tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. For the most part, I just can't think up names very well.

Nah, the names are pretty varied in quality - the Night Piper sounds awesome, but while I see where you were coming from the Light's Spear sounds more like a Hallowed weapon ( the Corrupt sword's name means to be the enemy of light - a cause of great distress or annoyance (Google) Light's Bane is the bane of Light's existence) it could instead be called Shadows' Assegai, and maybe Night Time could be New Moon.
The Death Edge could be the Brink of Death, and the Coded Blade changed to Cryptogram Saber.
(Though it's not a name , it would be cool if the Coders Tome would make an area around the mouse that was really low quality and weird that would do damage) The Death pipe might be the Killer Blowgun, and the Death Miner would be Grave Miner. Coded Mines into Data Miner, and the Coded Bow and Pipe into Cipher Bow and Cipher Pipe, respectively.
Very nice sprites and overall idea! Also love your bow design! :happy:

Nah, the names are pretty varied in quality - the Night Piper sounds awesome, but while I see where you were coming from the Light's Spear sounds more like a Hallowed weapon ( the Corrupt sword's name means to be the enemy of light - a cause of great distress or annoyance (Google) Light's Bane is the bane of Light's existence) it could instead be called Shadows' Assegai, and maybe Night Time could be New Moon.
The Death Edge could be the Brink of Death, and the Coded Blade changed to Cryptogram Saber.
(Though it's not a name , it would be cool if the Coders Tome would make an area around the mouse that was really low quality and weird that would do damage) The Death pipe might be the Killer Blowgun, and the Death Miner would be Grave Miner. Coded Mines into Data Miner, and the Coded Bow and Pipe into Cipher Bow and Cipher Pipe, respectively.
Very nice sprites and overall idea! Also love your bow design! :happy:
Before I say my thoughts on this, I'd just like to say a decent bit of the names are more of "placeholders" then actual names they're gonna have.

The Light's Spear does sound more like a hallowed weapon, might change that to... Yari of Shadows? Not quite sure on that one...
New Moon does sound better than Night Time, will probably change it to that when I update the post soon.
But I like the name Dead Edge...
I'd kinda rather keep the Coded Blade having Code in the name, since the name for the things tends to be based around the sword. Also, doesn't a saber look a bit different?
(Interesting idea. Me not knowing code, however, means I need a coder to do the stuff, so currently it's just sprites)
Killer Blowgun isn't too bad, might change it to that, or something based on that, soon.
Grave Miner... Pretty good, but Grave Robber/Digger makes more sense.
Data Miner sounds PERFECT.
Cipher isn't bad, however I am probably gonna have the pipe be changed to a dart rifle type thing soon, so Cipher Pipe, if I do change it to a dart rifle type thing, makes less sense.

Thanks! I thought the idea was good, hence why I'm gonna make a whole mod based around the idea, and I have a decent bit of pride in my sprites.

Before I say my thoughts on this, I'd just like to say a decent bit of the names are more of "placeholders" then actual names they're gonna have.

The Light's Spear does sound more like a hallowed weapon, might change that to... Yari of Shadows? Not quite sure on that one...
New Moon does sound better than Night Time, will probably change it to that when I update the post soon.
But I like the name Dead Edge...
I'd kinda rather keep the Coded Blade having Code in the name, since the name for the things tends to be based around the sword. Also, doesn't a saber look a bit different?
(Interesting idea. Me not knowing code, however, means I need a coder to do the stuff, so currently it's just sprites)
Killer Blowgun isn't too bad, might change it to that, or something based on that, soon.
Grave Miner... Pretty good, but Grave Robber/Digger makes more sense.
Data Miner sounds PERFECT.
Cipher isn't bad, however I am probably gonna have the pipe be changed to a dart rifle type thing soon, so Cipher Pipe, if I do change it to a dart rifle type thing, makes less sense.

Thanks! I thought the idea was good, hence why I'm gonna make a whole mod based around the idea, and I have a decent bit of pride in my sprites.

Good points everywhere. It's your mod of course, and I won't be offended if you take inspiration or don't use any of my stuff at all.
I wish I could help with the mod, but the most I know about coding is from simple experiments with Minecraft commands..

I've decided to update the post at least once a week, if I haven't updated it sometime during the week by Friday, then I'll update it. I'll probably have new stuff, after all! However, saying just that isn't super interesting, so have some new sprites to see! These will be added to the post when I update the post!
PickaxeofNight.png
TruePickaxeofNight.png
PipeofShadows.png
FlamingPipe.png
NightlyPiper2.png
TrueNightlyPiper2.png

Night Pickaxe now exists, and a resprite to the Nightly Piper!

So... I tried making a True Twilight Memory, (Or two True Twilight Memory) and neither look the best... They kinda suck.
Here's how they look, because REASONS! (Also a couple others, for hype of an update to the post, I guess)
View attachment 109405 View attachment 109406 View attachment 109404 View attachment 109403 View attachment 109407 View attachment 109411 View attachment 109410
cool:D:D:D
[doublepost=1464729841,1464729340][/doublepost]NO i just talking that before i find this mod i planned this im not telling you can help me

Alas, today be the day the post is updated! 12 new items, and 2 re-sprites! Find out more in updates spoiler, or see if something has - New! or - Re-sprited! after the sprite!

Also, it turns out that all this time I forgot to include the True Twilight Memory... Not sure how that happened.

Well, I tried making a new "True Dead Edge", and this is what came out.
TrueDeadEdge - Copy.png

I feel that it looks more... Grotesque, compared to this version(Original)
TrueDeadEdge.png

Does that mean I'll go with it? I don't know. Does that mean I'm asking for people's thoughts on it? Yes, yes it does.

I like the original better
Important question towards this - Why? What's the problem with the new? What could make it better, in your opinion? Are the questions I'm most curious of. Does that mean people have to answer these questions? Not necessarily, no. Does that mean people know why they prefer something? Not always, no. But these would be, obviously, more helpful to answer.

I do have a couple grievances with the new, however. Probably could make it better.

Important question towards this - Why? What's the problem with the new? What could make it better, in your opinion? Are the questions I'm most curious of. Does that mean people have to answer these questions? Not necessarily, no. Does that mean people know why they prefer something? Not always, no. But these would be, obviously, more helpful to answer.

I do have a couple grievances with the new, however. Probably could make it better.

Well
1 The new one just doesnt look like a sword. It doesnt have the feel
2 Its way too overdesigned
3 maybe slim it down a bit and take off a little bit of the extra detail?

Well
1 The new one just doesnt look like a sword. It doesnt have the feel
2 Its way too overdesigned
3 maybe slim it down a bit and take off a little bit of the extra detail?
All of these points are valid, and true. I may have just gone above what I should have when making it - it's happened a couple times before. I'll try something else for it either later or tomorrow. Don't really need to make a new one, the original is pretty good, after all.

I actually made the second try on the new True Dead Edge on the same day as the first try, but laziness meant I didn't show it. I do have multiple new sprites to show along with it though, so yay!
TrueDeadEdge2 - Copy.png
DeadFlail.png
DataMiner - Copy.png
BrokenHeroSpear.png
BrokenHeroSpear - Copy.png

Possible re-sprite for the Data Miner included. I want to do a bit more in terms of the bright red on the blade, but I wasn't sure what else to do at the time.
Original Data Miner -
DataMiner.png

"Fire under the cover of night..."
NightFire.png

I may add more light parts, but that would have to happen tomorrow.

I've also made the True Decayed Gears a new sprite, to be in line with the new sprite I made for the Decayed Gears a decent while ago.

I actually made the second try on the new True Dead Edge on the same day as the first try, but laziness meant I didn't show it. I do have multiple new sprites to show along with it though, so yay!
View attachment 120093 View attachment 120092 View attachment 120094 View attachment 120091 View attachment 120090
Possible re-sprite for the Data Miner included. I want to do a bit more in terms of the bright red on the blade, but I wasn't sure what else to do at the time.
Original Data Miner - View attachment 120095
I like the original data miner better to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom