tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

does this include the creation of a graveyard biome if you get enough tombstones? that was a feature in Nterraria I loved as much as I died.

does this include the creation of a graveyard biome if you get enough tombstones? that was a feature in Nterraria I loved as much as I died.
I don't see why I couldn't try bringing that back. But I'll make the tombstone dropping from zombies optional, because I've heard enough complaints about it. (Beside nothing stops me from setting the option to be on by default.

Long time without updates? No more!
-Basic RPG Mode
Npcs that has no damage will no longer gain damage bonus.
-Regular RPG Mode
The bosses extra parts or summons will also get their level set to the boss level. Or at least some of them.
Old One Army event also has mobs scaled.
I did the following changes to the biome levels:
-Lihzahrd Dungeon went from Lv 110~120 to 100~115
-Hardmode Dungeon went from Lv 110~120 to 115~130
-Tower Zones went from Lv 140~150 to 125~135.
-The level of the zone increases by 5 for each tower destroyed, up to 15 level increase (once the 4th tower is down, the boss prepares to spawn, anyway).
The Mothron Egg and Spawn are now set to Mothron's level.
Projectiles no longer gains extra health based on level.
Can no longer gain Max Mana from leveling up.
Added Playthrough 1.5 option to the mod.
Enabling it, all monsters in the world will have their status level scaled to your level, as soon as you beat Moonlord at least once.
That doesn't means you can use that world to grind any character you want anywhere that gives good exp. The scale will only happen if your character is overleveled, and exp given wont change.
May be broken on multiplayer, if multiplayer works.
Passing the mouse over npcs or other players will now show their level.
Added an option to boost pre hardmode enemies status on hardmode.
I guess that will be dangerous on expert mode...
Fixed the mana multiplier not increasing.
Classic N Terraria enemies were added to the mod.
I did a few changes to the status of the Skullic Guardian and the Skullic Fighter... Guess what changed.
The High Demon and High Voodoo Demon gained some changes too...
I made an old friend of yours from the Jungle be a mini boss.
The game mode is still having problems to be saved, so everytime you open the game, change the game mode to the one you wish to play.
The graveyard biome is in, but I forgot to test it.
I made the status interface on the player inventory be less bad, but I don't know if It will work well for everyone, one will have to test, though.
I've also been playing with the Regular RPG mode, only to find out a lot of bugs and other issues on it. It has been fixed though, but due to reimplementing the old post level 100 status boosts on npcs, the end game will be an open raid, so be prepared.

If things gets too hairy about balance issues, just tell me and I'll try making things more balanced, If I don't end up balancing it by myself, since I also has a character at post level 100 areas.

As for the Mana bonus status should give, I removed some boosts, like level boost, because tModLoader didn't added something to uncap the mana, and since I want the mod to be playable for as loooooong as possible (since who knows when I may end up stopping developing it), I wont be messing with some specific code changing... Codes.

I've also implemented some old N Terraria enemies to the mod, the only bad is that I don't remember who actually created those reskins (since the sprites were sent to me on the old Terraria Comunity Forums), but, thanks to that person anyway. Those mod monsters will spawn on their respective places, but I also did a few changes to them.

Anyway, I've been wondering, would you guys like the weekend exp boost event to come to NExperience mod? Or did I just do a stupid question? Even more since Regular RPG Mode is getting really insane about leveling after level 100, hehe.

Well, anyway, enjoy the update :D.

Edit:. I just checked, the Graveyard biome isn't working yet. I'll need some time to fix it (even more since after messing with it, It turns the biome into a weirdly pacific place).

Edit2:. Do pay attention to the system of scaling monsters to your level after you beat Moonlord at least once, If you want to keep playing with your character, that's great, but you can also make use of it to play with any other character on that world, having underleveled monsters scale to your character level, so turns the game less boring.

Last edited:
This mod is actually the leveling part of N Terraria. As for multiplayer, I don't know if it works. I launched an update with it but I didn't had any way of testing.

This mod is actually the leveling part of N Terraria. As for multiplayer, I don't know if it works. I launched an update with it but I didn't had any way of testing.

host and play works with steam integration so its much more likely you can test MP..or i can test this personally =3

host and play works with steam integration so its much more likely you can test MP..or i can test this personally =3
The problem isn't the host and play, the problem is that my pc can only run 1 Terraria.
Also, If you want to test it, you may. Just be sure to tell any weird issue you see during the gameplay, and remember to turn on the multiplayer option on the mod options.

The problem isn't the host and play, the problem is that my pc can only run 1 Terraria.
Also, If you want to test it, you may. Just be sure to tell any weird issue you see during the gameplay, and remember to turn on the multiplayer option on the mod options.

well lets start off with the first problem

~ Experience is not being obtained in Multiplayer and yes the feature is on...which is strange why you have to turn on multiplayer as a config i never seen anyone having to do this before
and no throwing damage support?

sweetie cmon =3

Last edited:
well lets start off with the first problem

~ Experience is not being obtained in Multiplayer and yes the feature is on...which is strange why you have to turn on multiplayer as a config i never seen anyone having to do this before
and no throwing damage support?

sweetie cmon =3
If the experience is not being obtained on multiplayer, is because the client doesn't even know who killed the monster (or if the monster has been killed). Looks like I'll have to use a different way of sharing the exp.
After the bugs on N Terraria multiplayer, I added that as a way of at least having part of a multiplayer, in case the syncing doesn't works?
And looks like I forgot about it. I'll try making it be part of Ranged build, If that seems fine.

I'll see if I can do a patch fixing those issues.

Talking about patch...
-Regular RPG Mode
  • Increasing CHA no longer increases your summon count.
    • Blame the UFOs.
Exp is no longer scaled with npc status level.
Town npcs level is now scaled to the toughest npc level in the world.
The cultists from the Dungeon entrance has their status level changed based on their current stance.
  • If they are idle, they will scale to the level of the toughest npc in the world.
  • If they are attacking the player or alerted, their level will be scaled to the toughest player in the world.
Changed how the exp share is triggered to "when the monster dies", instead of "when giving monster loot", to avoid multiplayer bugs.
Thrown weapons now gains Ranged damage status.
Fixed some mod npcs not having health at all. (I've set their health to the wrong health variable. Oops)
Graveyard biome is in.
Splitted Client and Server configuration variables between two settings pages. Be sure to click the arrows when messing with the mod settings.
Added Weekend Exp event.
  • Last from Friday until Sunday. Everyone gains 50% extra exp. Enjoy :D.
Why 1.3.1? Well, I still want to be able to run the mod with my companion mod, so whatever. Also that I discovered that setting the first number of the mod id makes so mods depending on it no longer work... So... Yeah, sucks. (and that also means I'll have to change the versioning of my companion mod soon)

The removal of the Charisma effect on the summon count on Regular RPG Mode was added because the Ufo summon is way too overkill when they swarm a monster, I were able to kill a paladin in about 15 seconds with it, note that past level 100, things are pretty much an open world raid, so those guys aren't easy.

Due to splitting client and server configurations, the current drawback is that everytime you open the mod, and want to play it on other game mode that isn't Regular RPG Mode, you have to click one more time in the mod configuration. Not only you get annoyed by that thing, though, but at least that motivates me into searching for ways of solving that problem.

Also, exp acquisition method changed, but I'm more worried about the exploits that can happen due to it, but If everyone who participated in the fight be able to gain their deserved exp, then It's a major victory.

Enjoy.

Edit:. The forums has broken the formatting of the patch note... Had to fix, but now it looks a bit ugly.

