tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a yoyo that splits into more segments the longer it's out? (perhaps one that can be held midair forever which costs 10 mana to summon one each, and you can only summon four) Or a yoyo that has an incredimazing range
That, from a balance standpoint, is incredibly overpowered. Being able to have four yoyo's at once is insane. Each of those could act for the Yoyo Bag, and cause up to 8, and even if they are counted the same as the yoyo bags extra it'd still be five, because of the original. And even that is to strong, because each of those are, if I assume correctly, able to have the counterweight effect. To strong for this mod, maybe for another mod, as a post moon lord thing. Maybe suggest that elsewhere, like the "Yoyo Overload" or "Yoyo Expansion" mod.

Towards the other thing, a yoyo with an insane amount of range could be done.

That, from a balance standpoint, is incredibly overpowered. Being able to have four yoyo's at once is insane. Each of those could act for the Yoyo Bag, and cause up to 8, and even if they are counted the same as the yoyo bags extra it'd still be five, because of the original. And even that is to strong, because each of those are, if I assume correctly, able to have the counterweight effect. To strong for this mod, maybe for another mod, as a post moon lord thing. Maybe suggest that elsewhere, like the "Yoyo Overload" or "Yoyo Expansion" mod.

Towards the other thing, a yoyo with an insane amount of range could be done.
the maximum range for a yoyo would be a full screen.

Why not an underpowered version of the Full Screen? (fourht wall breaking name of the yoyo, maybe a tool tip saying; "You don't know why it's called the Full Screen, but you feel the fourth wall of your house will be destroyed.", but) with larger range, but less damage.

Why not an underpowered version of the Full Screen? (fourht wall breaking name of the yoyo, maybe a tool tip saying; "You don't know why it's called the Full Screen, but you feel the fourth wall of your house will be destroyed.", but) with larger range, but less damage.
This is not the mod to be asking just about yoyo's, this mod is only going to be adding 8 yoyo's, and none are going to be like that. At all. Their gonna be far more interesting, especially in terms of when you get them.

No offence but I haven't seen a single yoyo that has been interesting since that Dark Moon one.
Does it matter if the yoyo's are interesting? In game they're gonna do stuff, namely the true versions, that are probably gonna be interesting. Sure, the sprite is important, but what they do ingame is more so. I don't know why you keep going on about yoyo's, though, because yoyo's aren't the main focus. There's far more to offer, that can be talked about.

but you just said- oh never mind, I was just suggesting some ideas that you might consider. (what mod doesn't update with new things?)

but you just said- oh never mind, I was just suggesting some ideas that you might consider. (what mod doesn't update with new things?)
Oh, I was misunderstanding what you meant in your last post, sorry. Currently, I am not coding in items, therefore the effects of the weapons are unknown, for the most part. I do not know how interesting the items are gonna be, but I do believe they shall be, mostly relating to projectile stuff. However, about what you said about updating with new things - The plan for this mod is a full imagining of sets of items in Terra Blade style, with alternatives for crimson worlds. Hopefully, by the time I release this mod, it will have all of those. After that, no more items, and I'll probably make a new mod, sorta like Thorium where items are for every point of the game, unlike this one, which is for the already mentioned imagining of Terra items. At some point I could make the stuff improvable to become the ultimate stuff, but at this point I have no plans of doing so.

Yes yes, I know this is gonna be a double post, but it turns out Excalibur and True Excalibur's sprite colors were updated. This means that I need to update some of my sprites colors, and also check if other items of hallowed bar quality were updated as well.

So, I haven't said really... Much of anything. I wasn't spriting past couple days, not quite sure why, but I should be back into doing it. And with that said, I'm trying to re-sprite the True Dead Edge. Namely making the yellow more ichor-y. I succeeded there. Not so much in getting a new red going.
TrueDeadEdge.png
TrueDeadEdge2.png
TrueDeadEdge3.png
TrueDeadEdge4 - Copy.png

First is the original. The yellow definitely looks better to me, but the change in red looks... Weird. I might just keep it the same as is currently, just a red cross with current colors. We'll see.

All of those sprites look pretty good, but the yellow ones seem....... Too short? They seem more like daggers than swords, imo.

By too short, i mean, the blade is much shorter than normal swords, and, all three after the non-yellow sprite (without white background).

By too short, i mean, the blade is much shorter than normal swords, and, all three after the non-yellow sprite (without white background).
That's weird, because all of them are actually bigger... 44 x 46 for the first, non white background, then 44 x 48 and 44 x 52... Perhaps the perception of depth is different with the white background, I don't know.

i kinda want terra armor to exist, the parts for it already do (jungle armor for the jungle, shadow scale armor for the corruption, crimtane armor for the crimson, necro armor for the dungeon, and hellstone armor for hell)

i kinda want terra armor to exist, the parts for it already do (jungle armor for the jungle, shadow scale armor for the corruption, crimtane armor for the crimson, necro armor for the dungeon, and hellstone armor for hell)
There will be Terra armor, just not quite yet. Before then I wanna work on some other things, like updating the armors I've already made, but mostly weapons of multiple sorts. However there shall definitely be Terra armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom