tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

Not exactly, I actually can, but I think I shouldn't try making the game reset the world state to pre hardmode, or else It may generate hallow and corruption again, leading to new issues. Maybe It could reset the other bosses status? And add a requirement where you need to beat almost bosses in the game to unlock the world level up?
I didn't think about that. That might work too.

What the... What was the latest version of It?
Well, whatever.

Update launched:
Fixed the padding distance the Level text gets when your character level shows effective level.
The damage of the Wall of Flesh Eye projectiles will no longer be scaled by game modes.
-Free Mode
If a monster rank has more than 3 Ms, It will show xM+MMM before the rank levels, to reduce the number of letters for the level.
Traps will now hurt, you and the monsters.
And Falling Sands too, but they wont hurt you.
-Regular RPG Mode
You can now gain extra summon slot for every 100 CHA points spent.
Defense multiplier, aswell as damage multiplers will no longer make the characters status overflow.
Added an option to turn on the max mana boosts given by game modes.
Due to that, some game modes now offers mana bonus.
You can now change instantly the game mode active.
You will only need to select the game mode, click to set It as active, then close the window.
It's recommended to only do that in a safe zone.
You can now see the level your character reached on the game mode selection.
If you didn't played on that game mode, the mod will tell, instead.
Added new interface for status management.
You can now change game mode on It too, If you don't have any status points to be invested on your character.
Yes, you can no longer open the game mode change window by clicking on the biome name.

Wait, the last update was in March?! Holy...
Well, sorry for the delay?

Okay, I slacked a bit on the mod development, but at least managed to change the interface of the status changing.
Have fun.

Hotfix launched:
Passing the mouse over the status will now show a description of It.
It's really hard to make your build if you don't know what your status does.

A minor update is out:
Made NExperience and TerraClasses interfaces not get over one another.
You can now change the lower right exp bar position on the mod personal options.
Sadly, the positioning is based on a decimal multiplication of your game screen size, so you'll need to change the position by decimal values.
Now both mods can coexists on peace. Probably.

Hey I just recently installed this mod after trying to install the N terraria test files you have posted for 1.4 which I hope to try.
The N terraria files didn't work for me.
And playing with this mod a bit I leveled a few levels in free mode but I don't get stat points for some reason when leveling, any idea why?

Hey I just recently installed this mod after trying to install the N terraria test files you have posted for 1.4 which I hope to try.
The N terraria files didn't work for me.
And playing with this mod a bit I leveled a few levels in free mode but I don't get stat points for some reason when leveling, any idea why?
Wait. The test version of N Terraria is for Terraria 1.3. Due to some changes on Terraria content folder brought by Terraria 1.4, N Terraria test version doesn't working anymore. It would be necessary for me to review what is missing, or changed on Terraria 1.4, and then make the mod load It.

As for the Free Mode not giving you stat points, is because It works like this right now, let's see if I can explain.
So... Every Free Mode Rank has 10 exp bars that needs to be filled, and each exp bar is the same as 10 levels, so filling one exp bar is like leveling up 10 times.
Due to the exp bar change this mod got a number of updates ago, you possibly can't see those exp bars anymore, but each 10% of exp is like leveling up 1 exp bar.

To gain a status points, you need to level up 100 times, in other words, rank up your character.

It got clearer or did I made It more confusing?

Wait. The test version of N Terraria is for Terraria 1.3. Due to some changes on Terraria content folder brought by Terraria 1.4, N Terraria test version doesn't working anymore. It would be necessary for me to review what is missing, or changed on Terraria 1.4, and then make the mod load It.

As for the Free Mode not giving you stat points, is because It works like this right now, let's see if I can explain.
So... Every Free Mode Rank has 10 exp bars that needs to be filled, and each exp bar is the same as 10 levels, so filling one exp bar is like leveling up 10 times.
Due to the exp bar change this mod got a number of updates ago, you possibly can't see those exp bars anymore, but each 10% of exp is like leveling up 1 exp bar.

To gain a status points, you need to level up 100 times, in other words, rank up your character.

It got clearer or did I made It more confusing?
Thank you for the quick replay,
Yeah I can see how it works now, What if I enable the infinite leveling option? does it works on the regular rpg mode to skip the level cap in case my friends want to play that way, Or do I need to enable it for the free mode as well? I think the free mode is more balanced that way so its great in my opinion.
I know this part is a bit random but, I started to study software engineer this year in the university so I am only a beginner but would like to get into Modding terraria as a side project/ another way to practice more than what they give me. Any tips where to start from what to look for online?

Thank you for the quick replay,
Yeah I can see how it works now, What if I enable the infinite leveling option? does it works on the regular rpg mode to skip the level cap in case my friends want to play that way, Or do I need to enable it for the free mode as well? I think the free mode is more balanced that way so its great in my opinion.
I know this part is a bit random but, I started to study software engineer this year in the university so I am only a beginner but would like to get into Modding terraria as a side project/ another way to practice more than what they give me. Any tips where to start from what to look for online?
Pft, free mode is more balanced, right. Free mode level cap is literally integer max cap, so there is no need of using infinite leveling for It. Infinite leveling will only have effect if you play any other game mode, since they have a level cap of about level 130.

If you're interessed in modding Terraria, first you need knowledge with the programming language It uses, which is C#. If you know C# and how It works, tModLoader wiki can help you with the rest.

If you don't know C#, SoloLearn can help you with that. If you have knowledge with Java, you will find It very familiar, just don't mix those two, because they are not the same!

It is recommended that you have a program to allow you peek on Terraria codes, so you can browse through It, and find out how you can do some of the stuffs in It. And also probably learn what not to do during software development meanwhile, but that's another thing.

Awesome, thank you for helping out.
I did program 2 years ago with java, mainly python now in the university.
Will check out the wiki for additional information and start working on some C#.
Will keep following on your progress with the mods,
Have a great week!.

Missed me?
Passing the mouse over the status will now show a description of It.
Leveling on Regular, Hardcore, Softcore and Basic RPG Modes is now harder.
Changed the GetExpReward() method on GameModeBase class.
Instead of asking for a Grade between 0 to 10, It will ask for a Level between 0 to 100, to determine the exp reward given. 0 is equal to lowest reward level, while 100 is like end game reward level.
The Difficulty variable will determine in decimal values, the percentage of exp given by that level. If you set It to 0,15, for example, will give you 15% exp for that level.
Also changed the default method to get the exp reward depending on level and difficulty.
By default, It will be: ExpReward = ExpFormula(Level / 100 * MaxLevel) * Difficulty.
On RegularRPG Mode and their variants, the formula is more complex, since the Level of the exp reward starts to drop a bit after reward level 10.
You can get exp from digging, depending on game mode, and what you are digging.
The following activities also gives exp:
Using the Extractor, Catching a fish, and Crafting Items.
That day event will now trigger, and give you exp bonus.
Fixed a bug where you couldn't get exp bonus from weekend event.
Level will be set to 55% of the level you had before the update.
The exp will be set to 0, and status points invested will be reset.
Readjusted the status text and buttons, to avoid them taking too much of the interface, and also avoid clicking 2 status at once.
Well Fed buff gives you 10% more exp.
Leveling is no longer absurdly fast, and is somewhat more enjoyable and harder, includding on earlier levels. The exp bonus given by the weekend now have effect on your leveling too.

I also restructured the "GetExpReward()" method, to make It less harder to give exp reward to the player, in case some mod decides to give exp reward for accomplishing something. A few game features makes use of that, like the fishing and their quest. In the future, some of my mod activities may give exp. Yep, I'm looking at you, TerraGuardians mod.

What you guys may end up being depressed about, is the fact that your level will drop by 55% percent, and I say that you guys should be thankful, since the initial plan was dropping to 1. (Let's ignore the fact that I also reduced the status points per level :p)

Have fun :D

A new NExperience Mod update is here!
Added Luck Factor.
Luck factor will influence a number of things in the game.
Extra loot rate is affected by It.
You can end up avoiding attack by sheer luck.
Fishing fish stack also may be affected by that, but quest fish wont be affected by that.
Sadly, you can also be lucky on catching trash.
Fixed a bug where you always had 200% exp.
Invasions will now give you a exp reward for completting them.
Waves events will also give you a exp reward upon passing another wave.
The Luck Factor will certainly make things more interesting on your gameplay.
Also, since I fixed the always 200% exp issue, yep, leveling will be a bit harder.
Time to find ways of acquiring some extra exp. :3

A hotfix to the previous update just came:
Fixed a problem where the only exp multiplier was the one specific by character.
Fixed an issue where the global exp rate bonus was being checked twice.
Luck and Very Lucky kills now awards more exp.
Luck kills awards 2 times more exp, while Very Lucky awards 8 times more exp.
I was finding very weird that It was taking way too long to reach level 48, until I decided to pass the mouse over the exp bar.

NExperience Mod Update is out now!
The mod will now correctly receive informations from TerraClasses mod, so It hides/shows the status hud when necessary.
-Regular RPG Mode
-> The Ice Caves are no longer easier than the normal Caves.
Added Dinok Mode.
-> On Dinok Mode, your character level is force capped at 1.
-> All monsters levels up normally.
-> Monsters will not gain defense bonus based on their level.
-> You can turn It on/off on the game mode selection window.
Added a new factor to the player:
-> Now you can alter the critical damage you inflict on the monsters. Check your game mode status to find out how to increase this.
The mod will now automatically reset your status, when an abnormal status distribution happen:
-> Example: You spent all your status points, and now they count as negative.
Waves your survive that gives you less than 0,1% of exp reward, will no longer shows as you getting 0% exp reward. Instead, will show that you got a very small amount of exp reward.
-> This is only valid if you set the mod to show exp as percentage.
The mod will now be more direct when changing game modes.
-> The button "Set Game Mode as Active" was renamed to "Activate".
-> The said button above, now instantly changes game mode, be careful of when you change game mode, by the way.
There is now a link to the wiki pages of the game mode you're checking.
You guys must be asking yourselves right now, or preparing to ask me: Why did you added a game mode that forces the character level to 1?
My answer is simple: Have fun :)

Edit:. Be sure to join the Discord Server to share your experiences, and the Steam Group to know when a mod update arrives!

Last edited:
I didn't really worked on the multiplayer aspect of the mod, because beside I don't have an idea of how I can test It to see if It's working propertly, but also tmodloader netsync is messy.
So literally, I'll have to do experiment with It some time.

I didn't really worked on the multiplayer aspect of the mod, because beside I don't have an idea of how I can test It to see if It's working propertly, but also tmodloader netsync is messy.
So literally, I'll have to do experiment with It some time.
the host and play basically allows you to run it in a server environment and i'm willing to do testing on my end for you if needed.

I was messing a while ago on the codes for multiplayer, and somehow managed to lock the client connection to server...
I'll try working some other time on It again, to see if I can make netsync work. At least now I can run 2 game clients and a server at the same time, so It eases a lot.

Edit:. Ninja'd!

the host and play basically allows you to run it in a server environment and i'm willing to do testing on my end for you if needed.
Good news. I managed to get multiplayer sync work, at least mostly, since It still needs testing, and an extra little thing...
Currently, anyone can change game modes, and flip the switch of Dinok Mode on/off anytime, and I'll need to think how I'll restrict that.

Anyways, as I said, only testing during a playthrough to find out if the net sync works as intended.

Well, I launched an update with the debug version of NExperience Mod multiplayer.
Sadly, there is no way of turning on/off debugging multiplayer, though.
Anyone can simply change game modes and flip dinok mode at will during gameplay, so beware of trolls when testing It.

Other than that, the multiplayer seems mostly functional.

Full patch note here:
Dinok Mode will now play the correct sound when activating It.
Multiplayer test has been launched. Report bugs on mod thread or discord.

Simply update the mod to get the test version.

Have fun, and report any bugs you find to me, beside 2 of them are actually known:
  • Npcs levels may not be sync'd correctly.
  • The game can show na exception message because it tries sending net message to a player who just disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom