Sprites New Wyvern resprite?

TrueCobmom

Steampunker
So with the more recent Terraria updates updating on many of the graphics, it's safe to say that many old enemies have gotten a resprite as well. One of these enemies specifically is none other than the Wyvern, a worm enemy that comes from the sky and rams you into pieces. The sprite for it currently is... very plain bland to say the least, even if it did get updated in 1.3.5. That's why I made this post to show a possible resprite suggestion for the Wyvern, made by me:

wyverns.png

Now I'm going to show images of it in-game for you to see how it can function:

Straightened Wyvern
unknown.png

Curving Wyvern (with legs mixed up due to how worm enemies work.)
unknown.png

Having a new Wyvern sprite would give the NPC itself more life and a more polished look than before, and since 1.3.6 is going to be very focused on graphical enchancements it can fit right in.

Wonderful improvement! Far more detail and character than the original, while it still fits nicely with vanilla Terraria.

While many vanilla npc's and objects desperately need a rework and thus I support this, at some point you may wish to consider making your own texture pack with resprites like this one included -- I'm sure many would love seeing your work in their game!

How did you make the retextured Wyvern ingame? Did you just use an editing program or did you actually replaced your new sprite with the old one? (Basically made a new texture pack)

Nice sprite by the way! :)

Back
Top Bottom