage above obtaining

A, 7/10
The main tier of good weapons. They may be not cosidered as "overpowered" or something, but will serve well in a wide variety of situations.

High overall performance at the progression stage of obtaining

B+, 6/10
Great weapons when played into their strengths, but these strengths do not cover all possible situations. There is still an impact on performance in wrong circumstances. May include decent weapons with no prominent flaws or distinctive features, like Flairon.

Quite decent (or even high, but situation limited) performance at the progression stage of obtaining

B, 5/10
Reasonably effective in designed situations, however with noticeable performance decrease in any other case. May include good "stepping stone" weapons, which are good, but are rather quickly replaced (Silver and Tungsten Bows, Mythril and Orichalcum Repeaters). Usable on any game difficulty and therefore considered as the lowest tier of good weapons.

Moderate overall performance at the progression stage of obtaining.

C+, 4/10
Not especially good, but at least functional and can be used if there are no better options. Still may have a specialization, but are outclassed even in this.

Below average performance at the progression stage of obtaining.

C, 3/10
The lowest tier of at least to some extent usable weapons
They are bad and should not be considered in a serious playthrough.

Low performance at the progression stage of obtaining

D+, 2/10
Extremely weak and struggle to do anything well.
Quite decent junk.

D, 1/10
Hilariously weak and killing enemies with these is either pure luck or excruciating pain
Pretty mediocre trash.

F, absolute zero
The most unrivalled garbage.
So, now you know that Vampire Knives are S+ tier sidearm and are exceptional against bosses. They remain to be useful from progression stage 7 for the rest of the game.
View attachment 348383
S+ Tier
3 more examples for you to get used to the format:
Megashark has S tier boss performance (against upcoming Plantera, Twins, OOA etc.), very good at any single enemy, absolutely capable of CC and is very user-friendly (assuming crystal, high velocity and chlorophyte bullets respectively). Has high performance for up to 2 progression stages above obtaining.
View attachment 348384
S Tier
Fetid Baghnakhs are very good exploitable weapon. (Excellent in any facetanking builds based on Titanium or Turtle Armors). They are great on bosses and on single targets.
View attachment 348385
A+ Tier
Meowmere can offer you slightly above average crowd control, compared to other ML drops.
View attachment 348386
B+ Tier
Weapon tier list:
View attachment 352401
Rank of Abigail is based on the best stage, which is early HM. She is good on Queen Slime, Dreadnautilus, and has great mobbing with Firecracker.
Fetid Baghnakhs, while having S tier boss killtimes, are in a lower tier because they are very dangerous otherwise. Same with the Horseman's Blade.
Explosive Bunnies can be manually placed in cages and oneshot pre-HM bosses. They ignore i-frames.
Stealthed Celebration MK2's red rocket can outperform Zenith on Empress of Light.
North Pole is best used as a sidearm against large, grounded enemies, like Santa-NK1. Don't shoot upwards, you will quickly reach the projectile cap! Be above you target and shoot downwards (or sideways).
Bladetongue is good on Destroyer
Spears and Swawtooth Shark are good against Brain of Cthulhu.
Fiery Greatsword with Warding Molten Armor trivialise QB fight.
View attachment 352022
Notes:
Beetle armor is used over Solar if you need:
--True melee performance with Dark Harvest
--HB statue farming
--Sky Dragon's fury rightclick shooting speed
--True Melee with the following swords: Influx Waver is capped at 5 frames, Terra blade on 3, Psycho on 3, Keybrand on 5
--Projectile melee sets appreciate using sentries and rainbow gun (Seedler, Scourge, Vampire Knives)

Recommended Mixed Armors:

Shinobi/Monk/Valhalla = melee projectile

Red riding shirt & Leggings +
----Adamantite helmet = Low base damage rocket launchers
----Shroomite helmet = arrows, high base damage rocket launchers, bullets

Hallowed+ Dark artist = magic/summon

Chlorophyte + Dark Artist + 8% mana reduction accessory = mana conservation build

Monk/Shinobi/Solar = maximum melee speed

Mythril leggings for early HM mixing (Adamantite/Frost/Mythril for ranged & non-stealth Piranha)

Adamantite/Huntress/Mythril for mixed post 1 mech ranged-summon

Squire great helm for regen (2hp/s)

