tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

Is it supposed to lose my levels if I change from rpg mode to free mode?

Also, I gain levels in free mode but I'm not getting status points when I lvl up so I'm unsure when I do get them, if it's only when I kill a boss or only every 5/10 lvls etc.

Edit: Also, when I ESC, it says my rank is IV but when I exit the invetory window, my rank is suddenly XXXIX? What is up with that?

I didn't start a new world when I changed to free mode so its' rpobably why it feels weird. Idk.

1. Is it supposed to lose my levels if I change from rpg mode to free mode?
  2. Also, I gain levels in free mode but I'm not getting status points when I lvl up so I'm unsure when I do get them, if it's only when I kill a boss or only every 5/10 lvls etc.
  3. Edit: Also, when I ESC, it says my rank is IV but when I exit the invetory window, my rank is suddenly XXXIX? What is up with that?
  4. I didn't start a new world when I changed to free mode so its' rpobably why it feels weird. Idk.
  1. Your levels are safe, the thing is that each game mode has their own levels, status and stuff.
  2. Actually. Each free mode rank is equal to 10 levels. Each 10% of the exp bar on Free Mode equals to 1 level. You need a total of 100 level ups to acquire a status point, which means you need to gain 10 rank levels. (In case you are confused, you need to increase your rank 10 times.)
  3. I have a logic answer for that. It's a bug.
  4. No, It isn't. As I said above, It's a bug.
I'll see about those issues.

@topic, also, I'll try fixing the game mode mayhem by allowing you to change it while in the world, and binding it to the world. That may fix the problem of it resetting when restarting the game.

NExperience mod has gained one of It's most wanted updates, and sorry, isn't about multiplayer right now, beside...

Changed how game modes are handled in the mod.
Now the game modes are bound to the world.
To change the game mode, you need to open the inventory, and click on the biome level info.
After picking the game mode, you will have to reload the world for it to enter in effect.
Don't you hate it when the game mode resets everytime you reopen the game? Now It will no longer happen, since not only the game mode is bound to the world, but also you can edit it while in-game.

To edit it in-game, you have to open the inventory, and click on the biome level info, It will open the game mode selector.
After selecting the game mode, It will be set to effect when you reload the world.

Don't forget to change the game mode when entering a new world, since It wont change to the last set game mode automatically.

Enjoy :D

Little hotfix coming.
Fixed the Exp Rate setting. It will no longer use the same variable as the global exp multiplier of the mod.
Added a option to disable the 50% status boost gain on monsters, when a Bloodmoon is happening. This is only valid for Regular RPG like game modes.
A player reported this issue a on one of the pages in this thread. I thought It was a tModLoader problem. Now, I'm a moron.
I used the same variable for the Exp Rates readjusting, on the setting for exp rate, so the exp rate never changed from 100% and 150% (Weekend event).

@schueler, It... Was really a bug. Oops. I should've checked the variable with more attention.

In case you don't understand the numbers of the ranks, I'll place here a chart so you can actually try reading them.
If you noticed, they are in roman numbers.
I = 1
V = 5
X = 10
L = 50
C = 100
D = 500
M = 1000

A lower value number before a higher value number is a subtraction, so IV = 4. The inverse is a sum, so VI = 6.
Have fun trying to figure out the ranks. Hahaha.

New Update comes.
-Regular RPG Mode
Nerfed defense bonus given by status by half.​
-Free Mode
Added an option to remove the boss level nerf.​
The mod will now apply opacity correctly on the biome level, when the option to auto hide biome level is set.
Biome name and level are always shown when the inventory is opened. And will be shown on the upper center of the screen.
Nerfed defense gained by pre hardmode monsters, when the option of making them tougher on hardmode is on.
The option of making pre hardmode monsters tougher no longer works on expert worlds.
Added an option to add a status level capper to game modes.
Currently, only Regular RPG Mode and variants makes use of this.​
A number of those changes were made because they were broken. I can try adding it back in an actually working way If someone actually misses it.

Also, the status level capper is a system from late N Terraria mods, I don't remember If It came on N Terraria 6, or if was a feature coming on N Terraria 7, but It tries to nerf the weapon and armors status based on the player current status level.
It's not perfect the system, there is still more work I need to do to make the player not be overkill when facing low level creatures with end game equipments, but at least It wont be extremelly easy to beat them.

The purpose of the system isn't to demoralize the player, but instead to make the gameplay still have some challenge, even when facing a low level monster.

A update is now live.
Silenced the crash that happens when checking the level of npcs and monsters.
I really have no idea of what is causing the crash, neither the crash logs tells what is the problem.​
The position of the level when you pass over the mouse on npcs and players is now above the mouse pointer.
This update fixes and doesn't fixes the problem of crashing to the desktop when checking the level of monsters. You will no longer have the game crash violently, because of that, but the mod loader will still warn that the crash happened and exists.

That's a cheap solution to the problem, but I really am being unable to find out what is causing the nullexception error, the crash log points at a Vector2 creation, but that doesn't makes sense. Neither adding null checking on both npcs and their mod calls avoids the crash, so this temporary solution will be in place until I find out what went wrong.

Can you add a command? (Sooner or later, it doesn't really matter to me when)

Also:

1 - The EXP bar on the bottom right of the screen seems to go in reverse. (Starts full, and "fills down") The EXP amount (Number & Percentage) work just fine though.

2 - It's possible to upgrade any stat up to and beyond 1000, even if you don't have the required SP available, due to SP returning to the value it was before you leveled, +1. (From that level you just gained) This allows you to go from a Lvl 10, to someone with 100+ in one or more stats, depending on how careful you are with it.

