tModLoader Night and Crimson (Terra Stuff, basically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see what you did there:merchantwink:.
nice mod definitely will consider using in the future
Yeah, when I made it I had thought of a name, and thought it was brilliant, so I made the sprite. Could use an upgrade, might do that later...
Well, it's not like you can use it now, since it's not released.

However, in other news, I should be hopefully updating the post soon. I've said that before though, so if it's not soon don't worry, I'm just lazy or want more sprites, something like that.

Well, I've finally started updating the post! It's not quite complete, most of it is, in fact, missing, but it should give you a fill of how I'm making it. There is lots of words, so get reading!

Also, I know there is a way to change your pages name. I assume you have to contact an admin about that? I'm just wondering if anyone knows where/how to contact them.

I updated the post a bit more, removed some text to make it neater or less all over the place, and added the swords. That's all I'm saying for now, yay.

TrueGungnir2.png
TrueGungnir.png

Update to my True Gungnir, first one is the new one.
It has updated colors, to go in line with the True Excalibur's change, as well as an updated design. I think it looks nice.

Other news I have to say, I have not been spriting much for this mod, or much in general, might be laziness, might be boredom, might be distractions from YouTube, Brawlhalla, and anime, but who can really say? This basically means I haven't been making much progress on this mod, which is somewhat a shame, but things happen.

So, umm, not sure what to say now, so I guess that's all for now.

I thought the Dead Edge and True Dead Edge needed a resprite...

index.php
index.php

I'll try to do the code sword later :D

btw this isn't a blood butcherer resprite
Personally I don't like the thought of it using colors of the blood butcherer, since in what way does the night's edge use the light's bane colors?

Also this is a project that I want to sprite all the things, despite how dumb it is to sprite all the things with all the things that need sprited.

index.php
i dont realy like the sprites...i mean like they arent ugly, but it doesnt has the shiny, smooth style (even though there isnt any problem with it now being smooth) and the outlines of blade is to dark....just saying in the hope it gets better | here then it'l look like this
fc2392f0-dd50-11e6-801f-d9632ffb745f.gif
it looks way smoother and would fit way better in terraria
and the idea doesnt make that much sense....since the terrablade doesnt focus on killing the corruption, it is an blade made out of dark (night) and light (excalibur) and that you can also see in the sprite, if you put this bloodblade thing... (sorry i forgot the name) with the exalibur then it would be something else then code... and something like ... holy formed with bloody (like the terra blade bloody on the black and the alternate color on the front) i hope this helped you

index.php
i dont realy like the sprites...i mean like they arent ugly, but it doesnt has the shiny, smooth style (even though there isnt any problem with it now being smooth) and the outlines of blade is to dark....just saying in the hope it gets better | here then it'l look like this
fc2392f0-dd50-11e6-801f-d9632ffb745f.gif
it looks way smoother and would fit way better in terraria
and the idea doesnt make that much sense....since the terrablade doesnt focus on killing the corruption, it is an blade made out of dark (night) and light (excalibur) and that you can also see in the sprite, if you put this bloodblade thing... (sorry i forgot the name) with the exalibur then it would be something else then code... and something like ... holy formed with bloody (like the terra blade bloody on the black and the alternate color on the front) i hope this helped you
Dead isn't meant to be "shiny", it's meant to look dead, dying, decayed, or similar. A lot of people have said about the outline being to dark, which I'll admit it is, but to change the outline of all of the things with black outlines would take time, time which I unfortunately haven't wanted to spend working on this.

The way I see the Terra Blade, in vanilla, is that it is the blade of the game, hence the name Terra, and when it was made it was the strongest blade, until stronger ones were added. And games need code, hence the idea of the Code items as the alternative. The Terra Blade doesn't even have much in its sprite to signify the night... It's just to bright of colors, for the most part(and overall Terra items are difficult to sprite).

And you have to remember one thing - This is a mod, it doesn't have to fit in exactly how Terraria would do things, instead it can and will rely on its own ideas. I do need to work more on this though, especially the thread... But another thing to remember is that all those sprites were made by one person, and all are planned to be made by that one person. The Dead Edge was the first sprite I made for this mod, and the first sprite I made from not spriting for a good long while, and my later sprites I made are definitely probably better.

Dead isn't meant to be "shiny", it's meant to look dead, dying, decayed, or similar. A lot of people have said about the outline being to dark, which I'll admit it is, but to change the outline of all of the things with black outlines would take time, time which I unfortunately haven't wanted to spend working on this.

The way I see the Terra Blade, in vanilla, is that it is the blade of the game, hence the name Terra, and when it was made it was the strongest blade, until stronger ones were added. And games need code, hence the idea of the Code items as the alternative. The Terra Blade doesn't even have much in its sprite to signify the night... It's just to bright of colors, for the most part(and overall Terra items are difficult to sprite).

And you have to remember one thing - This is a mod, it doesn't have to fit in exactly how Terraria would do things, instead it can and will rely on its own ideas. I do need to work more on this though, especially the thread... But another thing to remember is that all those sprites were made by one person, and all are planned to be made by that one person. The Dead Edge was the first sprite I made for this mod, and the first sprite I made from not spriting for a good long while, and my later sprites I made are definitely probably better.
yea...you are right...but about the name....even though its your own idea the terra blade came from the name TERRAria and so you could also call it the skull blade because of SKULLray, i mean like...it would be an cool idea, but this is just an suggestion

yea...you are right...but about the name....even though its your own idea the terra blade came from the name TERRAria and so you could also call it the skull blade because of SKULLray, i mean like...it would be an cool idea, but this is just an suggestion
Skull items sound... Alright, but I'll keep the code stuff as is, because respriting all those to look skull-ish would take too long, and I also still prefer the code idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom