tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

Thanks for the update and making it open-source! The non-fractional exp rate does still persist, it appears, but I shouldn't nag.
Thanks for the efforts!

It's just that levelling up in the early stages does proceed extremely quickly at the beginning, which does bug me somehow. I don't know about the later game.

Thanks for the update and making it open-source! The non-fractional exp rate does still persist, it appears, but I shouldn't nag.
Thanks for the efforts!

It's just that levelling up in the early stages does proceed extremely quickly at the beginning, which does bug me somehow. I don't know about the later game.
It's not open source yet, It will only be open source on the next update.
And It's still weird that the exp rate mod isn't working.

Do notice that the Basic RPG Mode is really quick to level up, If you want leveling to take longer, play on Regular RPG Mode and It's variants.

And a little spoiler of what I've been working on since launched the last update.
Good luck guessing what is that level type for.

huge problem, i changed the game mode to hardcore as the enemies ended up dying too fast, and turned on biome level cap and my level reset to 1 with over 1 million exp needed to level up
0-0
Edit: okay so i assume its just a feature, since i switched it back to basic and it went back to normal, if i go on regular rpg its back on 1 but only needs a little over 100 exp to level, so yea hardcore is gonna need a massive nerf XD

Last edited:
huge problem, i changed the game mode to hardcore as the enemies ended up dying too fast, and turned on biome level cap and my level reset to 1 with over 1 million exp needed to level up
0-0
Edit: okay so i assume its just a feature, since i switched it back to basic and it went back to normal, if i go on regular rpg its back on 1 but only needs a little over 100 exp to level, so yea hardcore is gonna need a massive nerf XD
No, It's not a feature. That's a bug.
During a certain moment of N Terraria 6 development, the old team members were complaining about the past level 100 max exp increase, so I had to add an alternative max exp curve past level 100, but that isn't supposed to be valid when playing on Hardcore RPG Mode.
The problem is that when I re-added the Regular RPG Mode and It's variants on NExperience mod, I forgot to add the condition that checks if the game mode is the hardcore rpg mode, when checking if will use the normal max exp calculator.

Looks like I'll have to launch the update with the fix some time soon. Meanwhile, play with the other game modes, or try getting to level 2.

Here comes the update that fixed Hardcore RPG Mode. So... Managed to reach level 2?
Clicking a status increase or decrease button while holding shift now increases/decreases the skill point 10 times.
Regular RPG Mode
-Added an option to disable the max exp nerf past level 100.​
Hardcore RPG Mode
-Fixed a bug where the maximum exp was absurdly high.​
NExperience mod source is now open.

Due to the latest Steam event, I had the crazy idea about making a Steam Group Chat for the mods. I'd use Discord for that, but my pc really dislikes when Discord runs with other programs, so yeah, can't run anything else with it opened.

Give me your input on what do you think of this idea, maybe that can even help on the development of the mod, If I don't overdo it.

Hey guys, I've opened a Steam Group Chat for my mods. If you want another place to chat, get support or other things, feel free to.
You can still use the thread, though, I wont hurt your sense of choice on how you'll get your questions answered.

Edit:. @schueler I've caught the bug you mentioned happening, It happened when I was in-game, but didn't tested if it happens when you access the mod config menu at the main menu, on the mod management.

I changed the exp rate in the main menu. It did revert back to 1.5 (due to a special event?) every time in game and couldn't be changed. The bar was framed by white blocks, which prolly indicate that its fixed.
I'm not sure though if you mean exactly that.:)

I'm using Experience and Classes (beta) these days and their exp rate multiplier does work. Maybe you can have a look at their source on github for an alternative implementation.

I changed the exp rate in the main menu. It did revert back to 1.5 (due to a special event?) every time in game and couldn't be changed. The bar was framed by white blocks, which prolly indicate that its fixed.
I'm not sure though if you mean exactly that.:)

I'm using Experience and Classes (beta) these days and their exp rate multiplier does work. Maybe you can have a look at their source on github for an alternative implementation.
Maybe that's because the version of the tModLoader I use is outdated, I should try updating it later.
Do have on mind that there is a weekly exp bonus event that happens from Friday until Sunday, so disregard that exp bonus when checking the rates.
The exp bonus is very necessary if you are playing outside of Basic RPG Mode, though. (The hundreds... Dem numbers)

I've tried to search for it, but I've been unable to find the mod on the browser, is it under a particular name?

Since some months ago, my mods are no longer on mod browser, since they for some reason... Vanished.
So the only way of getting the mod now is through the download link on the mod main post.

Since some months ago, my mods are no longer on mod browser, since they for some reason... Vanished.
So the only way of getting the mod now is through the download link on the mod main post.
That makes a lot of sense now, you aren't on discord so you weren't aware of this.
You need to republish them because they were lost.

Also I suggest you join the discord so that you can ask for anything you might need concerning that.

Attachments

• modloss.png
    modloss.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 144
Ready to break an hiatus?
Clicking a status increase or decrease button while holding shift now increases/decreases the skill point 10 times.
Regular RPG Mode
-Added an option to disable the max exp nerf past level 100.
Hardcore RPG Mode
-Fixed a bug where the maximum exp was absurdly high.
NExperience mod source is now open.
Regular RPG Mode
-Betsy is no longer the weakest monster in the Old One's Army event.
-Fixed the level of the caverns at the Hardmode. That affects all variants of the game mode too.
Free Mode has been added.
-It will be a hell to switch game modes to it after opening the game, though.
Free mode! I've restructured it to try making it a bit more fair and enjoyable. But of course, It will need some testing, so... Have fun :D.

Also, the mod is now back to ModBrowser, so free updates before everyone else!!!

Why I'm using so much exclamation??? I don't know!!! I just am doing that!!!

Hi, everybody. - Всем привет.

NExperience Mod (Eng/Rus)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
English/английский - interpreter/переводчик - Russian/русский
Strength - сила - сила
-
Agility - проворство - скорость
-
Vitality - жизнеспособность - здоровье (жизнь)
-
Intelligence - интеллигенция - интеллект
-
Dexterity - ловкость - ловкость
-
Luck - удача - счастливый
-
Charisma - харизма - качество
-
Wisdom - мудрость - знаний (умный)
(ENG) - Well, those who can't read English, so I translated them into Russian. I don't know how, right or wrong, you decide for yourself.
(RUS) - Ну это тех кто не умеет читать английский, поэтому я переводил на русский. Не знаю как, правильно или нет, решай сам.

Hi, everybody. - Всем привет.

NExperience Mod (Eng/Rus)
English/английский - interpreter/переводчик - Russian/русский
Strength - сила - сила
-
Agility - проворство - скорость
-
Vitality - жизнеспособность - здоровье (жизнь)
-
Intelligence - интеллигенция - интеллект
-
Dexterity - ловкость - ловкость
-
Luck - удача - счастливый
-
Charisma - харизма - качество
-
Wisdom - мудрость - знаний (умный)
(ENG) - Well, those who can't read English, so I translated them into Russian. I don't know how, right or wrong, you decide for yourself.
(RUS) - Ну это тех кто не умеет читать английский, поэтому я переводил на русский. Не знаю как, правильно или нет, решай сам.
So... That's a translation of the status names from english to russian?

Sorry, no change at all.
I've been working more on my companion mod than on NExperience mod, so there's not many changes either.

Back
Top Bottom