3 - One of the settings that's supposed to make grinding levels easier (past a certain level) doesn't seem to affect anything, and level up-scaling on monsters (monsters scale to your level) also doesn't seem to increase exp given, despite them being capable of having almost, if not more than 100K HP. (As a mere base-game Slime)

Can you add a command? (Sooner or later, it doesn't really matter to me when)

Also:

1 - The EXP bar on the bottom right of the screen seems to go in reverse. (Starts full, and "fills down") The EXP amount (Number & Percentage) work just fine though.

2 - It's possible to upgrade any stat up to and beyond 1000, even if you don't have the required SP available, due to SP returning to the value it was before you leveled, +1. (From that level you just gained) This allows you to go from a Lvl 10, to someone with 100+ in one or more stats, depending on how careful you are with it.

3 - One of the settings that's supposed to make grinding levels easier (past a certain level) doesn't seem to affect anything, and level up-scaling on monsters (monsters scale to your level) also doesn't seem to increase exp given, despite them being capable of having almost, if not more than 100K HP. (As a mere base-game Slime)
I dunno about adding such command because... Cheating.

1 - Does It fills in the direction of the arrow? It should be going from Gray to Yellow.

2 - I have to check that out.

3 - You mean Exp Rate? It should increase exp rate from killing monsters.
As for the option that makes monsters that scale to your level, It is intended that they give their original exp regarless of their status boost. The option is just to not make the game boring after passing the biome level.

Update launched.
Fixed exp bar filling orientation.
I guess I get that for not testing the new exp bar with new character.

Could you add a reset level option?
Yes, I can, but... I would never expect someone asking such a thing, even more since you even have an infinite leveling in the mod, depending on the options you turn on.

Edit:. Also making use of this post, Free mode has the exp bar bug...

Yes, I can, but... I would never expect someone asking such a thing, even more since you even have an infinite leveling in the mod, depending on the options you turn on.

Edit:. Also making use of this post, Free mode has the exp bar bug...

Well, I would like to have it in the mod since I really like RPGs that have a prestige mechanic. But just adding it would be good enough in my case because there are mods that could take care of the prestige job.

Also I found a bug in all modes that when you get too much exp from one enemy, your exp goes negative and you won't be able to go back into the world with your character with the gamemode you were choosing with that character. When you try to enter the world with said negative exp, it would crash terraria upon loading.

Well, I would like to have it in the mod since I really like RPGs that have a prestige mechanic. But just adding it would be good enough in my case because there are mods that could take care of the prestige job.

Also I found a bug in all modes that when you get too much exp from one enemy, your exp goes negative and you won't be able to go back into the world with your character with the gamemode you were choosing with that character. When you try to enter the world with said negative exp, it would crash terraria upon loading.
Prestige mechanic? What would that be like?

Also, I'll investigate that crashing issue. Do you have the log of the recent crash?

Prestige mechanic? What would that be like?

Also, I'll investigate that crashing issue. Do you have the log of the recent crash?
Prestige in RPGs are like soft resets. You lose your all your levels, but you gain SP or a bonus for something that could really help in the long run. Even though Clicker Heroes isn't a RPG, the game does it very well, here's the link: Ascension

Somehow it doesn't crash anymore, but the negative exp thing still persists. Can't find the log anywhere now.

Last edited:
Prestige in RPGs are like soft resets. You lose your all your levels, but you gain SP or a bonus for something that could really help in the long run. Even though Clicker Heroes isn't a RPG, the game does it very well, here's the link: Ascension

Somehow it doesn't crash anymore, but the negative exp thing still persists. Can't find the log anywhere now.
Ugh. That kind of Prestige system haunted me a lot when playing mobile games, even more endless games. In the end they didn't really looked like benefits, instead, ended up being more grind walls to overcome.

That remember me of my attempts of adding reborn system on N Terraria, where your level gets resetted to 1 and you level up all over again, but I don't think I even managed to finish that.

The mod surelly could offer some kind of benefit for reaching max level and resetting the level cap, but I don't really think that status points are a good reward. (And possibly that can end up breaking balance if the mod gets multiplayer support)

Yep, more thinking for me, but not right now, since It's nearly 7am, and I need some sleep.

Ugh. That kind of Prestige system haunted me a lot when playing mobile games, even more endless games. In the end they didn't really looked like benefits, instead, ended up being more grind walls to overcome.

That remember me of my attempts of adding reborn system on N Terraria, where your level gets resetted to 1 and you level up all over again, but I don't think I even managed to finish that.

The mod surelly could offer some kind of benefit for reaching max level and resetting the level cap, but I don't really think that status points are a good reward. (And possibly that can end up breaking balance if the mod gets multiplayer support)

Yep, more thinking for me, but not right now, since It's nearly 7am, and I need some sleep.
Until you wake up, I have a question and a suggestion (Sorry if i sound like a nerd or seeming to be posting too much).
1.Is the stat increase for each level up multiplicative, or exponential?
2.Maybe you could have a config for stat growth for each stat (HP, Defense, Damage, ETC).

Until you wake up, I have a question and a suggestion (Sorry if i sound like a nerd or seeming to be posting too much).
1.Is the stat increase for each level up multiplicative, or exponential?
2.Maybe you could have a config for stat growth for each stat (HP, Defense, Damage, ETC).
1. Multiplicative most likelly.
2. The problem of adding such config, is the fact that there are multiple game modes. If I add such thing, will most likelly be on the game mode settings (and possibly world bound, maybe).

Back
Top Bottom