Ninja Class Mod (WIP)

would it be fine if I used your resprites in the mod?
Feel free to! If i feel like it i might help improve on a few others, but probably not, i like to make my own mods (most of which are like 5 lines of code.) And ill probably be spending a lot of time on that.

So what is the idea behind the class? I feel that classes need thier own mechanics to distinguish themselves, looking at the gifs the weapons just look like melee/thrower weapons.

So what is the idea behind the class? I feel that classes need thier own mechanics to distinguish themselves, looking at the gifs the weapons just look like melee/thrower weapons.
Its focused much more on fast movement and closer range attacks than other classes

So what's the advantage to adding a new damage class as opposed to just making a melee armor set that improves movement abilities?
Yea, I've been thinking about what mechanics I could add to ninja weapons to make them more unique but i haven't settled on anything yet

Yea, I've been thinking about what mechanics I could add to ninja weapons to make them more unique but i haven't settled on anything yet
Maybye all the weapons in the class could force your character to move in some way, like for example if you use the throwing daggers it forces you into doing a backwards jump while you throw them, or you could have a blade type of weapon that forces your character into a dash. You could then add a 'ninja agility' stat that increases the amount of movement when using ninja weapons, like a speddier back jump or a longer, faster dash.

This is a great mod but have U thought of what used to be throwing which in now ranged
Great idea just it is kind of a remake
Tip: Make Shuriken's and throwing knives a ninja thing to replace the other ones, There are good but you can make them better

Thank you and good job.

This is a great mod but have U thought of what used to be throwing which in now ranged
Great idea just it is kind of a remake
Tip: Make Shuriken's and throwing knives a ninja thing to replace the other ones, There are good but you can make them better

Thank you and good job.
I don't think it's possible to change the class of a vanilla item to a modded class. The only way I think you could do that would be to replace them with a modded item that looks exactly the same. But at the same time that wouldn't be compatible with other mods that allow you to use them in recipes.

I don't think it's possible to change the class of a vanilla item to a modded class. The only way I think you could do that would be to replace them with a modded item that looks exactly the same. But at the same time that wouldn't be compatible with other mods that allow you to use them in recipes.
It's definately possible, but you'll have to impliment your class via GlobalItem variables as oppoesed to inheriting a base NewClassItem class

Is this just throwing class?
Actually, in my opinion its more like melee. The weapons arent consumed when used.
Sure, it looks like throwing, but gameplay wise, think about it. Boomerangs, Vampire knives, Daybreak. Those are all melee because they arent consumed.

Actually, in my opinion its more like melee. The weapons arent consumed when used.
Sure, it looks like throwing, but gameplay wise, think about it. Boomerangs, Vampire knives, Daybreak. Those are all melee because they arent consumed.
yea, it’s suppose to be focused on shorter ranged projectile attacks, hence why I made the daggers break after a second or so

yea, it’s suppose to be focused on shorter ranged projectile attacks, hence why I made the daggers break after a second or so
Heres an interesting idea for a unique gimmick fot the class: a stealth mechanic! I have no idea how exactly you would do it, but its an interesting concept.

Heres an interesting idea for a unique gimmick fot the class: a stealth mechanic! I have no idea how exactly you would do it, but its an interesting concept.
I though of my own idea for a cool mechanic that would make ninja class more unique. I’ll probably start working on it and testing it soon, so look forward to that.

UPDATE:
A new mechanic, 'Ninja Evasion', is currently in the works and should be out soon!

What is Ninja Evasion?
If you right click with a ninja weapon in hand, you get a small amount of I-frames (Ill refer to this as 'evade' from here on out). If you get hit during the I-frames, you will get a damage bonus for a short period. It has a cool down to prevent overuse. If you get hit while you evade while you have the damage bonus you get a stronger damage bonus and if you do it again while you have the stronger damage bonus, your next attack will be a special attack that does LOTS of damage.

Preview:
evasionPreview.gif

(sorry for the red tint, it was a blood moon XD)

what do you mean? I have 3 armour sets currently in the mod, 2 of which are very ninja like. If your asking why I havent changed the vanilla ninja armor to give ninja bonuses, I prefer not to change the vanilla content even if its a bit weird that stuff like ninja armor and shurikens arent ninja class to make this mod compatable with other mods that change or use them for stuff like throwing classes

Back
Top Bottom