Weapons & Equip New YoYo string, the bladed string.

Would This Fit well in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Should the new strings allow the yoyo to pierce through enemies, or should they still bounce?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should pierce through enemies.

• They should still bounce off of enemies.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonlineuser

Skeletron
FIRST SUGGESTION! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Sorry for the bad formatting, and the fact that I broke the poll.

The bladed string
index.php
would be a new accessory for YoYos. It would decrease YoYo length by 1-2 blocks, but cause the string itself to deal damage. The string would deal roughly 30% of the YoYo damage, and would not trigger counterweights. It could be crafted with any string, 5 spikes from the dungeon, and 5 stingers. It's name would appear as bladed <color here> string. It would look like the original string, but with colored spikes on it. It could have an underworld upgrade made with 20 hell cinders called the flaming string
index.php
. It would not decrease the length, would deal 35% damage, and have a chance to inflict the on fire debut. It's name would appear as flaming <color here> string. It would create flame particles all over the string. It would then have a final upgrade made with 5 wooden spikes from the lizard temple, as well as 5 vials of venom and 10 spider fangs. Now, it would increase the length by 1-2 blocks, deal 40% damage, and inflict venom. It would create occasional venom particles along the string. It would be called Venomous <color here> string
index.php

This accessory and it's tinkers are intended for people who like to get up close and personal with their YoYos. Note: none of the strings would have knockback.

Credit for names goes to CrazyDragon. Credit for hell cinders goes to Baconfry. Sprites by @Passthejampls

Last edited:
Great idea! For the names of the upgrades (no offense, but they're kind of boring) how about Flaming <colour> String and Venemous <colour> String. Maybe they could somehow be incorporated into a yoyo accessory even better than the Yoyo Pack.

Great idea! For the names of the upgrades (no offense, but they're kind of boring) how about Flaming <colour> String and Venemous <colour> String. Maybe they could somehow be incorporated into a yoyo accessory even better than the Yoyo Pack.
I know the names are bad, can I use yours? (with credit of course)

I feel like the Venom-inflicting version of the string could be done with Spider Fangs (which I was disappointed not to find a new use for in 1.3; even furniture would be cool).

There are obvious reasons why I personally would not want to play with a yoyo with a string that had venomous razor blades on it, or one that was on fire, but I think we can ignore that.

20 metal spikes on a string sounds heavy. Maybe change it to require stingers instead of spikes.
Hmmm.... You're right, I'm gonna decrease the number of spikes in the bladed string, but I think i'll use the stingers for the venomous string.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437247389,1437247264][/DOUBLEPOST]
I feel like the Venom-inflicting version of the string could be done with Spider Fangs (which I was disappointed not to find a new use for in 1.3; even furniture would be cool).

There are obvious reasons why I personally would not want to play with a yoyo with a string that had venomous razor blades on it, or one that was on fire, but I think we can ignore that.
Oh man, I completely forgot spider fangs even existed.

The Venemous Strings could require Spider Fangs, but then have their base damage improved when Wooden Spikes are added.

Hitting with the string doesn't trigger counterweights(and presumably the yoyo glove), but would hitting with the yoyo itself still trigger those?

Either way, this is a pretty interesting idea. Despite playing a summoner currently, I've been loving yoyos since I first crafted a wooden one early on with the character.

Hitting with the string doesn't trigger counterweights(and presumably the yoyo glove), but would hitting with the yoyo itself still trigger those?

Either way, this is a pretty interesting idea. Despite playing a summoner currently, I've been loving yoyos since I first crafted a wooden one early on with the character.
Yes, the YoYo would still trigger counterweights.
Also, if someone could make a banner, that would really be amazing.

Last edited:
There is a banner workshop somewhere on the forums, but I can't rememeber where. Also, you could add a poisonus string (silk rope + stingers + antlion
mandibles maybe?),which could be upgraded to venoumos string with vials of venom and spider fangs in hardmode.

I ive dangerously. I like my yoyos with god damn razor blades attached. I'm all for it. Spikes need some use now that we can't cheese Moon Lord with 'em anymore

This would be really funky to implement (and in fact I have my doubts that it's even possible without some recoding), but it's a pretty neat idea regardless.

Back
Top Bottom