NPCs & Enemies Ninja NPC

Div101

The Destroyer
There should be a Ninja NPC for after you defeat King Slime. He will sell you throwing-related items, and the stuff dropped from Bone Lee after plantera. I think this is a NPC that everyone would like to see in 1.4.

I love new NPCs, but, yeah, (vanilla) throwing class will be merged with ranger probably, and while Bone Lee is rare but still... it feels lacking having an NPC only for such.

Any more ideas on what said NPC could do...? If he/she could do more, maybe it could be justified to add such an NPC.

It could attack with throwing stars. Maybe sell a ninja costume as a vanity item.
Ninja costume? There's ninja armor which is already dropped by King Slime, and there's the Gi that's somewhat similar which is sold by traveling merchant...

Maybe the ninja set could be turned into a costume, or the stat buffs changed to ranger.

Maybe the ninja set could be turned into a costume, or the stat buffs changed to ranger.
That still doesn't changes the fact that it's not really necessary to have a town NPC just for selling those... the ninja would need more to do so it's actually justified to add it into the game.

Maybe he cold sell Smoke Bombs, a consumable that when thrown, confuses enemies for 3s, and grants you invisibility for 5s.

I had my own idea for a Ninja NPC.

Maybe she (let's make it a female ninja to add another female NPC to the game) could be a quest-based NPC like the angler, only she assigns assassination missions where you have to track down and take out unique ninja mini-bosses. The rewards could be ninja-themed weapons for all classes, not just throwing items.

Some ideas:

Kunai: A hardmode consumable upgrade to the Shuriken, that splits into a spread of three kunai.

Windmill Shuriken: A giant shuriken that serves as a boomerang-type weapon.

God Hand: A Golem-tier or endgame upgrade to the Arkhalis/Fetid Baghnakhs, which throws a flurry of rapid punches. ATATATATATATATA!

Nunchaku: A short-ranged flail weapon that hits rapidly.

Flash Bomb: A consumable item that is thrown, and teleports you to the spot where it landed in a puff of smoke.

Blossom Fan: A Leaf Blower-like magic weapon that throws out a cloud of cherry blossom petals.

Shadow Scroll: A summoning weapon. Summons shadowy duplicates of yourself that attack when you do. Gives a 10% chance to evade an oncoming attack by expending a clone.

Ninja Cycle: A motorcycle mount, because motorcycles are cool. Goes about as fast as the unicorn, but instead of a double jump it can climb up vertical surfaces when it hits top speed.

Also, with throwing weapons being rolled back into the ranged umbrella, the ninja set could be made a melee/ranged hybrid set for pre-hardmode. Fossil Armor can be pure ranged - the ranged class could use a set to fill the gap before Necro Armor comes online.

I think instead of selling Bone Lee's stuff, they should sell extra stuff if you have them in your inventory, also to add on to Wyvernil's idea:

Elemental Shuriken: A slightly bigger shuriken. Fires a shuriken at slow speed then a second at a much faster speed. The second Shuriken can knock the first one and change its direction if they hit each other. After being hit the first shuriken gains the same speed as the second one. They can both ricochet once or disappear after 7-8 seconds of being thrown

I had my own idea for a Ninja NPC.

Maybe she (let's make it a female ninja to add another female NPC to the game) could be a quest-based NPC like the angler, only she assigns assassination missions where you have to track down and take out unique ninja mini-bosses. The rewards could be ninja-themed weapons for all classes, not just throwing items.

Some ideas:

Kunai: A hardmode consumable upgrade to the Shuriken, that splits into a spread of three kunai.

Windmill Shuriken: A giant shuriken that serves as a boomerang-type weapon.

God Hand: A Golem-tier or endgame upgrade to the Arkhalis/Fetid Baghnakhs, which throws a flurry of rapid punches. ATATATATATATATA!

Nunchaku: A short-ranged flail weapon that hits rapidly.

Flash Bomb: A consumable item that is thrown, and teleports you to the spot where it landed in a puff of smoke.

Blossom Fan: A Leaf Blower-like magic weapon that throws out a cloud of cherry blossom petals.

Shadow Scroll: A summoning weapon. Summons shadowy duplicates of yourself that attack when you do. Gives a 10% chance to evade an oncoming attack by expending a clone.

I really like the idea of assassination missions. This would give King Slime a purpose. I like it...

Also, for no reason, I decided to make a "bound form" sprite for the ninja, for after you defeat King Slime.
Ninja-9.png
"Worthless Defeated Weakling"

I just made it on Piskel.

Back
Top Bottom