tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

DPS when drowning is very underwhelming.
Damage when enemies swim in lava is minimal.
DOT debuffs are also very underwhelming, but there's a mod that fixes that.
That's it.
I know about those issues. tModLoader doesn't have a hook to allow changing the effect of debuffs and drowning, or lava damage, so I'll have to work around that to add the damage scaling.

I know about those issues. tModLoader doesn't have a hook to allow changing the effect of debuffs and drowning, or lava damage, so I'll have to work around that to add the damage scaling.
How about removing the lava damage, but not the on fire debuff, then add another debuff that will deal damage that replaces lava damage but will scale according to the entity's Max HP? Will that work?

How about removing the lava damage, but not the on fire debuff, then add another debuff that will deal damage that replaces lava damage but will scale according to the entity's Max HP? Will that work?
The only way of removing lava damage, would be by making the player immune to it. For the player, It may be possible to scale the damage (Yes, may), as for npcs, I dunno.

Mod suggestion: Crit Damage multiplier.
I have not seen any mod that allows modification of Crit Damage. And hey! You might be the first one to make it. It shouldn't be that hard I think. Also it would help with the skill tree for the calc. I'll add some Xenoblade references in there.
Buster I, Smash I, Bigger Crits, Extreme Crits, Head Start: Speed I, Head Start: Jump I

Mod suggestion: Crit Damage multiplier.
I have not seen any mod that allows modification of Crit Damage. And hey! You might be the first one to make it. It shouldn't be that hard I think. Also it would help with the skill tree for the calc. I'll add some Xenoblade references in there.
Buster I, Smash I, Bigger Crits, Extreme Crits, Head Start: Speed I, Head Start: Jump I
Critical Damage multiplier certainly is interesting, would even be more interesting to add critical damage bonus than critical rate given by status. And probably that will end up op overtime, but whatever, It's the build.

Ps:. Never played Xenoblade, so I have no idea how skills works there.

Hey ! \o. i was playing thorium + calamity + Nexperience. and something weird is happening with some bosses like

Supreme calamitas, abysson, giant clam and ceaseless void

They have huge amount of damage reduction resulting in.. even with 20x multiplier critical ( fargo souls acessories ) + 15k damage. i still only do 1-2 damage on those bosses.

Any solution for those? really love this mod. I play since the first version of Nterraria standalone \o.

Hey ! \o. i was playing thorium + calamity + Nexperience. and something weird is happening with some bosses like

Supreme calamitas, abysson, giant clam and ceaseless void

They have huge amount of damage reduction resulting in.. even with 20x multiplier critical ( fargo souls acessories ) + 15k damage. i still only do 1-2 damage on those bosses.

Any solution for those? really love this mod. I play since the first version of Nterraria standalone \o.
Hum.. Can you check the level of those guys? And what game mode are you playing on?

Also, welcome back, veteran.

Ps:. Never played Xenoblade, so I have no idea how skills works there.
Xenoblade Chronicles is the top 2 game I've played. But well, it's on the Wii. And coming soon to the Switch. I'm 95% sure most people that play Terraria don't have a Wii. But what I used is just an emulator to run Xenoblade. I recommend you to play it some time. Dev.
PS: there's no smash, jump, bigger crits and extreme crits in the original game. I just added headstart to speed because I can't just give a permanent speed buff.

Xenoblade Chronicles is the top 2 game I've played. But well, it's on the Wii. And coming soon to the Switch. I'm 95% sure most people that play Terraria don't have a Wii. But what I used is just an emulator to run Xenoblade. I recommend you to play it some time. Dev.
PS: there's no smash, jump, bigger crits and extreme crits in the original game. I just added headstart to speed because I can't just give a permanent speed buff.
Heh, I'm on the team of those who don't have a Wii or Switch. So yeah, I'll pass.
SUP Calamitas lv 55 ceeaseless lv 115

giant clam lv 55 abysson lv 65
Interesting, is your weapon of custom damage type? And you still didn't told me the game mode you're playing on.

Critical Damage multiplier certainly is interesting, would even be more interesting to add critical damage bonus than critical rate given by status. And probably that will end up op overtime, but whatever, It's the build.
In the calc I'll add perks (Yes, plural) to increase crit damage, but lower crit rate. And other perks to just increase crit rate. It's probably best to just make the mod as a separate mod since nexperience will be extremely unbalanced with crit damage increased and in the late game extremely relying on RNG with crits.

Last edited:
Heh, I'm on the team of those who don't have a Wii or Switch. So yeah, I'll pass.

Interesting, is your weapon of custom damage type? And you still didn't told me the game mode you're playing on.

Nope wasnt a weapon of custom damage type, i was using the Oracle Yo-Yo . and i was playing on the regular rpg mode.

Update 0.2.0 Released:
I changed the URL because scratch was doing things I didn't want.
Skill Tree Finally Added.
Changed Background.
And Changed way of calculating stats.
New URL: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/397707300/
Also, will you make an update for 1.4? I actually just have a gog version. So I'll update to 1.4 late.
Hum, seems interesting, but I kind of want to see that in practice.
Yep, I want to add that to the mod and see what happens. but I wonder about the world rebirth, how would It work? Or trigger it?
Maybe by killing Moon Lord?

Hum, seems interesting, but I kind of want to see that in practice.
Yep, I want to add that to the mod and see what happens. but I wonder about the world rebirth, how would It work? Or trigger it?
Maybe by killing Moon Lord?
You can world rebirth once you beat the final boss of your choice, it's recommended to beat Moon Lord first then you can rebirth your world but it's all dependent on the mods you install (Like Calamity or Thorium). Once you make the reset level button, it will work like a charm.

You can world rebirth once you beat the final boss of your choice, it's recommended to beat Moon Lord first then you can rebirth your world but it's all dependent on the mods you install (Like Calamity or Thorium). Once you make the reset level button, it will work like a charm.
Yeah, let's find out how that will work. One last question. By world reset, resets every world progress, right? Or wrong? Beside at least having to unlock hardmode again seems to be a thing.

Yeah, let's find out how that will work. One last question. By world reset, resets every world progress, right? Or wrong? Beside at least having to unlock hardmode again seems to be a thing.
To world rebirth you have to literally make a new world, making the feeling of each rebirth feel like worlds are getting stronger. Because leaving the sdmg in a chest then using it after the rebirth isn't fun.

To world rebirth you have to literally make a new world, making the feeling of each rebirth feel like worlds are getting stronger. Because leaving the sdmg in a chest then using it after the rebirth isn't fun.
Your character still has an inventory. And It wouldn't be very positive if every world you enter is temporary, even more since Terraria is also about building.

Your character still has an inventory. And It wouldn't be very positive if every world you enter is temporary, even more since Terraria is also about building.
Now this is a problem. Maybe there should be a subworld where you can choose the world you want to go to, and you could build a hub for it. Anyways you could go back into the other worlds but their stat multipliers will be the same before you rebirthed and you can't gain any exp for it. But you can build there, and weapons gained in this world will be significantly weaker in the next world (I'm saying sdmg being just barely stronger than the copper shortsword). I'll also add the buffrings mod, it will be a part of the skill tree. There will be a lot of mods you have to download to complete the tree.

Back
Top Bottom