Game Mechanics New World Size: MASSIVE

The1DarkLord

Skeletron Prime
I envision a seamless/wrapping world with at least two continents & two enormous oceans.

Firstly, I think that oceans are underutilized in the game. They should be huge, dividing spaces between continents. As it stands, Oceans are basically each half of a large lake. I feel that these could be expanded upon. Literally.
I am thinking there should be small Islands on the oceans, and not only islands, but the ground should get deeper, so deep it goes halfway to the underworld, but there wouldn't be an underworld under the oceans. There would be Hardstone blocks, which would not be able to be corrupted or mined, starting at a certain depth, and they would comprise the ocean floor, after it goes too deep for sand or silt to really make sense. Some worlds will even spawn a Trench, that would simply be a bottomless abyss that would be impassable without diving gear. There is so much unused potential for oceans. Reefs, underwater volcanoes, Anything other than fishron in the way of bosses.​
Secondly, but more importantly, Continents! You could have corruption on one continent, and crimson on another! you would be able to fight all the bosses, and get all the things, all in one world! more biomes, more possibilities, more AWESOME.

Think about it.

oh, and also, islands, possibly "floating" with undersea caverns and tunnels underneath them. they could have buried treasure. wouldn't that be cool?

did they? darn. but did they have actual oceans, instead of pitiful little sandy lakes, and other things on the other side of them?

I already feel like the large world is massive, it feels massively massive to me, no support, but good effort.
Same here, I cannot play on large worlds anymore way too much walking around to get to some biomes. Mostly go on large worlds in endgame when I actually have all I need from biomes so I dont need to spend 5 minutes evrytime I want to go to jungle/snow/corruption

Same here, I cannot play on large worlds anymore way too much walking around to get to some biomes. Mostly go on large worlds in endgame when I actually have all I need from biomes so I dont need to spend 5 minutes evrytime I want to go to jungle/snow/corruption
The reason why I don't like large worlds are because it takes a huge amount of time to reach the underworld, dealing with the corruption is annoying since it is big and can easily spread.

Back
Top Bottom