PC News Flash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice, can't wait to find out what the birthday event will be like. (Maybe you could release the update on July 17th, my birthday?) ;)

holy f4wtv3b4!£VRT£B$3GV************** bouncy castles...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
/sarcasm

And the birthday event will probably be based off the birth date on your Steam account, and my birthday comes in September when school begins...
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
/sarcasm

I wonder what kind of Quality of Life changes they could possibly give us, as I'm running out of things that I could think of that could possibly make UI or common tasks easier to do.

If you don't like it, then don't use it; I'm pretty sure that the devs did not force controller support for PC, being a requested feature by a majority of us players.

I never really used it since the update and I'm enjoying it fine, but I fail to see what problems you had with it in the first place.
They're not coming to Israel. One of them is coming FROM there.

I'd like to hear exactly what joycourier's objection is myself, but I think it has to do with the fact that if you have a control connected to the PC, Terraria will automatically assume you want to use it and start showing the little targeting markers and such. Not a problem for me since I don't have one at all, but I can understand this being irritating for some.

@diekonradish, @ManaUser, without intenting to put words in joycourier's mouth, I would assume the issue is that if you DO use a controller, it automatically uses the official controller support. Some individuals had jury rigged unofficial controller support in the past, and for one reason or another, some prefer their old setup over the official one. That seems to have been the reason why a small minority of players want to see an option to disable it.

@diekonradish, @ManaUser, without intenting to put words in joycourier's mouth, I would assume the issue is that if you DO use a controller, it automatically uses the official controller support. Some individuals had jury rigged unofficial controller support in the past, and for one reason or another, some prefer their old setup over the official one. That seems to have been the reason why a small minority of players want to see an option to disable it.

That, and the OSKB appearing if you merely have a controller hooked up to your PC and you're not even using it whatsoever, like mine does. It's a nitpick issue, but yet it would be nice to tell the game "Disable Controller Entirely" so that it doesn't happen.

I don't wanna have to unplug my controller, because every time I do... I have to manually re-configure one of my emulators because apparently when you plug it back in, Windows assigns it a different address or something and the emulator goes "Old one's gone, there's a new controller, let's wipe all settings!" ....sigh

That, and the OSKB appearing if you merely have a controller hooked up to your PC and you're not even using it whatsoever, like mine does. It's a nitpick issue, but yet it would be nice to tell the game "Disable Controller Entirely" so that it doesn't happen.

That is an inconsistent bug, rather than an "option to deactivate". It should not be doing that unless you are ACTIVELY using a Gamepad (even having one plugged in shouldn't activate it automatically), and we aren't sure why it does it as of yet. It doesn't happen to everyone (neither my old nor my new computer does it), so it may have something to do with specific hardware, but that's still under investigation.

That is an inconsistent bug, rather than an "option to deactivate". It should not be doing that unless you are ACTIVELY using a Gamepad (even having one plugged in shouldn't activate it automatically), and we aren't sure why it does it as of yet. It doesn't happen to everyone (neither my old nor my new computer does it), so it may have something to do with specific hardware, but that's still under investigation.

I realize that, I'm merely saying that an option to disable controller entirely would 100% squash this particular bug in the process, lol.

And yeah it's probably hardware related... I wouldn't be surprised if the PS2->USB adapter is sending a pulse every few seconds to the PC making Terraria think it's active and being used or some-such.

Outside of me shipping you said adapter, I doubt there'd be any way for you to test it unless there's a program that can monitor it or something.

I realize that, I'm merely saying that an option to disable controller entirely would 100% squash this particular bug in the process, lol.

Not really the best way to solve a bug IMO; its better to track down HOW the bug is being caused rather than burying it. It could end up leading to other issues in the future, especially for those who aren't looking to deactivate controller support.

Suffice to say, IF an option to deactivate the controller support is added, its not likely to be mutually exclusive with attempts to fix the bug. Both need to be considered independently.

Not really the best way to solve a bug IMO; its better to track down HOW the bug is being caused rather than burying it. It could end up leading to other issues in the future, especially for those who aren't looking to deactivate controller support.

Suffice to say, IF an option to deactivate the controller support is added, its not likely to be mutually exclusive with attempts to fix the bug. Both need to be considered independently.

Oh, absolutely, I agree with you. I'm just saying that in the interim... if deactivation becomes an option... I'll simply use that to squash it for now. But if you ever need me to run checks with programs or anything, well, link me the progs and I'll send you the logfiles if you want.

Beautiful. A new, fun event and then changing one of the biomes, that didn't really seem rewarding to venture into it, so it's nice to hear. Can't wait to see it! Not to mention some of the devs meeting with the rest of the team. That surely will be a nice experience to meet others face to face, talk and walk out.

Beautiful. A new, fun event and then changing one of the biomes, that didn't really seem rewarding to venture into it, so it's nice to hear. Can't wait to see it!

Yeah, seriously the Underground Desert upon it's 1.3.0 release, I was scratching my head going "So uh what's the actual purpose behind this, other than jamming stuff closer together?"

Well, if they update the zone, then it will be more like the underground snow and it will have its entirely new thing. Hopefully they also revamp the whole Fossil system too; unless they're gonna make UG Desert have better, later Easymode Rewards.... then it's OK if you need a EoW/BoC pickaxe to do much in there.
[doublepost=1467233731,1467233654][/doublepost]
Can someone please explain what "quality of life" to terraria means.

QoL/Quality of Life: Making mundane tasks easier/more smoother.

Past QoL Changes:

Angler Tackle Bag
Grand Design
Multiwrench
Item Sorting
Quick Stack to Nearby Chests

All of these things make things easier to do but does not affect game balance much (well, ok, having Grand Design on you means you will never get hit by a trap again).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom