NPCs & Enemies Ninja event and NPC

Relogic should add ninja related stuff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushy Boi

Terrarian
Ninja Ambush :kingslime:

This would be an event that randomly happens at night, after a mechanical boss has been defeated
Can be summoned with a Ninja Reinforcement Caller

As for the enemies:
Most ninjas would be slow and invisible until either within 10 tiles of the player or get attacked
They would then slowly become invisible again when both no longer apply
For melee ninjas, they dash at the player when within 12 tiles of the player
While dashing, ninjas have 100% KB resistance
Projectiles are affected

Weeb/Weaboo
Never invisible, moderate speed, low health, attack, and defense. Dresses like Naruto and Naruto runs. Gives all players the debuff 'Cringing', which does nothing, (tooltip: Please just stop) Very rare.

Ninja Beserker
Slowly moves toward the player, throws shurikens at a slow rate

Ninja Rusher
Runs at the player at high speeds while inaccurately firing a barrage of shurikens.

Ninja Thrower
Stops when within ~20 tiles of the player, throws shurikens at high speeds, very quickly

Ninja Magician

Quickly throws 3 kunai (gravity affected, doesn't pass through tiles), then teleports

Nightjar

A fast flying ninja enemy. Can pass through tiles.
Based on... a nightjar

Ninja Bomber

Slowly glides back and forth above the player, then drops either grenades, or slightly homing fireworks.

Ninja Smoker

Periodically drops special smoke bombs that makes ninjas who pass through it completely invisible for 15 seconds. Runs away upon turning visible

Ninja Master
The miniboss of the event
Rushes the player with a sword, if the player is air-borne, will do a mid-air blade spin. At ~ 30 tiles from the player, will throw electric shurikens.

Drops:
Attack Ninja Vantity (tooltip: Don't want any pirates to see you)
Enhanced Shurikens (tooltip: Actual ninjas use these)
Scrolls (tooltip: Learn the way of the ninja)

NPC
Sensei
A retired ninja craftsmen who now teaches ninjitsu
Fires shurikens at enemies

Quotes
"Me and *pirate's name* are constantly fighting" *when the pirate npc is present

"Just so you know, I'm a retired technician"

"That *cyborg's name* fellow is a true work of mechanics. Too highly advanced for *mechanic's name*." *when the cyborg and mechanic are present

"At first you would think my students would be easily spotted, but SURPRISE! They actually have good camouflage."

"Those pirates have no idea how to invade."

"Sneak attack!" *at night

"Those really big guys you fight sometimes, they see right trough my camouflage."

"We're the strongest faction in *world name*, that doesn't include those martians" *after the Martian Madness event has been defeated

"Make it quick, I'm having an engineering contest with *goblin tinkerer's name*!"*when the goblin tinkerer is present

"I can't sell you my scrolls, but I see you have some already"

Sells:
Camo 1silver
Enhanced Shuriken 1silver
Party Camo 1silver *during party
Fake blood 50copper
Stealth Bullet/Arrow 5/10copper *during solar eclipse

Crafting:
Ninja Renforcement Caller - 20 camo, 5 scrolls, 10 hallowed bars. Not consumable
Camouflage Sniper rifle - 20 camo, illegal gun parts, 3 scrolls, boomstick, binoculars(?) ~75 damage, when selected, makes the player invisible, can be toggled with right-click
Ninja Smoke Bomb (5) - smoke bomb (5), 1 camo. Works like the smokers' bombs
Taser - 5 camo, 10 iron bars, 25 wires. Melee weapon that upon hitting an enemy, will zap nearby enemies

If you have any recommendations please let me know ~:mad:

Last edited:
Such a great idea this would be amazing to see in game with all details labeled the dev would hardly need to do anything to make this a reality

How much damage would the camoflauge sniper rifle do?

Too many enemy types without enough distinction IMO. I like a lot of the ideas though and the overall concept. Having a small amount of enemy types, but each having a broader range of individual abilities would be an interesting and theme fitting concept to differentiate ninjas from the other more Zerg-y invasions.

Here’s maybe a simpler enemy list:

A melee ninja that dashes (has KB immunity and some extra defense while dashing) and throws shuriken at a slow rate while approaching

A ninja that teleports intermittently (leaving a log behind) and throws a barrage of three kunai, all of which are affected by gravity and cannot pierce walls

A ninja that turns invisible with a smoke bomb and looks for a high knock back hit with a bo-staff

A ninja in a glider that hovers slowly above the player and drops explosives, switching between bouncing, unguided grenades and fireworks rockets with a degree of tracking

A ninja master equipped with a sword, capable of performing a mid air blade spin (like the move in the 2D ninja gaiden game), make dashes with his sword, and throwing electrically charges shuriken

Too many enemy types without enough distinction IMO. I like a lot of the ideas though and the overall concept. Having a small amount of enemy types, but each having a broader range of individual abilities would be an interesting and theme fitting concept to differentiate ninjas from the other more Zerg-y invasions.

Here’s maybe a simpler enemy list:

A melee ninja that dashes (has KB immunity and some extra defense while dashing) and throws shuriken at a slow rate while approaching

A ninja that teleports intermittently (leaving a log behind) and throws a barrage of three kunai, all of which are affected by gravity and cannot pierce walls

A ninja that turns invisible with a smoke bomb and looks for a high knock back hit with a bo-staff

A ninja in a glider that hovers slowly above the player and drops explosives, switching between bouncing, unguided grenades and fireworks rockets with a degree of tracking

A ninja master equipped with a sword, capable of performing a mid air blade spin (like the move in the 2D ninja gaiden game), make dashes with his sword, and throwing electrically charges shuriken
Great ideas, the melee ninja you mentioned is actually how I imagined the dash would work
The way the invisibility works is that ninjas spawn invisible, so I worked the smoke bomber into something more like a support

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom