Casual New Year Thread - Review of 2015, hopes for 2016

DeltaVii

Retinazer
Hey guys, Delta here. The new year is rolling through and that gives us an opportunity to look back at what happened in 2015 and what we want to happen in 2016.

2015 for me was an alright time. No real big complaints to list, it was good. Getting through high school, even though I got pretty wrecked by my class schedule this year. I'm glad to be able to be a part of this community, you guys are awesome friends. Through TCF I've grown in multiple ways, so thanks for that. <3

What I'm hoping for in the new year is to continue to improve in my art, and survive high school. There are things I want to do that I have to wait for a long time for, and they won't be coming in 2016. My plan is to roll through the year, and maybe get fit in summer for cross country.

So, to make discussion happen: What was your 2015 like? What do you want in 2016?

I hope we can get some talking happening.

My hopes for this year are to make memes finish my amiibo collection and get better at Smash. A lot better.

Of course that's not all, but those are a couple big ones.

2015 was a solid year for me. Knocked out a couple semesters of college, read a few books, played some video games. All in all solid year.

Oh yeah I became a moderator too. Forgot that one.

2015 was pretty good for me. I became a musician, got a lot better at video editing, and discovered the amazing musician that is F-777 and heard some of the best music of my life.

As for hopes for 2016, I'm hoping to finally get a track out there that isn't free and you have to buy so I can earn a profit, to get a lot better at Smash 3DS, to get more Amiibo, and, most importantly, to get a life.

Last edited:
2015 was :red:ing wild. My parents got divorced, our house got infested with bees and flooded right before we got evicted, and it wasn't pretty.

But I moved into a great house, into a great neighborhood. I made many friends, rose up as a leader among my younger peers, and even met a girl I love. So in the end 2015 was the best year of my life so far, and I have no :red:ing clue what awaits me in 2016.

For me 2015 seemed like a proof-of-concept for the apocalypse, largely thanks to the Chinese. I'm just wondering what will kill us first: artificial intelligence or mind-controlled machines. More importantly, there were no good game releases. Only half decent titles were Fallout 4 and Cities: Skylines.

For me 2015 seemed like a proof-of-concept for the apocalypse, largely thanks to the Chinese. I'm just wondering what will kill us first: artificial intelligence or mind-controlled machines. More importantly, there were no good game releases. Only half decent titles were Fallout 4 and Cities: Skylines.
U WOT
*tableflip*
FITE ME
(you didn't mention undertale :c )

2015 was an experience, regardless if it was good or bad

Technology has hit many milestones this year, evolving like a mad virus. But I'm concerned what happens when we hit a limit, or if there even is a limit. Can it assist man kind with situations like natural disasters, plagues or conflict? Or will it be the "doomsday device"? No one is sure

2015 has also brought in alot of conflict, like the shootings in U.S, and the Paris attacks. ISIS is getting stronger by every attack, and we aren't preparing ourselves enough. I'm sure we can stop this, but what will it cost?

Who knows what 2016 will bring in? Will it be better than last year, be worse or just be the same?

There were a fair amount of Visual Novels released (localized) during 2015 including Hanachirasu and Kana Okaeri!! that were very good. I'm a little disappointed Seinarukana wasn't released as was originally planned last year, but I'm fine with waiting even longer for it due to the backlog of games I have. For games there is also Trails in the Sky SC, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, as well as Terraria 1.3 naturally that came out last year so it wasn't very disappointing in terms of games. (It feels strange to talk about 2015 as "last year" because my mindset is still on 2015).

True that all the games I liked this year were localizations or Indies, though I'm not a huge fan of the big series similar to Assassins Creed/Elder Scrolls like I was when I was younger.

There's also joining TCF at the beginning last year causing more reinvigorated interest in Terraria and getting to know a lot of people on this site which was an overall very exciting experience. I'll almost have been on TCF for a year.

There's also beginning to learn Japanese in College which I've always wanted to do considering my interest in Japanese Culture from Anime. It feels good to be able to read and write in Hiragana and Katakana, since it feels like I'll learn more of the language on a better level now.

Anime felt underwhelming for 2015 however. The newest series I've seen has been The Asterisk War which also happens to be the 200th Anime I've finished according to my list and it seemed like the best Anime I've seen in 2015 that was new. The last few Anime that gave that sort of "Oh Wow!" Feeling were Yona of the Dawn and Blast of Tempest, which didn't air in 2015 (Yona finished in early 2015, but started in 2014) The 2nd season of The Asterisk War this year will be something to look forward to at the very least.

I am honestly very nervous for 2016 as I'm planning to graduate in College soon and I'm unsure of what will come afterwards. It feels like 2016 is going to be a year of big change because of this. I just hope I'm able to handle the changes it brings smoothly without getting too overwhelmed.

Overall, I enjoyed 2015. A fair amount of things being released and spending good time with Family. And discovering great Books. It would be fun if 2016 were as good. Though time will tell how 2016 is.

Back
Top Bottom