tModLoader Nightmares Unleashed! Throwing weapons, bosses, minibosses, items, and more to come!

I was wondering if you could look at one of my sprites and see if you liked it.
If you do, i can send you the actual file so you can use it if you want to. If now, could you give me tips on how to improve me spriting. Thanks

Attachments

• 1504660298233-1083964504.jpg
    1504660298233-1083964504.jpg
    856.3 KB · Views: 311
Would it be possible for the bag of blades to work with more throwing weapons? Because currently it only work for weapons in this mod.
I agree, i forgot to mention this the "Gear of the moon ninja" works with many items,

Issue #1: but the "Bag of Blades" and the "Shizoko pack" do not. In Specific, the Bone Kunai, Which happens to be from this mod, doesn't work with either of them, only with the "Gear of the moon ninja".

Issue #2: I noticed the titanium Set Bonus is just a stat buff for the throwing set, can we get the "Set Bonus: Become Immune after Striking an enemy" like Titanium armor is known for? This might be happening with other armor sets you made the Thrown helm for, might be difficult to re-create their set effects so i understand, but it would be nice to have that dodge effect as a ninja, (Titanium is my fave terraria armor, just wish the effect was on end game gear :/ oh well)

Issue #3: this has been mentioned before, yet i feel the need to mention it myself, Seriously what are with those Kunai Masters?? I understand theyre meant to make surviving hardmode a challenge, but i think they need toned down, a LOT. maybe lower their damage, but spike their health? make them mini bosses? have them spawn as rare as zombie brutes? i feel early game, zombie brutes are a nightmare to deal with, but i can at least handle taking a few hits from them, where Kunai Masters if i get hit, i have to recall and heal nearly instantly.. My Largest complaint about their damage, is when i setup for a boss(IE any Mechanical boss, OR say Calamitas from calamity mod) i setup buffs and whatnot, leave the house, spawn the boss, then BOOM take 300-400 damage from 1 hit and freak out hoping i can heal before the boss takes advantage of a random enemy nuking my health to 15-20% or less health. OH and not to mention my friend who is mage gets 1 shot if we dont react in time...
its quite clear the "Kunai Masters" are the "Red Devils" from hell, just black, with 10x more attack speed. we all know red devils right when you hit hardmode you have to dodge or you basically die, well, Kunai Masters are that next nuke teir, the issue is theyre completely invisible at night, and their kunais bounce so if you get hit once, you likely are going to get hit again. (maybe trim their model with a white glow? or outline, so they can be seen at night?) To be honest though, i enjoy seeing my friend get rekt by 1 kunai, and once he dies, i instantly recall knowing ima be next haha. I just think they need to have the damage lowered, but by doing so not make them just another ordinary night enemy. so health up? Mini boss? white glow trim to make visible? idk.

If i think of anything else ill be back here of course, Good mod though. d:

EDIT: Bone Kunai: Awesome, theyre super strong, considering they dont pierce they're close to being balanced, but upfront theyre stupid strong, ALTHOUGH, if you dont nerf Kunai Masters, then hey, this weapon is balanced for them haha.

Last edited:
I agree, i forgot to mention this the "Gear of the moon ninja" works with many items,

Issue #1: but the "Bag of Blades" and the "Shizoko pack" do not. In Specific, the Bone Kunai, Which happens to be from this mod, doesn't work with either of them, only with the "Gear of the moon ninja".

Issue #2: I noticed the titanium Set Bonus is just a stat buff for the throwing set, can we get the "Set Bonus: Become Immune after Striking an enemy" like Titanium armor is known for? This might be happening with other armor sets you made the Thrown helm for, might be difficult to re-create their set effects so i understand, but it would be nice to have that dodge effect as a ninja, (Titanium is my fave terraria armor, just wish the effect was on end game gear :/ oh well)

Issue #3: this has been mentioned before, yet i feel the need to mention it myself, Seriously what are with those Kunai Masters?? I understand theyre meant to make surviving hardmode a challenge, but i think they need toned down, a LOT. maybe lower their damage, but spike their health? make them mini bosses? have them spawn as rare as zombie brutes? i feel early game, zombie brutes are a nightmare to deal with, but i can at least handle taking a few hits from them, where Kunai Masters if i get hit, i have to recall and heal nearly instantly.. My Largest complaint about their damage, is when i setup for a boss(IE any Mechanical boss, OR say Calamitas from calamity mod) i setup buffs and whatnot, leave the house, spawn the boss, then BOOM take 300-400 damage from 1 hit and freak out hoping i can heal before the boss takes advantage of a random enemy nuking my health to 15-20% or less health. OH and not to mention my friend who is mage gets 1 shot if we dont react in time...
its quite clear the "Kunai Masters" are the "Red Devils" from hell, just black, with 10x more attack speed. we all know red devils right when you hit hardmode you have to dodge or you basically die, well, Kunai Masters are that next nuke teir, the issue is theyre completely invisible at night, and their kunais bounce so if you get hit once, you likely are going to get hit again. (maybe trim their model with a white glow? or outline, so they can be seen at night?) To be honest though, i enjoy seeing my friend get rekt by 1 kunai, and once he dies, i instantly recall knowing ima be next haha. I just think they need to have the damage lowered, but by doing so not make them just another ordinary night enemy. so health up? Mini boss? white glow trim to make visible? idk.

EDIT: Bone Kunai: Awesome, theyre super strong, considering they dont pierce they're close to being balanced, but upfront theyre stupid strong, ALTHOUGH, if you dont nerf Kunai Masters, then hey, this weapon is balanced for them haha.

