Ninja Class Mod (WIP)

Progress Update:
Basic functionality of Ninja Evasion is now complete. I still need to rebalance the weapons and armour to accomodate the new mechanic, fix up some miscellaneous things and add a few new accessories.

On a separate note, I was wondering if there was interest in compatibility with major content mods. i.e. Add ninja weapons and gear gotten from bosses and materials from other mods like calamity
Please reply or like to show you are interested in the idea and I’ll add it to my todo list after i finish adding hardmode gear.

Last edited:
Cross compatibility is great but I think it's something that should come later when the mod is more fleshed out. Or should I say, not a priority.

Cross compatibility is great but I think it's something that should come later when the mod is more fleshed out. Or should I say, not a priority.
Yea, I meant it would be added after I at minimum add gear all the way through the game and add a few new weapon types

Last edited:
I now have a discord server for the mod. Its a bit basic because I haven't really made a public discord server before, so any help, feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
link: Join the Ninja Class Mod Discord Server!
the discord server will have more frequent updates about the mod and development, along with places to put feedback, suggestions or just generally talk about the mod.

Last edited:
I was looking at stuff about ninjas and i found this concept called Metsubushi. It is pretty similar to your evasion mechanic. Maybe you could rename it to that?

I have updated the gifs to showcase the newly changed weapon and their new mega attacks, the new update should be on the mod browser soon.

I decided to finally give this a go. I know there's only enough content to cover pre-HM so far, but even with what I've experienced so far (pre-boss), there seems to be very little content. I know it's been brought up already, but there are heavy comparisons to throwing. The evasion mechanic is a good start to making the class stand out, but there would need to be more for me personally to get engaged with this class compared to what modded throwing offers. Then again, I'm also critical of Calamity not adding their stealth mechanic onto thrower, but rather, putting that into a whole different class. My own major mods could be criticized in a similar way.

Anyway, do you have any other weapon types planned other than daggers and traps? That's not to say a class can't be interesting with even just one weapon type, but will anything stand out about the current weapon attacks beyond their MEGA attacks that are only sometimes usable? Are more weapons planned for pre-hardmode? For now, there seems to hardly be any weapons at different points in progression. Also, how come the Wooden Dagger is in a surface wooden chest and not craftable? There's also a gold and platinum dagger, but not for the other six basic bars at the start of the game, which almost feels like an omission. You go from something that barely does damage to something that can hold up to the basic mobs with no middle ground. For the daggers, I know from reading here (but not while I was playing) that the daggers were meant to have a limited range. However, the way this is done, with them simply breaking after a moment, feels odd. Perhaps heavier gravity to limit range (aside from downward) in a way that feels more nature than just simply breaking after a moment?

I know this post has been quite critical. I also know this is still being worked on, even spriters helping. I can praise there being three different armor sets to cover pre-HM progression well. Making a new class from start to end game is a lot of work, especially to keep players engaged with enough content throughout an entire playthrough. Given the ninja theme, there's a lot more than just daggers and traps that can fit in, although they may not all work for your intended playstyle for the class.

I hadn't gotten around to updating the sprites here on the forum post but I have done so now, but I wont update the gifs to the newer weapon sprites for now.

Back
Top Bottom