Valhalla breastplate (4 hp/s)

Solar/Solar/Valhalla for post-ML projectile DPS

Spooky Breastplate for more minions and summon damage. (For Desert Tiger and Raven staves)

Starfury + Sharpened buff with Bee armor (6 minions) is a safer alternative to Obsitian Armor in WoF Fight. Slightly slower kill though.
Winged slime mount synergises with balloons.
Brain of Confusion also gives +10% summon damage after dodge (not mentioned in the buff description)
Recommended reforges:
MELEE warding
RANGED menacing
MAGE lucky (for spectre mask set bonus)
SUMMON menacing or warding (esp. in Blade builds)
View attachment 348391
Notes: confetti bullets can be obtained pre-HM by breaking pigronatas (sold by the Party Girl)
Chlorophyte arrows can be stacked by shooting directly above and are especially good with Phantasm.
Snowballs give Snowball Cannon high knockback, which is very useful in early game.
Ichor Darts ignore i-frames at a point-blank range.
Congratulations, if you reached the end and tried to understand all this mess!
I have yet to figure out how to make it more convenient to read...

World Download (grab Rod of Discord at spawn for easier travelling):
Was the armor tier list also based on relative performance at a given progression stage?

Edit: Never mind. It is. I'm dumb.

Edit 2: I noticed that Star Wrath is lower on this list than it was on the one in the Don't Starve balancing thread. Why is that?

Last edited:
Thank you for this amazing work!
It would be better if there were also a written list so that people can ctrl+F. (And also for users like me who remember items by name rather than appearance...)

For the rankings, I suggest moving S.D.M.G. and the Last Prism to S+.

S.D.M.G. is the strongest homing weapon in the game when used with chlorophyte bullets and Vortex armor. It even has an advantage over the Zenith in that it can damage enemies offscreen with 100% accuracy. I think one of the most important usages of ML drops is to safely beat ML again for other loots. For that purpose, I think S.D.M.G. is the best. By using S.D.M.G + chloro bullets + Vortex armor + starboard + Soaring Insignia, you can easily beat ML even if you suck at dodging and aiming.

If Celebration Mk2 is an S+, I think the Last Prism is also. Yes, Celebration Mk2 has better damage potential, but that is when you land short-ranged red rockets on large targets. In other situations, Last Prism shows better damage. Overall, the Last Prism is easier to aim, more consistent, and has better range.

For accessories, I think Scaly Truffle is at least an A (I'd say S). It is a mount obtainable right after entering HM, and functions almost the same as a Golem-tier wing (excl. Hoverboard), being faster and allowing higher and longer flight than early- to mid-HM wings. You don't have to go out of your way to obtain this either, since fishing is an effective strategy in early HM (for HM ores/bars from crates, potion ingredients, and even some weapons).
It's pleasant to see such feedback!
S.D.M.G and Last Prism are both very poweful weapons and previously they were in S+. The reason of nerf was the gap between them and MK2/Zenith in JMMFTW EoL killtime and Frost Moon score.
EoL:
CelebMK2: 8 seconds
S.D.M.G.: Chlorophyte 28 sec, Crystal 25 sec
Last Prism: 18-22 sec
Frost Moon:
CelebMK2: W20, 10000 Points
S.D.M.G: W20, 500 Points (luminite on crowds + crystal on single bosses)
Last Prism: W20, 3800 Points
Or, in other words, consider S.D.M.G's rank as an "average of A+ DPS and S+ safety"

In next 10 days I will make a visual update and buff Scaly Truffle. It seems I am not experienced enough with it.

Added text version for the 1st half, the 2nd will be done soon.
Strange I hadn't thought about it earlier

It's pleasant to see such feedback!
S.D.M.G and Last Prism are both very poweful weapons and previously they were in S+. The reason of nerf was the gap between them and MK2/Zenith in JMMFTW EoL killtime and Frost Moon score.
EoL:
Frost Moon:
Or, in other words, consider S.D.M.G's rank as an "average of A+ DPS and S+ safety"

In next 10 days I will make a visual update and buff Scaly Truffle. It seems I am not experienced enough with it.

Added text version for the 1st half, the 2nd will be done soon.
Strange I hadn't thought about it earlier
Can you explain why you moved Star Wrath? I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Can you explain why you moved Star Wrath? I'd like to hear your reasoning.
Star Wrath is in B, because:
About as effective as Meowmere on pillar enemies (except Solar), but on events, like Frost Moon, Meowmere is much better.