Hotfix Launched
-Regular RPG Mode
Added an option to allow you to allow turning off the post level 100 monsters status scaling.
Your character will gain a status boost post level 100. But will only be under effect if your the option of pos level 100 monster scaling is on.
Fixed pre hardmode monsters getting hardmode status boost on pre hardmode, when the option of boosting pre hardmode enemies status on hardmode was on.
Added an option to allow turning off mod enemies spawn.
Hardmode Jungle custom monsters no longer spawns inside the Lihzahrd Dungeon.
Don't say "You took your time", I didn't even knew the bug where pre hardmode monsters were overkill existed. I only found out of It's existence when I was testing a change to the skills system on TerraGuardians mod. Beside a work around for that issue would be to disable the option that caused it to happen, but since now It's fixed, there is no need.

The update also adds the option to disable the level 100 monster scaling on Regular RPG Mode and It's variants, but due to adding and making a change to the scaling of pos level 100 on the player status, that wont be as much insane as it was before. Depending on the build you make for your character, your character may even end up having more than 10k of health, but you know, not everything is about numbers.

Enjoy.

Could you maybe make the text displaying the current biome level and enemy moveable or fade out? They kind of break immersion, given where they are placed now. Putting it into one of the corner's would be more pleasing.
Also the "Exp Rate" setting in the config cannot be set to less than 1.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Could you maybe make the text displaying the current biome level and enemy moveable or fade out? They kind of break immersion, given where they are placed now. Putting it into one of the corner's would be more pleasing.
Also the "Exp Rate" setting in the config cannot be set to less than 1.

Thanks!
I've taken note of those feedbacks, and will see If I can do some changes to it.
I'll add a option to change the way the text displaying the current biome level behaves, because some people (like me) like it the way it is right now.
The enemy level thing, you mean the level when you pass the mouse over, or the level that appears when an npc is hurt? Because if is the level that appears when the npc is hurt, I should have removed that a long time ago, there is no actual necessity for that after I added the level display when passing the mouse over an enemy.

And I'll check out that issue of the Exp Rate, It's really weird not being able to set it to less than 1.

bugterraria.png

That one when the enemy is hurt. I am pretty sure it's from your mod... I am on version 1.3.2 of your mod.

And yes, when I change Exp Rate to something less than 1 in the main menu, it does revert back to 1. The slider is fixed once the game has started.
Thanks for your mod! It's lovely.

That one when the enemy is hurt. I am pretty sure it's from your mod... I am on version 1.3.2 of your mod.

And yes, when I change Exp Rate to something less than 1 in the main menu, it does revert back to 1. The slider is fixed once the game has started.
Thanks for your mod! It's lovely.
Removed.

I guess I have an idea of what is causing the exp rate to revert back to 1, I'll see if removing a code here will fix that, but I hope that doesn't make the exp rate be fixed at 0 by default.

And thanks, I'll try making it cooler and cooler as time passes.

Edit:. Are you on multiplayer? Is the mod working on it?

New NExperience update is out now.
Removed the monster level info shown on the lower part of the screen, after it has been hit.
Added two new client options:
-Biome Level Persists on Screen? : Disabling it will make the biome level fade away after some time.​
-Display Biome Level on the left corner? : Very explicit.​
Pre hardmode bosses on hardmode will now get the same damage boost as pre hardmode npcs, If you have the option of boosting them on hardmode on.
Mod monsters will no longer invade events or certain biomes spawns.
Regular RPG Mode changes:
-The Hallow now has It's level set to the same as the Corruption and the Crimson.​
-Frost Moon and Pumpkin Moon event monsters gained their own levels.​
The exp text will be partially shown as yellow based on the percentage of exp you have on your character. At least that feels a bit the lack of exp bar, I guess.
Mod npcs no longer spawns during Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon.
Pre Hardmode monsters will no longer gain status bonus on Expert mode.
The Level and Exp display will no longer be shown in front of the event progress hud.
Well, It's being troublesome to try using the config menu of the mod loader to change the game mode. I guess I'll try making so you can change the game mode while in-game instead, and only use the mod loader config menu to save/load the current game mode id.

By the way, anyone who can make a mod can create It's own game mode. The only bad is that due to the mod being closed source right now, there is no way of you knowing how to create a game mode for the mod.

The next update the mod will be open source, so you can see how it works, aswell as how you can make your own game modes.

Back
Top Bottom