I've tried it with the Bone Kunai and it does work. But what about other throwing weapons with "kunai/knives" in their name. I've tried the gear of the moon ninja with every weapons that has kunai/knives in the weapons name and it seemed that the accessory only worked with weapons from this mod. I guess this is more of a balancing issue because vampire knives+gear of the moon ninja would be too OP.

Also, I've been farming the Kunai Masters and still no bone kunai drop. Is the item really that rare?

Also, I've been farming the Kunai Masters and still no bone kunai drop. Is the item really that rare?
its supposed to be rare yea, it does quite a bit more damage then any other thrown weapons on its tier, infact it does more damage then the lunar throwing weapon in this mod. i believe, err. aside from that, i just use a war potion from reduced grinding, alternatively a battle potion, and hide in a box to farm them.

Would it be possible for the bag of blades to work with more throwing weapons? Because currently it only work for weapons in this mod.

how do you get the bone kunai

from kunai masters on hardmode but be careful even with endgame armor can kill you in 2 hits, and its very rare the weapon drop, test using chestsheet spawning 40 of them just 1 dropped.
does it have to be after or boss is killed or just when you see a kunai master

I was wondering if you could look at one of my sprites and see if you liked it.
If you do, i can send you the actual file so you can use it if you want to. If now, could you give me tips on how to improve me spriting. Thanks
Your sprite lacks shading, it has a black outline, it isn't the right scale and the colors contrast a little too strongly. Everyone starts somewhere though! I know mine weren't great when I first started :p

Response #1: Hm, this is an interesting observation. I'll look more into it!!
Response #2: I actually thought about that, I totally will see if I can make it that set bonus instead! It should be doable haha.
Response #3: I agree, what I think I will do is make Kunai Masters spawn more rarely, nerf their damage and then ALSO upgrade their health. I like your idea of making them a similar threat and spawn level of the Zombie Brute, so I will try to replicate that as much as possible. I also will try to figure out a way to make them visible at night. I'll probably redraw them since they are slightly lazy visually :p

In response to your edit, Bone Kunai are most useful against bosses, but yes I think they do need a tiny nerf as well! Only like 30 or so damage less, not anything drastic.

Thank you for such a good response! It helps a lot to see such constructive criticism, and it invigorates me to get it done! I promise all these issues will be fixed! (Or at least heavily attempted in regards to the first issue, I'm not sure how hard that one will be to fix :p )

You might know this, quite minor, but easily confusing unless you pay attention, the "Antlion Heart" its listed as 55% summoning damage, which its actually -55% summoning damage, i was so hype to see an over powered item, then realized oh, its decreasing my damage, again, minor but it should somehow show Minus 55%.

You might know this, quite minor, but easily confusing unless you pay attention, the "Antlion Heart" its listed as 55% summoning damage, which its actually -55% summoning damage, i was so hype to see an over powered item, then realized oh, its decreasing my damage, again, minor but it should somehow show Minus 55%.
The trick with it, is it sets your summoning damage to 55% lol, not adds 55%. But I get what you mean lol, I'll make it less confusing :p
i do have to tell you that every boss in your does not get cross off the checklist just saying
Hmm, noted! I think a few work but I do think most of them still don't lol :D

Alright, so I've just barely started playing with this mod and my thoughts so far:
kunai novices are a really, really lame enemy. They're meat walls that basically exist to put a barrier to entry on nighttime to anyone who doesn't have a bow. Having the short range attack is okay, that's not the problem. The problem is twofold. They're way too weak because they move so freaking slowly (and what's up with their walking animation? It looks kinda sloppy. Which is weird since what I've seen of the rest of the mod that's not usually the case) but they're also way too strong because one hundred and thirty five freaking hit points. That's a TON for an enemy encountered that early in the game. Also, the knockback immunity seems really poorly placed.

The antys are a pain in the neck for all the wrong reasons. They have defense that's just absolutely through the roof for early game levels. For an enemy you're supposed to kill in order to fight a pre-EoC boss, they're all but invincible unless you've got something that deals damage at an absurd pace to get in that death of a thousand cuts. And on top of that, I think their movement is bugged, because you'll be fighting them and suddenly they'll zip halfway across the screen and then barrel into you with no way to stop them. The regular antys basically teleport. They LOOK like they're supposed to be mini versions of the antlion chargers and swarmers but they do not act like it. They act like upgraded versions. AND they don't drop anything. Not even money. That's just insult to injury man.

So, in short, my thoughts on the earlygame enemies:
kunai novices: have too much health, move too slowly, remove knockback resist.
antys: have too much defense, move too fast, add drops of some kind.

Also, I've killed something like 40 antys total and the antlion queen still hasn't spawned, what's up with that?

I completely agree with this post, and to add to it, when flying around with early wings from another mod, i found a kunai novice... DRIFTING down to earth slower then a person holding space after using up all their wing power.

Kunai novice's deal a lot of damage as well though, so my reccomendation would be to lower their damage, up their speed, and maybe alter the ai so that while trying to fight them they move quicker but try to leap over you to avoid attacks at close range. also possibly lower their defence, the anty's definitely need their defence and possibly attack lowered, and i haven't encountered enough to be able to spawn the queen, at the stage of the game the queen is, it would be completely alright if it was to spawn more frequently from killing anty's later game as then it would be more of a mini boss then a regular boss.

Alright, update on my playthrough, the antlion queen spawns antys WAY too fast, as it is, the antlion queen fight is basically impossible pre EoC without certain modded items.

EDIT: Okay, not basically impossible. basically impossible to fight without cheesing it. It just boxed myself into a thing too small for the Antys to get into and then summoning a minion outside of the box and waited for the antlion queen to die. That seemed to do the trick.
Still though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom