NPCs & Enemies Ninja NPC

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Just an NPC that acts like the Witch Doctor, selling random stuff with no real purpose except for selling random stuff. Spawns after King Slime is defeated.

INVENTORY:

Poison Powder

65 Copper
Sold at any time
10 ranged damage
14 use time
Acts like the old Vile Powder, dealing 10 damage in a radius. Is now used to craft Poisoned Knives so they can be obtained in Crimson worlds.

Wooden Stick

30 Copper
Sold at any time
10 melee damage
19 use time
5 knockback
Basically a consumable melee weapon, like the Shuriken but it acts like a broadsword.

Bo Staff

45 Copper
Sold during a Blood Moon/Eclipse in place of Wooden Sticks
12 melee damage
19 use time
7 knockback
Wooden Stick upgrade.

King Slime Staff
10 Gold
Sold at any time
9 minion damage
Summons a King Slime turret with a ninja inside of it. The ninja throws shurikens that hit enemies and are highly effected by gravity. Basically an early-game turret.

Slime Crown
5 Gold
Obtained post-Shadow Orb/Crimson Heart
There needs to be a better way of obtaining these.

Sai
60 Copper
Sold during Hardmode
27 ranged damage
Sold during Hardmode
4 knockback
14 use time
Can be retrieved 33.3% of the time. Acts as a Hardmode consumable weapon.

Enchanted Stick
75 Copper
Sold during Hardmode
23 melee damage
5 knockback
19 use time
Upgraded Bo Staff. Shoots a yellow laser that fires at an extremely high velocity and deals half damage. Same color scheme as the Enchanted Boomerang/Sword.

Smoke Cloud
12 Silver
Sold post-Plantera
Can be crafted into Smoky Bullets (50 Empty Bullets + 1 Smoke Cloud, makes 50) which deal 10 damage and inflict the Smoking debuff.
Also, it can craft the Flask of Smoke (Bottled Water + 5 Smoke Clouds at an Imbuing Station) which makes melee weapons inflict the Smoking debuff.
The Smoking debuff reduces damage enemies deal to you by 10%.

What do you think?

Considering we already had a ninja outfit, the idea is plausible. And it certainly gives hunting King Slime more purpose than a personal achievement. However I suggest swapping out Sai for Kunai instead.

What possible names should the NPC have? Naruto = a big no-no.

Considering we already had a ninja outfit, the idea is plausible. And it certainly gives hunting King Slime more purpose than a personal achievement. However I suggest swapping out Sai for Kunai instead.

I don't wanna have a Kunai, as that's what SzGamer called his HM consumable.

How about make the Sai a 2 hit melee weapon instead? From what I've seen Sai users usually dual wield them.
And for those insist on throwing the Sai, make a separate consumable "Throwing Sai"?

And you have any idea what to name the NPC?

I found a solution to this. Who teaches a ninja? The answer is a Sensei!

I suggest renaming it to Sensei as we already have a ninja outfit in the game, a Sensei also is the one who gives you equipment to teach you to fight with it, so it would make even more sense than previously. If you want to expand on this a little more, you can always rip ideas from my portfolio thread.

I like the Idea and it would be a cool Npc in my opinion.
Altho maybe he should also have some kind of Katana to sell since to my knowledge Ninja also used those. I am aware that there is already a Katana in the game but maybe they can make another Version of it with different stats ^^.

This is a good idea, since the boss is easy, and the summon item is hard to get, and it doesn't really drop anything of value, there needs to be an incentive for beating it.

Back
Top Bottom