Meowmere also trivialises OOA if you haven't finished it, while Star Wrath has vertical damage and is not effective.

There is no underground events at this point of the game, but as a fact: Meowmere is excellent underground, while Star Wrath may not be functional at all. So if you play post-ML, Meowmere ia a more versatile choice.

On Moon Lord, Terrarian = Daybreak* > Meowmere > Star Wrath.

*Terrarian is 58 sec, Daybreak is 1 min 02, but Daybreak has an excellent synergy with Dragon summoner and Warding melee (debuff is not affected by low damage bonuses)

Frost Moon (regular Master mode):
Meowmere: W20, 5500 Points
Star Wrath: W20, 1500 Points
Terra Blade: W20, 2000 Points

Star Wrath has "red" specialisation because is is still fine on Moon Lord and three pillars.

EoL:
Frost Moon:
Thank you for adding the text version! It's also much better for mobile users.

I think Last Prism and S.D.M.G are on about the same level as Celeb Mk2 when DPS and safety were both concerned.

DPS (large target)
Celeb Mk2 > Last Prism > S.D.M.G.
Safety
S.D.M.G > Last Prism > Celeb Mk2

Maybe for skilled players like you, safety is not a big concern. However, for an average player like me, safety plays more important role than DPS. I can safely beat master mode ML with Last Prism and S.D.M.G, but not with Celeb Mk.2. Sometimes successful, but fails more times than that. I think beating ML repeatedly is arguably the most important event after the initial victory, since it lets you earn Zenith, the single best weapon in the game. Thus, I prefer Last Prism and S.D.M.G. as ML drop more than Celeb Mk.2

And I feel DPS of S.D.M.G and Last Prism is already more than enough. Master mode FTW is an exceptional scenario which most users do not play, and for standard Expert/Master mode, Last Prism and S.D.M.G have enough DPS to dominate all bosses and events.

Star Wrath is in B, because:
About as effective as Meowmere on pillar enemies (except Solar), but on events, like Frost Moon, Meowmere is much better.

Meowmere also trivialises OOA if you haven't finished it, while Star Wrath has vertical damage and is not effective.

There is no underground events at this point of the game, but as a fact: Meowmere is excellent underground, while Star Wrath may not be functional at all. So if you play post-ML, Meowmere ia a more versatile choice.

On Moon Lord, Terrarian = Daybreak* > Meowmere > Star Wrath.

*Terrarian is 58 sec, Daybreak is 1 min 02, but Daybreak has an excellent synergy with Dragon summoner and Warding melee (debuff is not affected by low damage bonuses)

Frost Moon (regular Master mode):
Meowmere: W20, 5500 Points
Star Wrath: W20, 1500 Points
Terra Blade: W20, 2000 Points

Star Wrath has "red" specialisation because is is still fine on Moon Lord and three pillars.
Thanks.

Maybe for skilled players like you, safety is not a big concern. However, for an average player like me, safety plays more important role than DPS. I can safely beat master mode ML with Last Prism and S.D.M.G, but not with Celeb Mk.2. Sometimes successful, but fails more times than that. I think beating ML repeatedly is arguably the most important event after the initial victory, since it lets you earn Zenith, the single best weapon in the game. Thus, I prefer Last Prism and S.D.M.G. as ML drop more than Celeb Mk.2

And I feel DPS of S.D.M.G and Last Prism is already more than enough. Master mode FTW is an exceptional scenario which most users do not play, and for standard Expert/Master mode, Last Prism and S.D.M.G have enough DPS to dominate all bosses and events.
I remember 1.3 modded playtroughs. For any unfamiliar bosses I used SDMG + Chlorophyte and it always worked wonderfully. Moon Lord is not the best fight out there, so it intuitively requires players to stay away from it, making SDMG the best choice.
SDMG is probably the best 1st drop you could get, especially given that 2nd kill will give you Vortex Stealth, with which chlorophyte bullets can go up to 8k DPS.

S.D.M.G is back in S+. By the way, try to use SDMG + Crystal on ML instead of Prism, it is only marginally worse in damage
LP is in S+ too, but I will test that thing more

Back
Top Bottom