tModLoader Nightmares Unleashed! Throwing weapons, bosses, minibosses, items, and more to come!

I downloaded your newest update, and my game broke. I mean, crashed completely at startup. I added several new mods Pumpkings, the w1k, water biome and shrooms. One of those isn't meshing well. I really hope that I can find out what caused it.. and for now I'm creating a new world and waiting to see what happened. I was going to do that any way, but your mod was a favorite. :/. Still in infancy, but it's got a LOT of great potential. I wanted you to know I moved other mods into the folder, all the new ones, and re-added yours and it crashed. I only kept in pumpkings. That might be it, but I'm not a coder.

I downloaded your newest update, and my game broke. I mean, crashed completely at startup. I added several new mods Pumpkings, the w1k, water biome and shrooms. One of those isn't meshing well. I really hope that I can find out what caused it.. and for now I'm creating a new world and waiting to see what happened. I was going to do that any way, but your mod was a favorite. :/. Still in infancy, but it's got a LOT of great potential. I wanted you to know I moved other mods into the folder, all the new ones, and re-added yours and it crashed. I only kept in pumpkings. That might be it, but I'm not a coder.
Hmm. Did it give an error message? If I have an error message I have a starting place to look. Could you try having JUST my mod and see if it crashes? That way, I have an idea if it's a conflict on your pc or something with another mod's code or if my mod is being stubborn. But if you have an error message of any kind, please, please let me see it haha. I'll dig in my code for anything potentially on my side that would cause the issues. Thank you for reporting this, and I'm glad you enjoy my mod :)

Yes, I can definitely do that. I'll disable the mods and leave that one up and go to an old world I have loaded to see.
[doublepost=1475327806,1475327465][/doublepost]
Yes, I can definitely do that. I'll disable the mods and leave that one up and go to an old world I have loaded to see.
Nope, loaded just fine. NOw, I suppose what I can do is disable your mod since i'm not crashed, and add in the new mods one at a time. I will let you know which mod.

Nope, loaded just fine. NOw, I suppose what I can do is disable your mod since i'm not crashed, and add in the new mods one at a time. I will let you know which mod.
Or what you could try, keep my mod enabled, try loading each mod one at a time to see if they conflict with my mod. If none of them do, then you continue to add them one at a time together. That way you know if it's my mod they conflict with or not. :)

Alright, I added in the first mod; water biome, and it crashed with your's. I'm not sure that's it, though, so.. I'm isolating the mod again, and adding back in water to open the game again.
[doublepost=1475328215][/doublepost]
Alright, I added in the first mod; water biome, and it crashed with your's. I'm not sure that's it, though, so.. I'm isolating the mod again, and adding back in water to open the game again.
I meant keep your mod enabled lol and add the new ones in one at a time, but what I really should do is do it with yours down the list.

[doublepost=1475328215][/doublepost]
I meant keep your mod enabled lol and add the new ones in one at a time, but what I really should do is do it with yours down the list.
Okay haha, well as long as you're doing it in a way that figures out which mods conflict keep on doing it my friend :p

I am SO darn tired. Okay, seriously, my braincells aren't usually so whacked out, but I didn't sleep last night. Alright, I added in the first one WITH your's enabled as well and it crashed. However, I kept in all the old ones as there wasn't one single issue with any other mod. But, I see what you're saying as I updated your mod at the same time as loading the new ones. There very well could be one on my list that someone doesn't have. I'll be back, but seriously, water biome crashed it from the get go. but it could besomething else.

Alright, this is going to be difficult. I reloaded it with every new mod disabled. And- it's not working. It's something that I have that was meshing with it before. Husband just woke up and told me to ask you since there was no error, as it just crashed at start up- wouldn't go past recipes, is there an area I can check for an error log.

Alright, this is going to be difficult. I reloaded it with every new mod disabled. And- it's not working. It's something that I have that was meshing with it before. Husband just woke up and told me to ask you since there was no error, as it just crashed at start up- wouldn't go past recipes, is there an area I can check for an error log.
There is multiple worlds it won't load with, I started half and half. I can tell you that I narrowed it down to 7 mods and they were the big ones, and it didn't load. I'm going to try to do that simple list again and eliminate one and see and then just do it that way.

Alright. Here's what is going on, and I can't code and don't understand any of this. I couldn't add Calamity, Zoalken, pies, cosmetic,cheatsheet, bluemagic, tremor, or thorium when all added. I then tried groups of them. didn't work. So, I added JUST thorium. Worked. I added calamity, didn't work with that. I assumed your mod didn't work with them. so I tried calamity without thorium. worked. Then tremor, then cheat sheet, then calamity, pies- it all works. When I added cosmetic back in as I was talking, it crapped out again. And, I can tell you that these worlds load perfectly fine for me if your mod isn't on it. They all work nicely with each other, and never had an issue. But, for some reason, when your mod had thorium itself, great. Removed with tremor, cheat sheet, calamity and pie's vanity? worked. Cosmetic variety was added to it? didn't work. I have no idea what's going on and I wish I did. I can stress to you that they are working if your mod isn't on there. I really hope this is figured out, you're an open and likable guy- and what's more, you're doing this of your own volition. It's a fantastic mod either way, but these mods I added are my absolute favorites, and I can't play without them. I'm editing to add that cosmetic works just fine with it just one on one. I hope all of this helps, it took me a few hours.

Alright. Here's what is going on, and I can't code and don't understand any of this. I couldn't add Calamity, Zoalken, pies, cosmetic,cheatsheet, bluemagic, tremor, or thorium when all added. I then tried groups of them. didn't work. So, I added JUST thorium. Worked. I added calamity, didn't work with that. I assumed your mod didn't work with them. so I tried calamity without thorium. worked. Then tremor, then cheat sheet, then calamity, pies- it all works. When I added cosmetic back in as I was talking, it crapped out again. And, I can tell you that these worlds load perfectly fine for me if your mod isn't on it. They all work nicely with each other, and never had an issue. But, for some reason, when your mod had thorium itself, great. Removed with tremor, cheat sheet, calamity and pie's vanity? worked. Cosmetic variety was added to it? didn't work. I have no idea what's going on and I wish I did. I can stress to you that they are working if your mod isn't on there. I really hope this is figured out, you're an open and likable guy- and what's more, you're doing this of your own volition. It's a fantastic mod either way, but these mods I added are my absolute favorites, and I can't play without them. I'm editing to add that cosmetic works just fine with it just one on one. I hope all of this helps, it took me a few hours.
Okay. I have a few ideas about what might be the causes behind all of these issues, and I'll make sure to try to load it with calamity and thorium to mess around and see what could fix it and what wouldn't fix it. Thank you for doing all that testing! It'll help a lot :)

Okay. I have a few ideas about what might be the causes behind all of these issues, and I'll make sure to try to load it with calamity and thorium to mess around and see what could fix it and what wouldn't fix it. Thank you for doing all that testing! It'll help a lot :)
I'm using a big list of different mods, Should I hold back on updating for now?

Back
Top Bottom