tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I seriously need to update the post. But I don't want to update the post. So, I guess here's stuff I've done since last update to post. May have already seen some of them. For the couple of re-sprites, I'd like to know what people prefer. So, yeah, here's what I've done.
TrueDeadEdge.png
TrueDeadEdge2 - Copy.png
DataMiner.png
DataMiner - Copy.png

BrokenHeroSpear.png
BrokenHeroSpear - Copy.png
NightFire.png
NightFire - Copy.png

TrueDecayedGears.png
DeadFlail.png
DungeonMiner.png
BoneStaff.png

DuskStaff.png
TrueDuskStaff.png
HarbingerofDeath.png
DeadSummon.png

Normally, for this I'd remove the white backgrounds, but I just don't feel like it.

Although you probably don't trust me. Got some ideas if you want.

Attachments

• Blood Scarab.png
    Blood Scarab.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Rhino Beetle.png
    Rhino Beetle.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Book Of Souls.png
    Book Of Souls.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 113
I, from the beginning of starting work on this mod, already had the ideas I needed - New Night items, with adding an equivalent to Night known as Dead. The plan is to make a weapon for them of pretty much all weapon types, which means I'll also need to make new Jungle, Dungeon, Underworld, Corruption, and Crimson items, as well as making all the True items, meaning I'd also need to make new Broken Hero Items, new Terra items, and a new equivalent to Terra, Code. I already have all the ideas this mod is gonna have.

As for sprite work, I wanna work on all the sprites myself. If multiple people were working on sprites for this, some sprites might not quite fit the style of weapons I make. Also, I already have the guns for Dead and Night, as those two guns appear to be. Wouldn't be hard to sprite the Night Tome, either.

So, I just did a bit of math, aka I used a calculator, and I figured out the total items that would be needed to have gotten all items in this mod, in theorem. There would be 252-280 items needed, some of which are already in vanilla. The 280 part is if I do sentry summons and shortswords. The math I used was that there'd be a total of 18-20 item types to be covered, and 14 is the total number of the stuff in the spoiler in the main post. Who knows, I may have overlooked a couple things, or I might decide to do Fishing Rods, Bait, Grappling Hooks, Crates, and other things. If this mod is ever completed, it will add a bunch of items, all related to the Biomes needed for Night/Dead, Night/Dead themselves, Hallowed items, True items, and Terra/Code items. That's... A decent bit of coverage across those specific moments in the game.

Spriting a Excalibur-tier yoyo is hard to make with Excalibur's colors... The colors are just to bright for what I usually do, which makes it hard to make the colors flow together! I might have to see about other colors... Hallowed Bars, Light Discs, I'm not sure.

So, I did finish the sprite for the Hallowed Yoyo, and the true version, and its design is based on the Light Disc, with Light Disc colors. Light Spin be the name, and I'd upload the image but I don't have the time to remove the white background right now.

So, quick news update, I've currently made all the yoyo's, except for Terra, that I need to make! Hurray, huzzah, kanpai! Not quite satisfied with one of them, but eh. I could probably fix it. However, I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to get spritesheets for Terraria things. I think I know, but it'd be a bit easier to get them online, if possible, me thinks.

So, quick news update, I've currently made all the yoyo's, except for Terra, that I need to make! Hurray, huzzah, kanpai! Not quite satisfied with one of them, but eh. I could probably fix it. However, I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to get spritesheets for Terraria things. I think I know, but it'd be a bit easier to get them online, if possible, me thinks.
You can use TExtract

Fun stuff - I've finished full parts, as of recent, of the yoyos and tomes! Except for Terra, bit of Broken, and a True, that need to be made for the mod! Wanna see? Here ya' go! Sorry if some have white backgrounds, pretend it's in case of not being able to see the outline, ok?
NewMoon.png
TrueNewMoon - Copy - Copy.png
DeadOn.png
TrueDeadOn - Copy.png
LightSpin.png
TrueLightSpin.png
BrokenHeroYoyo.png
CodingTricks.png

TheJungleBook.png
VileSpit.png
CrimsonBathe.png
MoonsDarkness.png
BlackPlague.png
TrueBlackPlague.png
Coded Tome.png

The rest are either vanilla, Terra, Broken Hero, and a True thing.

I'm so excited for this mod!:p
However, I have some advice for your dead weapon sprites, true dead weapon sprites, and coded weapon sprites:Try to avoid using grayscale(Instead, use very desaturated colors) and black outlines(unless it is outlining a very dark color). Some examples of how this can make your sprites look more like vanilla terraria weapons:
before:
CodedCutlass.png
DeadEdge.png
after:
CodedBlade (2).png
DeadEdge (1).png

I'm so excited for this mod!:p
However, I have some advice for your dead weapon sprites, true dead weapon sprites, and coded weapon sprites:Try to avoid using grayscale(Instead, use very desaturated colors) and black outlines(unless it is outlining a very dark color). Some examples of how this can make your sprites look more like vanilla terraria weapons:
before:
index.php
index.php
after:
index.php
index.php
I very well could. But I could do other things as well. Those sprites do look great with those colors, but I'm gonna keep my colors, for no particular reason.
Also, the Code stuff is supposed to be black and green, because that is how people show code stuff normally, not green and de-saturated green.

Hello i do really like your mod and i already made sprites and code stuff for the followings:Night's edge like:Summoner staff,Musket,pistol,flail
True:Hallowed flail,Gungnir,Dark lance.
Terra:Lance
I dont want any aggro i want to ask should i remove them from my mod or keep them?
As long as they're not my sprites, you can keep any items in your mod. It's your mod, after all.

So, I'm planning an update to the post soon-ish. First, I'd just like to finish a couple sprites - Arrows, bullets, dart shooting things, and a bunch of Terra items. But after I do that, I will probably update the post, pretty much, all of it. The lore, the way I sort the items, more humor, all of it. So expect that... Soon-ish? It might take awhile to sprite all the things the way I want.

SkullRay if you would want i might be able to help with the coding and/or spriting
I'm gonna sprite all the things myself. Towards coding, I'm not worrying about that... Yet. Currently, until I get all/most things sprited, this is a solo project. Thanks for offering, though!

I'm gonna sprite all the things myself. Towards coding, I'm not worrying about that... Yet. Currently, until I get all/most things sprited, this is a solo project. Thanks for offering, though!
if this is your first mod, i highly recommend having a team instead of just yourself. having a team means you can have more productivity. take me, zoroarkcity, quickseed40, and armyfrog's T.G.E.M. as an example, we have a small team and i can imagine it would be harder on zoroarkcity if me, quickseed40, and armyfrog hadn't showed up to sprite. and, if you want, i can be a part of that team. i'll even make some changes to the coded blade and dead edge right now to make them better than what either you or zoroarkcity did. (he's the coder and a novice spriter. (no offense))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom